July 28, 2014 | 2043 users online

Pressed Powders - Arbonne - Personalizer oil-absorbing powder

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by daytripper7719

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of THE WORST powders Iíve ever used! I have insanely oily skin, so when I found this on a cheap Ebay sale, figured Iíd give it a try. Not only did it seem to make my skin oilier, it gave me a sallow & sickly tint after I used it for two touch-ups during the day. I should know better than to try a new product on a day where something important is taking place. A couple of hours before an important dinner, I realized that this powder had made me look ill. I brushed on some pink Milani blush, then my trusty Mattify! Loose Powder (donít know why I strayed from this in the first place Ė itís the only thing that even begins to control the oil on my face), then a dusting of
Coty Loose Powder in Translucent Ė and finally, I was a bit less green. After piling on all this stuff to get rid of the green hue, my face felt plastic. If youíre going to try this product, donít expect much oil control & donít use it for touch-ups! Maybe it works better underneath foundation Ė kind of as an oil absorbing primer? On an experimental day, I might try that theory & will post another review if it actually works!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by anjabull

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily, blemish prone skin and like this powder. The green perfectly tones down the redness in my skin. It does keep my skin looking good for a few hours, before the shine comes through. For the price, there could me more product in the compact... I'd rather pay a little more for more product. It isn't very green to keep buying a fresh compact every couple of months.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product.. but I have to agree with the other negative reviews that it didn't seem to do ANYTHiING for stopping or helping with the oilies. I've been very careful with my skincare regime and no matter what type of foundation day I'm having, with or without a primer, this as a "touch up" during the day leaves me just as oily within an hour. I will use up what I have because it was a a bit pricy, but I will not be repurchasing. :/

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by boxermom3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only use this as a coverup when I have a blemish on my face. I am concerned about using allover since it is green but after reading the other reviews, I'm definitely gonna try as my skin tends to be very oily. I use a tiny lip brush to apply this and its fantastic. Does a terrific job to cover up the redness!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by crmeyers

Ew. I am just confused. I know I have very sensitive skin but some weird things happened with this powder! I used this a few years back before I found my HG powder. When I look back at any pictures of me back then, I wonder why I didn't throw this to the curb earlier! I looked like a greasy, oily mess. While the product has "oil absorbing powder" in the name, I would like to think that to more accurately describe, they should change it to "oil creating powder". I have never, ever looked as bad as I did when I wore this powder, except for when I had poison oak on my face. I might have looked worse then. But, really, it's a toss up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I have very oily skin. This green powder really helps mid day when my face gets oily. It is pricey though. You have to pat it into your skin, you can't rub it on like other powders or you'll look like a martian. It works.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by riversiren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is good.
It is green, so it has to be blended, but unlike the other green products I've tried, it doesn't take much blending and it doesn't look green when I'm done. I don't know what it's like over make up 'cuz I use it instead of make up to cover up the red & blot the oil. It's @ $24 for a compact...I don' t remember if that's before the consultant's discount...but it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Newfreezer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product works well but doesn't last very long. Milk of magnesia mask works much better. Plus, this stuff is green! I don't like the tone that it turns my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Resurgam

of all the arbonne products i wanted to try, this was it. more than the nutrimen or the thermal mask, this was the one product my hands were itching to get to. so when i got it, i couldn't wait to use it. unlike the previous reviewers, i use it *after* my serum and *before* my lotion. it makes the lotion feel a bit thicker, but oh man, does it work. it really does mattify my t-zone (where i apply it) and i find myself shining less than i normally would w/o it. i use bare escentuals mineral foundation (have yet to try the arbonne mmu) or the mac mineralize if i want to wear sheerer coverage. i'm super surprised how well this works and pretty convinced by its awe-inspiring mattifying abilities. do i blot? yes. but not like two hours after i put my makeup on. now it's more like four hours before i need a touch up. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by joflo723

I like the Personalizer with one exception. I don't like how the very light powder clings to the hairs on my face. I use it over my foundation to *set* my makeup, but when I use it on my whole face, all the little white hairs on my face really stand out. Not dark, but you can see them against my skin. My 12 y/o daughter actually asked me if I was growing a beard! lol I try to use it mainly under my eyes (to set my concealer) and on my forehead and nose (where it tends to get a little shiny throughout the day). It lasts maybe 4-6 hours before I have to reapply it, so overall I like it.