Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner

4.3

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, POLYETHYLENE, SYNTHETIC WAX, DI-PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER ADIPATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE, POLYBUTENE, SUCROSE TETRASTEARATE TRIACETATE, STEARYL DIMETHICONE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRABEHENATE, BORON NITRIDE, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHEROL, STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER. [May Contain /Peut Contenir / /-: IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), D&C RED NO. 30 (CI 73360), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 45410), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), D&C RED NO. 22 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 45380), D&C RED NO. 21 (CI 45380), D&C RED NO. 7 (CI 15850), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 19140), FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 15985), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI 15850), MICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163)].

on 6/23/2015 4:27:00 PM

I'm in love with Epic by Exaggerate. Very good product and rolls on well! I went to 5 stores just to find Epic because my sister told me about it. Although, I did spend more at CVS ($8), I didn't care as long as I got my hands on it. Such a hot color!

on 5/25/2015 1:50:00 AM

j just love the color range for these particular lip liners. I mainly use this to line my entire lips and I'm forever getting compliments on the colors. 064 obsession and 022 (I believe) rapture are my favpurtie

on 5/23/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lip liners remind me of the 90's. Remember the good ol' days where ladies used to rock a dark brown lip liner lined only on the perimeter of their lips with a clear/nude gloss? With the current Kylie Jenner lip epidemic, I feel like they're making a comeback. Next time you're smoozing in your favourite store, take a gander at the Rimmel Display. Although I gave these lip liners a 3/5, I still think it's worth the investment .

Cons: I just want to get these out of the way because it will really help determine if this product is for you or not.

1) Texture- Waxy is the first word that comes to mind. These liners need to be stored in the right place to work their best. All my makeup is stored in my basement-bathroom (because it is cool, dry and dark) but I find I have to somehow warm these liners up before I apply, or else they drag on the lips. Usually what I do is take the liner and place in the middle bridge of my bra- strange, yes, but my body heat warms these up a bit. Even with this trick, the texture on a select few colours is a bit patch. Take "east end snob" for example; The light pink colour is amazing, but because of the wax, I get more application on some areas than others. It almost has a white fillm over it. Almost like the colours are muted by the wax.

2) Dryness- they're dry. The lighter colours also cling onto dry patches. If you are someone who has a lot of lines on your lips, maybe avoid these. They seem to "exaggerate" all dryness and fine lines.

Neutral Zone:

1) Price- When I realized these are 0.03g/$1 OR 1g/$32 I was amazed. So expensive right??? But then I started using these and realized that each liner lasts me almost a year. So I'm not too upset. Plus, they are always on sale for $3.99 CAD vs the normal $7.99 CAD. This isn;t really a con for me. More in the middle...

Pros:
1)Packaging- I love that the liner is a non-sharpening one. I know it's nothing new, but it just makes life so much easier. I'm not 100 percent sure why all liners don't come this way. It's sort of like "why do all foundations not come with a pump?" I'll never know...

2) Colours- What a beautiful array of nudes, reds, berries and pinks. I know you can't get too creative with lip products, but I feel as if Rimmel has really stretched the creativity factor and has worked well in producing unique and beautiful colours. I current;y have 3; I'll try to break down the colour as best as I can, and recommend what skin colour it would work best with.

a- "East End Snob" EVERYONE needs this colour!! This is like the perfect blushing pink on fair skin, a gorgeous peachy-pink on olive skin tones, and a lovely liner to top nude lipsticks with for medium-dark skin. The pink is a light colours with a cool undertone to it. It's almost like a baby pink with a magenta undertone. BUT, I will say that this can go from pink to ashy if you over apply.

b- "Addiction"- This doesn't work well on my NC20 skin as it looks too brown and heavy for me. It might no be too brown for some folks who are in the same skin tone as me, but it's a personal preference. On olive skin/medium skin, this would be a gorgeous muted browny-purple nude...very natural looking. And for deep skin, this would make a great everyday nude. The colour is a muted brown with a hint of purple-pink mixed it. i can see why this is called "addiction" as it is something that can be used as an everyday/go-to colour for many

c- "Rapture". A stunning deep berry colour. When someone says "berry lips" This is the colour that always comes to mind. It's not too dark, not too red, not too purple- it's just perfect. It's like if Mac's Diva + Rebel had a love chiild, this would be the outcome. This would look amazing on anyone. A fall must have.

Overall: love them. Can't wait to get more. But if you're on the dry side, I would avoid these.

on 5/5/2015 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

amazing product. These really are my favorite lip liners. I only have 3 shades, but for sure will buy the entire line. They are great products, especially for the price!

on 5/4/2015 2:00:00 PM

I have this in the shade "addiction" and it is a fab. goes on like a dream (pencil lip liners are a nightmare compared to the simplicity of this application) Goes on and stays on. I over draw top lip slightly with this and looks natural. I apply rimmels Asia over it and then some lipstick lock! :-)

on 5/4/2015 3:26:00 AM

I LOVEEEE these more than anything! Epic is almost a dupe for Mac whirl which I actually like epic a lot more and gave whirl away and east end snob is the most beautiful pinky nude. You need these in your life. I have like 5 of them for backup. The only thing I don't like is they run out pretty quick. But idc I'm still obsessed.

on 4/3/2015 8:07:00 AM

My colour is 018- addiction. I have very dark hair and dark eyes with pale-ish skin and this lovely reddish tint looks fabulous with the rest of my make up. It looks the exact shade of my natural lips only slightly darker.
It has great consistency- very opaque and can be used instead of a lipstick (which I often do!)
My biggest gripe is the packaging!- The product is not sold sealed and it's always been tested by some idiot who wont use the testers. Added to the fact that its a retractable pen, which doesnt last long and the tip can break off easily if you arent careful.

But a great product. One of my favourite- Ive repurchased many many times!

on 3/31/2015 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! Very pigmented and opaque. Does not last long if you love it so much and use it everyday as they are retractable not pencil. Very creamy. I purchased the shades rich and rapture. Very good for the price. Highly recommend!

I have this in "eastend snob" and it is always my go-to lipstick. (I almost always use it all over my lips) the very natural pinky nude is unbelievably flattering on my very fair skin and the matte effect is really nice, not to mention it's highly pigmented so you can go out of your lip line to make your lips look a little bigger, and the flat, angled top makes it very easy to line accurately.
However, my lips get dry very easily, and the matte formula dries them out a lot. it also may be fairly cheap, but runs out after very few applications. My friend also has one and told me the other day that hers had run out after only 3 uses. Not to mention that you also have to be very careful with how much you twist out, as it breaks off very easily.
These aren't massive issues though, and I still wear this stuff all the time, and am constantly buying new ones. Amazingly flattering and I would (and have) 100% recommend(ed).

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

These are some of the cheapest lip liners you can buy and they are great. There's not a lot you can write about a lip liner, they do what they are suppose to and have a good color selection. Touch of spice (mauve) and Natural (nude) are great to pair with multiple lip colors.

Popular Lip Liners