November 26, 2014 | 1020 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Outlast Double LipShine

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I really like the regular CG Outlast, but sadly, this is not as awesome.
It does last longer than a regular gloss, but when you go to reapply, if you put another colour layer on top of your previous one, it clumps and comes off in weird gluey flakes. It's quite strange, looks awful, and feels utterly disgusting on your lips.
So every 3 hours or so you have to clean your lips before you can put on fresh gloss, which like the regular outlast, you have to wait for it to dry between coats.
I don't know about anyone else, but I buy longwear products because they save me hassle... this just creates a different hassle.
I do like the colours, and as long as you only have one application on your lips, it does look good. I will keep using the tube I have, but I won't be buying any more.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

I have this in Tutu. The color side is totally unusable - it's drying even with balm under it (which just messes the color up anyway), and it has to dry for so long before applying the clear gloss side that I literally have to put it on right after getting out of the shower. That's like 20 minutes, and it just peels off in big dried glue-like flakes shortly afterward, anyway. It gets 4 lippies and a repurchase, though, because the clear side is great - it can be worn over any l/s, liner, stain, or even another l/g to not only add a pretty, mild shine and yummy vanilla scent, but to make it last several hours! I especially love it over my HG l/s, NYX Black Label in Bling.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by evvybuns

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Berries and Cream (240) is a great everyday shade for me. It really does last. Just be mindful to reapply the clear lip gloss or Chapstick as needed while you're wearing it so your lips don't feel dried out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by hollyhoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm surprisingly pleased with this product. I had been contemplating buying it for months but couldn't choose a color...I finally gave in and got #210. The color is a bit lighter and pinker than I prefer but it's pretty. It goes on nicely and STAYS on! It doesn't make my lips feel dry or uncomfortable in any way. I'll definitely buy this again but in a different color...I like plummy pinks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by violetskye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think a lot of the people who experience problems with it don't wait long enough between applying the color and applying the gloss - you need to wait until the color has dried, otherwise it will just mix together and not have the desired effect.

Anyway, I love it! The colors are great (I use Candy Apple 270 and Antique Rose 220), it lasts all day long - through eating, drinking, and kissing! It does make your lips feel kind of dry, but I MUCH prefer that to having it smudge around my lips or get in my food or on my glass.

The only issue I have with it is how difficult it is to get off. When you wake up after having worn it, there is still some left on your lips - a noticeable amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFreak93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best lipgloss I have ever purchased! I have the color Berry Blast and I love it! I don't have a problem with stickiness or making my lips dry. Maybe a couple tips for the people who are using it that are having troubles:
1) condition your lips all the time, if your lips are already dry, chances are you aren't going to have great results with your purchases; I use Nivea Hydro Care (light blue cover) and it works great!
2) don't use alot of it, tiny, tiny bits are lots and it really goes a long ways; after I take the stick out of the solution I wipe the excess off and even with little bits I still had a great purply color that lasted all day
3) every morning try to wipe excess skin off of your lips by taking a face cloth and wiping them, it really helps to get rid of that "flaky" feeling on your lips
4) let the color dry before you put on the clear gloss, will definitely make a difference
5) if you still have a sticky feeling to your lips, I just put on Cover Girl Fruit Spritzer gloss on top, not only is great smelling but it will add a unique "pop" of color to your gloss.
Overall, great product I am going to try Candy Apple and Spring Wine next and I might even get all the colors it's so great! The only downfall I have is that oily or greasy foods do tend to wipe it off. However, I don't use anything underneath it and I still absolutely love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by samm5163192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst product I think I have ever bought. Don't waste your money

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by skeeter04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this cuz i was looking for the lipstain and could not find it. I got the nude color in this gloss. Well i am not please with this product. Firstly the nude is more of a red tinted color and i was wanting a skin colored actual nude. It does last through drinking but not eating. Its sticky and after being on for a while and rubbing ur lips together, it feels like there is grit or dirt around the outside of my lips. And the gloss isnt that glossy. Ill continue using it just so i wont waste it but i doubt i'll ever buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for something similar to the discontinued maybelline superstay stuff. The color Power Pink was a great match to the one I used by maybelline. The color is fine and I will use it up but I won't repurchase....it gets really gritty on my lips and just feels uncomfortable.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sherl315

I swatched MANY of these long wearing lippies over the past weeks for my daughter-in-law's recent wedding. Every prand out there, high and low end. We ended up getting the Covergirl Outlast double Lipshine in the color "Glowing". It is a dupe for the Este Lauder DoubleWear Stay-in-place lip duo in Perfect Peach at 1/3 the price. NYX lipliner in Ever was a good match as a liner. I was very impressed with this lipcolor. it went on easily and stayed in place ALL DAY. It did come off at the end of the day when the bride ate some greasy pasta, so be warned...oil does take it off. But for the price I think it was a great purchase and an excellend color for brides.