Givenchy Amarige Mariage

3.0

I am really disapointed with such low ratings for this lush beautiful scent ...First of all let me tell you I am not a fan of Oriental smells or heavier ones in general ...But this beauty is an exception , I got it as a gift from a great friend with the body lotion , we both adore Givenchy creations when it comes to perfumes ..This is a voluptous fragrance , not just "curvy" voluptous , beautiful and lush very womanly sweet ( not that blah of fashionable teen scents though ) the sweetnes comes naturally , almost syrupy like from cinnamon and benzion .I don't like patchouli in perfumes , but honestly couldn't detect any here ...This is a monster sillage & longevity queen , so please don't apply with heavy hand or it will be ruined and overexposed ...I think the original Amarige -the red one - is much more suitable for brides , but keep this one for your special going out nights in Honeymoon ;)

on 8/8/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ah ah no way! This stuff smells ugly ouch!!! Is not my type of fragrance all is over the top in here! Smells like cutting grass but in a bad ugly way!!! Will use this to my weeding day as is intended on the advertising hell nooooo! Not for that special day in my opinion! Sorry but i cannot stand it! Hopefully i tester before buy it, it was be a huge and terrible mistake!

on 5/3/2011 5:47:00 PM

Its a very sharp and strong Oriental so far I dont care for it Amarige is overpowering on me At first I hated this fragrance The top notes as they are not subtle at all and scream out to be noticed but So far the dry down is ok but I still ask who would wear this to a wedding? It really smells like a winter fragrance to me. Its very strong and over powering and could offend others I have let it dry down and still find it sharp Its just not for me Although It smells wonderful in the bottle. Just dont be foolish enough to uncork the Genie from the bottle The only way I can wear this is to put a little on a q tip and diffuse it a little before putting it on but can not use full strength. And even after all that I still dont really like it

on 10/26/2010 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this scent, it smells very good on me. It's a spicy scent, good for autumn & winter.
It lasts all day.

on 5/17/2010 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

One of my favorite-french like,sweet,powdery,woody.Perfect for afternoon tea in a posh city.If u live in the coutry,then it is NOT for you,because u cannot appreciate it....

on 2/7/2010 9:14:00 AM

I'm pleasantly surprised, Amarige Mariage looks so dull to me, but it dries down to a powdery, soft vanilla scent with a hint of cinnamon. It's refined, but maybe a bit too mature for me to buy a whole bottle.

on 11/3/2009 5:20:00 PM

This smells awfully, sickeningly sweet on me. Instead of the depth of ceylon cinnamon this supposedly shares with organza indecence, I get a flat, stale sweetness topped with medicinal, screechy patch. I suppose the right chemistry is the key to this one and recommend sampling before buying.

on 10/7/2009 2:11:00 PM

Amarige Mariage would be gorgeous if it weren't for the patchouli. The patch registered to my nose as that honey sweetened tuberose with the bitter middle you see in fragrances sometimes and it wasn't till I was reading some previous reviewers who mentioned the patch that I parsed what I didn't like as that. But in the opening, the patch is what is ruining it for me.

Amarige Mariage opens with patch, a pretty bergamot, a lovely indolic jasmine, and a gently powdery sweet benzoin, which help balance the patchouli. As Amarige Mariage dries down, the patchouli recedes, but the mixture of that thin, oversweet patchouli used in too many fragrances these days stays in the base, although it deepens to a more resinous (and tolerable) patch. A very rich, deep vanilla also moves forward.

In midframe, the jasmine moves forward as well along with a very pretty cinnamon. By twenty minutes in, Amarige Mariage is mostly vanilla, benzoin, and a light cinnamon with hints of the patchouli in the bottom and a light floral top. At thirty minutes a pretty, skin-scent musk opens out.

This fragrance bridges, in an interesting way, summer florals and winter sweet orientals. However I do wish the patchouli had never been added, and either sandalwood, oak, or aoud had been used instead. EDITED: Over time I've started enjoying this more (upped lippies one); I can definately smell the connection to Indecence now. This isn't at all related to Amarige. I'd say it's the patchy sister to Indecence. This would have been amazing if they'd used oak.

on 8/31/2009 5:53:00 PM

Quite like Mariage by Givenchy. Doesn't knock me out or make me want to bathe in it. Like the sherbet like sparkle of it. A good perfume to have in your collection if not to wear all the time. Flowery, sherbet, definite sparkle to it. When I first spray it I can smell Dior Doce Vita, but only for the first few moments. Drydown is good and sweetish.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I once approached a perfect stranger in the grocery to compliment her fragrance and ask what it was. It was Amariage, a gift from her DH. I wanted to know the name so that I would NEVER EVER buy or unknowingly swap for that nasty stuff on MUA. I've smelled it on others several times since then and it's still horrendous. GAH!!!!!

Popular Fragrances