November 23, 2014 | 1116 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Technakohl in Earthline

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by samhoney

Let me just say that if MAC ever discontinued this color, I will be heart broken!!!!!

I have medium brown hair, turquoise eyes and a very fair complexion. Earthline looks amazing on my eyes. The color is a medium brown with a cool silver sheen. Lasts all day on me, no smudging at all. The liner stays put all day even when I don't use a primer over my oily lids.

Bottom line: very medium cool brown eyeliner that lasts and lasts. Don't want to be without it, ever!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by girlygirl8705

I was looking for a taupe eyeliner to wear on my waterline. I was looking for something subtle since I can't stand black or dark brown on my waterline. This is just what I wanted and it is a very pretty color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like so many reviewers have said before, Earthline is a very beautiful colour, especially with my brown eyes. Initially I was a bit worried that it would turn out like Clinique's cream shaper for eyes in 'Egyptian'. I had swatched 'Egyptian' on my hand in the shop and it looked so pretty, but if I tried to apply it on my eye, no colour wanted to show up at all (I know that it's more difficult to apply pressure on eyelids with an eyeliner but it really disappointed me that nothing worked, especially when the eyeliner is called 'creamy').

Anyhow I applied this to my eyelids and yes the colour pay-off wasn't as good as when I swatched it on my hand but it was OK. In fact, I have grown to like the greyish,feathery look 'Earthline' gives me. I never wear black eyeliner as it's so unflattering.

Overall this is a very nice eyeliner, however, the reason this only gets 4 lippies is because it barely shows up on the waterline.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Marielle4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried so many eyeliners, from Lancome, Dior, Clinique, UD etc. Black is too harsh, I don't really like brown liner on me, and grey is usually what I go for. So I was excited to find a grey/brown color (I have a profound love for all things taupe).
The color is nice, smooth application and not too much smudging.
I actually get complimented on my makeup when I wear this, so this is a keeper. Not HG but I will definately repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not good. The colour is nice but when you apply it, it smudges immediately and it's not very pigmented. Not worth the price tag, what a disappointment!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This was my first MAC eyeliner purchases. I got it because the girl at the MAC counter recommended it, and while I like the color, I don't believe it's worth the $15. It smudges immediately after you put it on and I don't think it's anything to write home about. I do use it frequently because I like the color, but I will not repurchase once it's gone.

UPDATE - changed this from an overall rating of 2 to 1. I absolutely hate this eyeliner. I used it again after putting it away for a while, thinking I would change my mind....NOPE! I hate it even more!!! It is a horrible consistancy, too waxy, not pigmented enough and disappears after a few hours of wear. Gah!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

The first high-end liner I actually like in terms of quality! It glides on super-easily, doesn't flake or smudge, and it lasts a decent amount of time. I put this on at the MAC store at about 1:30 today to test it out, and as of 6:17 (right now), it's still noticeable on my eyelids despite some slight fading. And I'm not even wearing foundation or any other eye primers! It doesn't last to infinity, but at the same time it doesn't just disappear on me in two hours either. *cough* Rimmel sable brown *cough* The only thing I don't like about Earthline, is that even though the color is beautiful light grayish brown on the back of my hand, when it's actually on my eyes I see more gray than brown. Once it's on, it seems dull. But I can definitely see this shade working better on fairer skinned ladies. I'd gladly buy one of these in another brown shade though!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by maylias

Grey-brown color that is sublte enough to be one of the few eyeliners that works on me. Application is super easy and the staying power is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by duke27511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the color. On the package and in pictures it looks like a murky brown and I would never have though of buying it. When I picked it up recently at my MAC counter and swatched it out on my hand, it was a gorgeous grey brown color. It's my new favorite eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by suni5899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this liner - In fact - I just realized I ran out and need to replace! It is one of my favorite staple liners. It is perfect for everyday use. I usually only wear this with black mascara for day to day and then shadow and shimmer for special occasions so this is great!!