September 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

Blush - Aveda - Color plus Highlight [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this blush, Plum Frescoe, for about 4 yrs and finally used it up ( I don't wear heavy blush at all! ) and am so disappointed to not be able to find it. I stopped spending my money on most high end cosmetics a long time ago, but still buy a few items here and there, and this is one of them. It is the softest, most blendable, prettiest color blush I have ever owned. The main color was a soft, slightly warm pink with a swirl of highlight color, which really didn't highlight much... I think it just softened the pink. The best thing about this blush is that it went on so nicely, and blended into the skin with hardly any effort.

Oh well, when I have time I will have to head for the closest store that sells the entire Aveda line and see if I can find another blush that is comparable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2005 9:35:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I understand that this blush formulation is being discontinued which is a shame because I love it! I have tesserae which is a perfect, natural, touch of sun color that lasts all day (similar to NARS Malibu) - a bit brown, a bit plum. I also have plum fresco which is actually a nice bright, playing in the snow pink (and not plum at all). I've purchased brown fresco as well but haven't tried it yet. I especially love that these come in wide, round pans - so perfect for swirling your blush brush in. You get a very generous amount of blush for the price as well (more than double what you get in a NARS blush for less $$). If you are a fanatic for natural looking, long lasting blush buy these while they're still available!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2004 9:37:00 PM More reviews by bubblebball15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this is Light Quartz. I like it very much! This gives my cheekbones definition and gives the apples a flushed look... at the same time! The smell is a little odd, but I like it on my face, like I've just walked through the woods. It's a little nice. I will repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2004 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great colors, very portable packaging, performs exactly as a liquid/cream blush should: leaves subtle but natural color that blends into the skin and makes you look naturally flushed/contoured. These wear all day and the colors are all great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2004 10:52:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've already repurchased this once, I use Brown Fresco. You get a generous amount and a little goes a long way. This gives me a very natural, sunkissed, "bronze and berries" color. I love it! I have tried hard to find or replicate the color elsewhere but with no luck. It lasts a long time, too.
    Thanks, Aveda! HG Product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2004 4:29:00 PM More reviews by moyabean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful blush! I bought this in Tesserae, which consists of three color combined into one screw-top round container. There's a medium pink, a medium terracotta, and plummy-mauve. This wakes up my MMM/golden complexion and makes my face look rosy and healthy -- as if I just came in from a jog or had gotten a little touch of sun. This product is neither shimmery nor really matte. The finish is quite natural. I'd definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2003 5:51:00 AM More reviews by chase

Ooo so pretty! I have this is Plum Fresco and it truly is a value for money and underrated blush. It comes in a generous compact 2 colours (rose pink and peach) are swirled together. I swiped it gently to test the colour and it has a wonderful soft and silky texture, well pigmented too. The colour looks like a warm pink on my MMM skin but the extra special part is the silver shimmer which is tiny and not as gritty as Nars' blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2002 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I decided to try this product on a whim, and am quite happy i did. Color plus highlighter is a large pot of blush with a golden highlighter marbelized into the blush. The pot container is a screw top that is twice the size of a MAC Blush. (large!) I got Plum Fresco a more matte shade of Nars Sin but less shimmer. The product itself is pretty to look at. It really is Nars Sin but less shimmer and more sublte colro. You can use this as a allover color too. A little goes a LONG way! Lasts all day and gives a rosy glow. They also had a pale pink shade and peachy shade as well. Overall I really like this product and am tempted to get the other colors!