August 20, 2014 | 1112 users online

Hair Styling Tools - T3 - Twirling Iron

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I already posted my review on Folica.com, where I bought this iron, but my experience with it was so awful, I felt compelled to review it here at MUA, as well. (By the way, I had the 1 1/2" barrel).

In the quest for perfect hair, money is almost no object to me. I was not put off so much by this curling iron's hefty price tag because, based on the reviews and my experience with ceramic and tourmaline tools, I thought it would be worth the money. Besides, I'm usually a firm believer in the saying, "You get what you pay for."
Sadly, that does not apply here. Not only did this curling iron NOT live up to my expectations, I would go so far as to say it is the worst curling iron I have ever used. I have an old, cheapie, Revlon model that produces better and longer lasting results than the T3, and my Hot Tools ceramic by far outperforms the T3.
My hair is thick, but fine in texture, and is about half-way down my back, so yes, it's long and rather heavy. But that should not pose such an enormous challenge to a product so highly-acclaimed as the T3. Seriously, not five mintues after I finished curling my hair, the curls were GONE. I was left with lackluster hair that was somewhat frizzy and dull.
I am packing up my T3 and sending it back today. Obviously, based on the reviews here, this iron is a miracle to some, and I'm happy for them, but for me it was a complete and utter disappointment and a waste of time. I'll stick with my Revlon and Hot Tools irons for now, thank you very much.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No