Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sesame seed oil, stearic acid (vegetable fat), kaolin, glucose (sugar), royal jelly powder, comfrey leaf extract, cucumber extract, eyebright extract, chamomile extract, rosehips extract, with hazel extract, lecithin, mica, natural borax, xanthan gum, orange oil, lemon oil, ylang ylang oil, sucrose stearate & distearate (sugar emulsifiers), fragrance, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on impulse, as I was purchasing the Burts Bees lip balm, which I love.

The consistency is watery, and it caused my eyes to burn and water intensely. It was so bad that I had to wash it off.

I am not sure what is in this, but I have never had that sort of reaction before...and its worth noting that I did NOT actually get it into my eyes.

I tried again the next day ( I must be a sucker for punishment!) and the exact same thing happened.

Needless to say I threw it out. Waste of cash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This is the worst eye cream I have ever had the misfortune to purchase. It appears to be a cream consistency but is more watery than anything else. That being said, it tends to run into my eye somehow. I do not know how because I have tried applying it in different ways and always make sure to leave a good gap between the end of the application and my eye (which is annoying because that means a portion of my eye is not moisturized). I think it may be from the heat of my skin that makes it melt down into my eye but without fail, after applying this, my eyes will start to BURN and I will tear up insanely but it doesn't help unless I remove the product. Despite being so expensive, I am not willing to use it any more. I actually threw it out. DO NOT PURCHASE. YOU WILL REGRET IT, AND SO WILL YOUR POOR EYES.

I have had such a tough time finding a drugstore eye cream. My budget will not permit me to spend more than twenty dollars on an eye cream. I actually haven't been using one for the past many months. Well, I am 27, and recently developed dry patches on both eyes. Even though I moisterize twice a day, my eyes were needing some extra moisture. I was frustrated because I have been burned by every drugstore eye cream I have ever tried. Literally.. Burned. I have sensitive eyes and all creams of the last stung my skin or I developed an allergic reaction to the product. I was desperate and stopped at the local drugstore. I saw this little gem and decided to take it home and try it since the ingredients sounded promising. I have been using this over a week; twice daily, and I have I Balt found an awesome eye cream that can fit my budget. It took my dry patches away within four days and I can tell the skin around my eyes love this stuff. No burning, no dry patches, just moisturized and smooth under eyes! I love this stuff and I am so glad I stumbled upon it.

Not good at all. I used this a number of years ago and I liked it then. However, I purchased it again recently expecting good things again, however I could not have been more wrong.

The consistency completely changed. It is literally like putting water under your eyes. The consistency is extremely thin and does absolutely nothing. Did not hydrate my eyes or improve my dark circles in the slightest.

Do not buy.

I'm kinda so-so about this product for a few reasons. #1: I don't really have much experience with eye creams, so I really have nothing to compare it to. #2: I'm 24, with a few smile lines around my eyes, but heck, even my 6 year old has those, so I guess I'm saying that as of RIGHT NOW, my need for this eye cream is minimal. And #3: The label says nothing about preventing eye wrinkles/lines, only reducing their appearance. I would like a proactive type cream, to beat fine lines to the finish line and take preventative measures before they happen. This isn't it.

About me: I'm 24, with oily/combo problem skin. Clear at the moment, but prone to cystic acne breakouts, and blackheads. Large pores on certain areas of my face. No wrinkles or fine lines that I can see on my face.

I have this cream in 2 forms: the pot/jar of the Royal Jelly version, and also a Sensitive Skin version w/ cotton extract that comes in a pen type applicator with a precision tip (much MUCH prefer this one just for the hygiene aspect.) this review is of course about the Royal Jelly version.

After using this cream nightly for about a week, I noticed that my eye area, which can get dry, was very soft and the skin in that general area very plump and full. Now, I use a moisturizer w/ benzoyl, so as to keep the cystic nasties away, but it tends to dry me out a tad on occasion. My opinion: I'd rather be dry skinned than have huge painful lumps under my skin so it's a good trade-off. But then sometimes the delicate tissue around my eyes gets dry, parched & almost irritated/red/raw/burn-y. Not good. So the royal jelly cream DID deliver on the moisturizing aspect. It did plump out my skin and made it appear smoother and felt softer. Other than making my eye area super soft, however, zilch. Don't expect miracles from this cream, else you'll be sorely disappointed. It's just alright. :))

I had high hopes for this tiny jar but evidently am disappointed. It keeps my under eyes moisturized but doesn't do anything else. It's pricey and would not buy again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Moisturizes (takes forever to absorb though, be prepared to wait a bit before continuing to put on your makeup), but does nothing for my dark circles. Doesn't do anything amazing enough for me to purchase again. At least it doesn't tug?

I'm on the fence ... I'm not sure. Im only in my mid 20s but have puffiness and dark circles. It's not helping those problems. But it is moisturizing, and doesn't tug like others have said. I love the smell and feel. No adverse affects on my sensitive acne prone skin (knock on wood). The packaging is small and not the most sanitary. For the price, I wouldnt buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't notice anything wonderful about this eye cream. I will say its very moisturizing. A little too much for me. When I applied it I made the mistake of applying too much and had to take it off. If you are looking for something to just moisturize your undereyes this could be for you. I don't recommend using it before makeup application.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Did not like this at all. Greasy, yet drying with an unappealing texture. Takes forever to absorb. I also really dislike the smell.

Pros:
- None

Cons:
-Overpriced
- Fragrance (no idea why they need to scent an eye cream really)
- dislike the jar packaging
- caused redness, irritation and itchy rash (possibly due to lanolin, or extracts)

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products