September 19, 2014 | 1577 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Burt's Bees - Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by PMAR

I had high hopes for this tiny jar but evidently am disappointed. It keeps my under eyes moisturized but doesn't do anything else. It's pricey and would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by l1nd53y

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Moisturizes (takes forever to absorb though, be prepared to wait a bit before continuing to put on your makeup), but does nothing for my dark circles. Doesn't do anything amazing enough for me to purchase again. At least it doesn't tug?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I'm on the fence ... I'm not sure. Im only in my mid 20s but have puffiness and dark circles. It's not helping those problems. But it is moisturizing, and doesn't tug like others have said. I love the smell and feel. No adverse affects on my sensitive acne prone skin (knock on wood). The packaging is small and not the most sanitary. For the price, I wouldnt buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't notice anything wonderful about this eye cream. I will say its very moisturizing. A little too much for me. When I applied it I made the mistake of applying too much and had to take it off. If you are looking for something to just moisturize your undereyes this could be for you. I don't recommend using it before makeup application.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Did not like this at all. Greasy, yet drying with an unappealing texture. Takes forever to absorb. I also really dislike the smell.

Pros:
- None

Cons:
-Overpriced
- Fragrance (no idea why they need to scent an eye cream really)
- dislike the jar packaging
- caused redness, irritation and itchy rash (possibly due to lanolin, or extracts)

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Normally I'm a pretty big fan of Burt's Bees products. I have been using a trial sized tube of this for several weeks in an attempt to use up some of the products I have sitting around in the drawer. It feels nice around my eyes when I apply it and it seems gentle enough. I'm not really in love with the scent, though...something a little medicinal about it. It doesn't really do anything for dark circles but it does seem like it takes a little of the puffiness away. I've gotten quite a bit of use out of the little trial size, but for the price of the full sized product, I'm not sure it's worth the money to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by MissmeganA

I've tried a bunch of eye creams. This one is okay for the price. I've been using it for about 3 months, and its only about a quarter gone. It's moisturizing enough, and has never made me break out even though I use it morning and evening. (I have combo/oily skin.)

Do I see a difference in my dark circles? Nope. But I didn't expect to, because my dark circles are hereditary and the only thing that takes care of those is a good concealer. (And even then they never disappear completely.)

I'm 24 but I have some teeny fine lines from sun exposure and from working at a computer all day. As far as I can tell there is no change in my fine lines, and they are extremely fine. If you have deep wrinkles skip this one!

Noticed no change in the puffiness of my eye area.

Just as a warning, it smells freakin weird you guys, I can't even describe it. The packaging is pretty lame, but functional.

Overall I say skip it, but if all you need is some moisture it's a decent cream for a good price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by slevine2

I generally like Burt's Bees products (favorites include their Repair Serum, and the Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser & Day Lotion) but this product stings (and thus causes redness) the sensitive skin around my eyes. So that's my caution for curious buyers: if you tend to have thin, sensitive (and dry) skin around your eyes, you may find this product exacerbates those issues. I am still looking for a solid eye treatment.

If you've got thicker, stronger skin, here's what to expect: the consistency is interesting-- like a cross between a cream and a gel. You can definitely feel the jelly part of the royal jelly. I wanted to like the cream just for that one trait. It doesn't completely absorb, and for that reason I don't recommend using it under makeup. At the very least, you'll have to wait 15-20 mins before applying makeup because otherwise the cream balls up. I quite like the smell of the product: it's sort of musty, but in a comforting way. Packaging is terrible: it's a pot. I can't believe companies still package in pots-- especially with products that are intended to be applied around the eyes!

I didn't really notice any happy plumping, line-decreasing effects to counterbalance the irritation, and I wouldn't expect the product to really do much of that. To me-- again, if it works with your skin-- this is best understood as a moisturizing cream. If you get extra benefits from that, fantastic, but some people won't get more than a basic moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Brittanypuran

I'm only 19, but I've always had fine lines under my eyes - right where I need to apply concealer - so I always had creasing issues. However, as soon as I started using this eye cream, the lines started to fill in almost immediately. My only complaint is that the packaging seems sort of unsanitary to me - I would prefer if it was in a squeeze tube with a precision tip as opposed to a jar.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by nicmac926

I started to break out with lots of whiteheads on eyelids and inner rim. Not the best for me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No