Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

My HG mascara! I have short and straight asian lashes but this mascara does a very good job, even on me! I use this in the waterproof version and it holds my curl very well. Most waterproof mascara's are not waterproof on me, but this one lasts all day without transferring on my eyelid or under my eye. Also, love the brush because it separates my lashes very well. The only con is the price (€34,95), I think that's a little bit expensive because it only contains 6 gram. However, I would definitely buy this again since it's one of the best mascara's that I've ever used.

Don't get me wrong, this is a really nice mascara. All purpose--length, definition, volume. You can apply endless coats if you want. However it is SO waxy. The waxiness gives it the softness and the buildability, but it also causes it to smear along the top and bottom lashlines for me. It never feels totally dry. I love that the brush is so neat and precise, and it does produce a beautiful look. But for about $30, I am not likely to repurchase it anytime soon since it is usually seriously pissing me off by the end of the day, and then it is hard to remove. Despite these shortcomings (and you should have high expectations for a product at this level, no?) it's still 3 lippies. If only it was a leeeeetle bit less soft and waxy, it would be darn near perfect.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like this mascara, but I wouldn't buy it again - only because I have used ones that are better and therefore more worth the money.

The mascara itself is great - coats each lash, makes them look nice and long, the formula never clumps and doesn't run. The packaging, being Chanel, is lovely, very classy. The price is a little high but again, that's only to be expected and it is a very good product so worth the money if you want to spend a little extra and treat yourself.

However, for me the mascara isn't special enough to buy again when it ran out - in fact, I tried Benefit's "They're Real", which is probably my fave and is around the same price. I would definitely recommend this to others though. Comes down to personal experience I guess!

This mascara is average not worth the price. The formula is slightly sticky and dries quick plus clumps slightly. I have long lashes that grow cris crossed and straight. This did not weigh the lashes down but only slight holds a curl. I usually still curly my lashes after applying mascara. This doesn't make lashes look longer or give more volume. Don't recommend this for those with short sparse lashes.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first Chanel mascara and I quite like it. I have short and straight asian lashes, and that's why i like the thin rubbery short bristles that makes the application easier and less messy for me. the formula itself is quite light and not too thick, it doesn't weigh your lashes down. i notice it lengthens and separates my lashes really well. it doesn't flake by the end of the day, and even though it's not the waterproof version, it doesn't smudge when it's raining and it doesn't irritate my eyes. it thickens my lashes a bit even after second application and doesn't really hold the curl. it's a nice mascara that gives me a natural look. but in my opinion, I'd prefer mascara that gives me a dramatic look, something that gives more "oomph" for the thickness. especially with that hefty price tag. It's a nice mascara, but it's not my HG.

maybe the best mascara i have ever used!i dont know why i find it more effective than volume de chanel which jas received better reviews!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My #1 mascara.
I finish two of these every year because of how often I use it.
Separates your lashes like a comb.

Although it does not give you thick, dramatic, highly-volumized lashes as some people like to wear it, I find this an advantage. It gives you long, natural-looking, CLEAN lashes instead of a trashy, unnatural, clumpy mess.

Definitely worth the price, I promise.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The best mascara. Period! I've tried other mascara's I've even liked other mascara's!! Nothing beats this one. Just enough volume! Just enough length! Just enough everything! Perfection! Can't be duplicated

Ross up between this and DiorShow. This is more seperating Nd lengthening, but because of the intensity of the pigment it dries a little "harder" on the lashes, which is good for curl because it holds more. Definitely one of 5 makeup items I can't live without.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

In one word, pretty. I find that this mascara gives me the glossy, wide-eyed look that most mascaras fail to deliver. If you are seeking volume, then this mascara is not for you. It's best when the tube is fresh, and it dries out in what my mind is too soon, as early as after just three months. The wand is a little spiny for my taste, but it is the same wand that finds the tiniest, finest lashes and coaxes them into being. It used to be my HG product, but since I discovered Trish McEvoy's High Volume mascara, it's fallen into second place. Nonetheless, it's one to try if you are looking for a more natural look.

Popular Mascaras