July 30, 2014 | 1952 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Tamango

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by LBirk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahh, Tamango. It took mere seconds for me to fall hopelessly in love with this beautiful deep red color and its amazing formula. Tamango is the perfect intersection between a classic Hollywood blue-red and an edgy brick red. It is sheer with a very faint sheen (no overpowering thickness or sparkle here!), and can be built up from a soft, just-bitten stain to full coverage. It is long wearing, but never looks dry, and you can be confident it won't creep even if you skip the liner. The undertones also have a magical effect on the whiteness of my teeth.

Tamango is the color I reach for time and time again. It's equally appropriate at work and for evening, and it makes a very polished weekend look with just a touch a powder and mascara. Simply elegant.

NARS hit a home run with this winner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Warm,deep terracotts-but kind of sheer and less opaque than many NARS lipsticks. Satiny. This has a warm,tropical feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This is my first Nars l/s, acquired in a swap from a lovely MUA'er. First off, I love the formula. It's extremely emollient, and application is a dream. I love the squared-off packaging and the characteristic rubberized Nars packaging too. Now for the shade. Tamango looks MUCH darker in the tube and looks like it would be a dark burgundy, but on my lips it applies like a sheer, "chestnut red" as another reviewer stated (for reference, I'm NC30, yellow undertones, Eurasian, dark brown eyes). I don't get much burgundy, more of a brick but not too brown. It's definitely more like a stain, but I love it...I am starting to prefer a stain under my l/g's and this is perfect. The color wears off in a very natural way...strangely enough, when it does wear down, I see less red and much more caramel-mango, but again, it's not too brown (brown l/s washes me out and makes me look dead)...it's like MLBB. So glad I have this in my collection...I'd most likely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

Gorgeous non-gothy maroon red - a tiny bit sheer to prevent an Elvira or Robert Palmer video look, even on my pasty complexion. It comes off more brick-y than cabernet on me. A rare darker red that brings out the blue in my eyes without the blue in the dark circles under them. Not overpowering, plays well with other colors on your face.

I also love MAC's Rage, but it is too dark, opaque and pigmented for daytime. Tamango is more of a wash. Unfortunately the name always reminds me of the tamago egg sushi rolls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 10:48:00 AM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have to say I'm not an usual red lipstick user, in fact I have only a couple of them (3rd with this one after Chanel Barcelona Red and Nars Transiberian) because it's so hard to get one that i really like but when i do, it's unconditional love!
This is not a true red in my opinion: it does have some brown in it which makes it so special and wearable for any occasion (again specially if you're not a red lipstick usual user); the texture is awesome in the true sense of word, it does not have shimmer particles that i can see but it is very moisturizing

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2007 8:17:00 PM More reviews by sierra1980

This is a must have red lipstick, its versatile working 9-5 and into the evening. Perfect for PPP, for reference I am a NC20. This is a beautiful chestnut red, it is a matte but feels comfortable on and does make a great stain. The lipstick performs well and gives you a polished look. My only complaint is its cheap waxy smell- but all things considered its easy to overlook. Love Love Love! This will be a staple in my handbag!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mtuckfield

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best red lipstick Iíve come across in my constant search for a red lipstick that works with my fair/cool complexion, red/blonde hair and hazel eyes. Everything Iíve tried was too pink or too brown. Tamango is a beautiful burgundy red color and it has a great texture. It can be applied sheerly or layered for a more dramatic look. It is not at all drying like other NARS matte l/s, i.e., Pigalle, and lasts pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2006 2:05:00 PM More reviews by cmills

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful color. Texture is also very smooth. You can wear it sheer for day and "full strength" for night. Fabulous for fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by rebecca_79

i bought almost the whole nars fall '06 collection (minus the gloss and the marina lip pencil) and i am really in love with it all. this lipstick is described as "glistening cabernet", i couldn't agree with that more. i am more of a subdued lip color kind of girl, so i've been sheering this out to a stain. this way it looks just like how your lips look after you've had a glass of wine and they become stained, hence the cabernet. i've actually been searching for a lip color like this for a while and i am so glad i happened upon it. full strength is nice too, very fall, but i would definitely do a very minimal eye with that. i'm so happy i have finally broken into the lipstick realm...before this i owned all glosses and a few gwp clinique lipsticks that i never wear and end up giving away. nars lipsticks are pricey, but very good quality and packaging, and lasts a while so you don't need much. love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 2:04:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful matte chestnut red. There is no shimmer to it, but is indeed satin matte finish. This is dramatic when applied full strength and is quite beautiful sheered out to a stain. It seems to be neutral, neither on the cool or warm side. This is my favorite of the NARS deeper reds. I'm C30, ash blonde. A staple and a re-purchase for sure!