September 2, 2014 | 1954 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Moon Drops - Hot Coral 712

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by phillysfinest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This highly pigmented lipstick has the truest hue of coral that I've yet to come upon. However, this lipstick which has been touted as being rich in moisturizing properties is the driest lipstick I've ever used. The lipstick bled into the cracks and lines of my lips even after using the Moondrops lip conditioner and a light coat of concealer first. If this lipstick was reformulated into a high pigment lipgloss or if loads of moisturerizers were added, I would
buy it in a second!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This is a great orange red lipstick. The scent isn't my favorite and I would rather do without it. It's really pigmented. Goes on smoothly, doesn't bleed, has a nice satin finish. Brightens up your face. A great summer time color, warm, orange-y red. The Moon Drop line is one of the best which is why I bought most of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lovely520

Hot Coral is a beautiful, vibrant reddish-coral lipstick from Revlon. Like many other lipsticks in the line, it goes on smooth, creamy, and opaque. I would highly recommend this lipstick if you're looking for a drugstore alternative to the bright orange lipsticks that are in trend this season. Wear time for this lipstick is average (it wears off if you eat or drink something) and there is a slight scent to it, but I don't find it bothersome. The name for this lipstick is very fitting: wear it when you want a fiery coral on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this lipstick color in particular and with the Moon Drops line itself! It is a line from the Revlon collection that I usually pass by but I have been on a retro makeup kick and read that Moon Drops are actually from the 50s and 60s era and that most of the colors are original from that time.

What I like about the product is the vibrancy! The color is so bright and so outstanding, but not in an obnoxious way. It is perfect! I also enjoy the creamy formula and the way it glides onto the lips. It also has amazing staying power! Wow! Was not expecting that but it really stays on and the vibrancy of the color stays true. I usually wipe off my lipstick for eating but this one would probably stay on if you were careful. I am not one who minds re-applying, though.

If I hadn't read other reviews about the smell, I don't think I would have noticed. It does have a smell to me but it is not too strong or unpleasant. It is floral but does not linger and to me, is pretty faint.

The packaging is fine. It is a typical revlon lipstick but in a green tube. What I love about it is that the top is clear so you can actually see the lip stick itself. This has actually been an incentive for me to purchase because I hate not seeing the color, as the sticker is usually not true to color.

Overall, I would highly recommend this lipstick color but also the whole line. If you prefer muted colors or don't want your lips to stand out, I would say this is not for you. If you enjoy a great lipstick that is pretty, and has fun colors I would say try it!

Oh, they come on a creme finish and a frost finish. I only have tried the creme ones. They are not glossy but not totally matte, either. I find it perfect. They also don't leave my lips dry or uncomfortable, which makes sense since Moon Drops are known for conditioning.

Hot Coral is a mix between a coral red and red. It is not too orange at all! It is super flattering. It is a retro color for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Kc3558

How beautiful, a classic pin up orange/red. Great texture very creamy but semi matte. On the expensive side for a drugstore brand but its worth it. Nice package, see-thru cap n goes all the way down.I luv it! I bought this based on all the positive reviews n am VERY happy with the purchase.

Update! Try apricot blaze, a lil less daring but still gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! For reference, I'm very fair, neutral, leaning towards cool. I love love love red lipsticks, and this is a gorgeous bright red-orange that's really flattering against my pale skin. It's a very 1950's shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is a really pretty and bright color in the bullet. Unfortunately, it just doesn't look that flattering on me. I can't wear it on its own. It looks okay with a tawny,nude gloss like Stila Kitten on top. For reference I'm half-asian NC20-25, dark brown eyes, black hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very fair, cool/pink skin and auburn hair. I was looking for a way to do the orange lipstick trend, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a color I'd only wear once in a while, for a trend that I probably couldn't pull off in the first place. I figured I had to look for a bright red-orange instead of orange, and headed to the drugstore.

This was a pleasant surprise! The red-orange was very vibrant, and I was able to pull it off! The color was strong and long-lasting without primer, and I kicked it up to super bright by using a lip primer.

The only tricky thing I noticed is that it actually looks better with my bare skin than when I wore it with a beiger-than-me powder (Too Faced Vanilla Creme). The full coat of lipstick with powder combo made me look a little flat/dead, which was surprising. L'Oreal True Match C1 is pinker, so I'll try that next time, or just skip the powder if that doesn't work out either.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by gragegrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great color, absolutely stellar orangy-red in a very saturated hue. Bright! Not for the feint of heart- you gotta work it to wear this color. Which explains why it is so heard to find a great avant garde lip shade in the drugstore. This was the ONLY shade that even came close in the drugstore to some of the colors I'd been looking at days earlier at MAC or Sephora. I originally bought it because I had a $5 coupon at CVS and was looking for a dupe for Sephora "It Girl" but it is not as red, it is more pink. It wears great, no feathering, lasts long, and I can't complain about the taste/smell. I can't give this a 5 stars though because it has some nasty ingredients in it- the EWG's Cosmetics Safety Database gives it their worst ranking, a 9! Eeeh gads. So, for an occasional use, I think it's fine but I'll probably have to find a less toxic every day brand which is tough on a budget and even tougher when it comes to bright colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a lovely colour that grabs attention. I normally avoid bold reds/oranges as they clash with my cool, fair skin. When applied light to medium on my lips, this colour looks gorgeous. I noticed a lot of people looking the first time I wore it- in a good way! I lined my lips with Max Factor 'Fire' lipliner and put a bit of clear gloss on my lips to complete the look. I teamed it with a smokey eye look which worked really well. Even as the lipstick wore off, it still looked lovely. Hot Coral has a 60's glamour quality to it (think Mad Men) that I really like. It's a POP colour but not in a gaudy, over-the-top way. Looks really good when worn with a black dress. Check it out. Will repurchase when the need arises.