April 19, 2014 | 1831 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Foundation Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush. I use it to conceal large areas on my face where I have a lot of post acne scarring and I need more coverage in these areas. Using a tiny concealer brush takes forever to get the job done, so I opt for these types of brushes that cover more ground. I've found that having a good "base" for minerals to cling to is the key to proper concealing with minimal powder product applied on top. No matter what brush you use, if you apply dry minerals to dry skin, you won't get the coverage you're hoping for and it'll be sheer at best. However, if you use a good moisturizer (either all over your face, or at least on the areas you want to conceal), the minerals will cling to the dewyness and stay put all day.

I use the Mychelle Cream Foundation stick and then apply my mineral powder foundation. First with this foundation brush to areas I need to conceal and then with the EDM flat top brush everywhere else to blend it all in.

As always, the bristles are soft and the shape of the brush is ideal for hitting all areas of the face (under the eyes, jawline, cheeks, around the nose, etc.)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sophie019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Used this one for a long time now. good quality, works good, but the hairs on the brush have started to split and it makes my liquid foundation go streaky. it works good for mineral foundation but not for liquid. I'll be buying a flat top foundation brush next time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Poop. I wil swap this baby because it is useless to me. It is so darn floppy. What a waste. Perhaps someone else will find a good home for it. I really just don't know about EDM brushes. It is hit or miss with them. They sure are pretty to look at and very soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This is brush is very soft, which I like alot when it comes to face brushes. It doesn't shed or have an type of smell to it. And, I find that it does a decent job of applying powder foundation to the face, whenever I choose to give my flat top and kabuki brushes a rest from applying mineral foundation with.

I have also used it for applying highlighter to cheeks, forehead, and chin and it has worked out fine that way too.

This is not a brush that I pick up all the time for use. So, this is why, I rated it a 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by princessshar

This brush works best with MINERAL MAKEUP, so if you are looking for a liquid foundation brush I do not recommend this brush for you. The brush like the other EDM brushes is very soft, and feel great on the skin. I use this for applying concealer under the eyes, for applying makeup to small parts of my face when I don't want a full face of makeup. I really do like this brush but I feel that its not a absolute must have.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by huongttlan

Maybe this one doesn't do a job for me. It's too soft and the hair is not dense enough to do its job for me...

Just my opinion. I do regret buying this one

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by amara8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush after being impressed with all the other everyday minerals brushes but I'm not impressed.
I bought it to use with liquid foundation and I found it did not blend very well and it does streak sometimes.
My 3 dollar E.L.F. brush actually does a WAY better job than this one (and that was used while I waited for this one to arrive).
Maybe this brush is just not meant for liquid foundation...
I don't know but I'm disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by talibear

Um, am I the only one who thinks this is way too long to be a good foundation brush? (see 2nd picture in this review, that's more accurate than 1st IMO)
The bristles work fine with some work, but the coverage I get from it, as well as the blendability do nothing for me really. Also, I received this in a swap and the handle is a little loose from the base, so I'm nervous it'll separate in not too long.
Great price, and the bristles ARE very soft, but overall I'm not very impressed with this brush, which is strange because EDM brushes are in my top faves.
Makes me sad I swapped away my 190se--that was the 1st foundation brush of this type that I tried, and while I wasn't even THAT blown away by it, I can tell I liked it more than this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

I don't really use liquid foundation, so I actually use this brush to apply/blend my MAC Mineral Blushes or Skin Finish. The bristles are long and soft, so it's easy to apply the colour sheer and then build it up. I've also noticed that this brush deposits less of the shimmer on my skin than others, which is great, so I can easily avoid looking like an oily mess. I've had this for almost two weeks (I wash it often so the blush/MSF colours don't get all mixed) and it hasn't shed at all since and it dries very quickly. For it's price, it does a great job, I'll definitely buy another if this one ever breaks or gets lost.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by MissValery

I actually ordered this by accident, I wanted the flat top brush and choose the wrong one...but after reading one reviewer here describing how well this works, I started using this to "paint" on my minerals foundation in very thin layers (working in downward strokes). This really gives great, flawless yet very natural looking results, no cakiness at all. You can always layer it heavier in areas where you need more coverage, so you donīt really need concealer anymore. It does take a little more time than doing your makeup with a kabuki, but IMO ist so worth it. Plus, this brush has never shed a hair since I got it one year ago, feels super soft and is cruelty free, as its synthetic. Highly recommended.