October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Blush - Tarte - Cheek Stain in True Love

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

This stain blows my mind away with how amazing it is, yes there are some cons to it, but they are so small and insignificant. This cheek stain looks so natural, and lasts over 10 hours! The amount seems like a lot and will last a while. I usually just do a swipe on each cheek and blend the edges away, and if I'm going for an extra pop of blush, I pat a bit more into my apples after the initial swipe, it took me a few tries to get its application right, just swipe this on and blend it a little, donot over blend. The pink color that goes on your cheek somehow sets into a sheerer pink and stays that way. True love is a watermelony pink, and it is one of the few of the stains that complements warmer skin well. Blushing bride, exposed etc are too pink IMO and on my NC40 skin, THIS LOOKS GOOD. it looks like a deep pink, almost touching red in certain lights so it gives a super flushed look but nothing that looks like makeup. I guarantee you this will look great if you are NC35-45! I was originally going to get 'blissful' but changed my mind when I saw how complementing this looked. Another fact, I feel like the longer its on, the better it looks? 1hour from application its a nice pink, 5 hours later a redder watermelon pink, maybe it's the lighting? It stays though. Now for the bad part, this will feel a little sticky on the cheek. You will get used to it, I promise. I hated it, but its a tad bit tacky and a good way to counteract that (if it bothers you too too much) is to dust translucent power over it. It looks dewy/satiny on the cheek, so not stark matte but not ├╝ber shiny. Love it and was totally worth every penny I spend (and I spent Canadian dollars). Go out and buy these stains, they are so worth it. Easy for beginners too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful! On me it's more red than pink, and that's just what I wanted. This is a great, natural-looking summer color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ltbookt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Tarte products. I've been using the Tarte amazonian clay blushes for a few years. My favorite color in the powder blushes is Blissful. I recently purchased two Tarte cheek stains in True Love and Exposed. I love both of them. They are different - the True Love is more gel-like, the Exposed is creamier. Both apply easily, are slightly tacky for a few minutes until the tackiness fades. They stay on all day.
The True Love is a lovely natural raspberry flush, but without bluish tones. Exposed is a surprisingly neutral and low key pink, quite lovely. From online photos, I had the impression that Exposed would be brownish, but it is not. On my arm, the colors look quite different from each other. However, both work on my face which is very fair with yellowish undertones. I'm not sure if I have a preference, I like both of them. They both look as if I have a natural flush to my cheeks. I have applied them both by dabbing them directly on my face and then blending with my fingers and also by using a brush. Works both ways.
I know some people have complained that Tarte reduced the size of these while keeping the price the same. I have never yet used up any blush, so I have no complaint about the size. Of course, I would prefer a lower price, but I did get these on sale (beauty.com), so I'm satisfied. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I suppose it's OK. I wouldn't say it's amazing as it didn't really wow me. The colour is very pretty, and very natural but I find it to be sticky and a pain to apply. When I apply it over my foundation the stick gets all dirty and I always have to clean it. I know it sounds dumb but it just really bothers me lol. I'll just stick to a blush, clinique to be exact!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by thequeencourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really hated this product. At $36 Canadian it was not worth the money. It was sticky and barely showed up on my cheeks (and my skin is extremely fair). It also had zero lasting power, I would put it on before school and by the time my lunch break rolled around there was no sign of it. I definitely do not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by mchia

I really like Tarte cheek Stains and have been using them for several years. True Love is a beautiful raspberry red, shows up nicely on my light-medium complexion, giving a natural flush (color buildable) and lasts all day on me. I use it on bare skin (no foundation) after moisturizer and it is easy to apply, blends well. Recently I repurchased it and found that the product is now half the size it used to be (0.5oz, not 1oz) at the same price! It's totally not worth the price anymore based on the amount of product you get! Sad that it's such a good product, but so poorly priced, will very likely not purchase again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

Well, this does not show on my skin at all. really sheer and a little bit sticky. don't know what's the point to put it on, useless for me

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by pandagrl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first gel blush, and I found that it doesn't last as long or go on as well as my other cream blushes. It doesn't go on well over powder for me, and it can get blotchy if I put powder over it, so I mostly used this for no-makeup days where I put it over tinted moisturizer. It is a beautiful color and it smells fruity and delicious, but it didn't last that long on my skin. I tried it on my lips and while it looks nice, it tastes awful. You do get a ton of product though! I can't imagine ever finishing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by rap2i

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was expecting this color to be a bit more peachy, but it is a beautiful raspberry pink--not too blue, not too orange. Although the color wasn't what I was expecting, it gives me a nice rosy color, which looks natural on my fair skin. It does feel a little sticky but only for about 30 seconds. I bought the travel size to try it out, but I plan to buy the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by PuppyLuv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tried this today, so I don't know if it will break me out. As to it being sticky, I'm not experiencing that, except for the first 2 minutes after it's applied. After that, I have a smooth, natural color that is not at all sticky.

One thing I would suggest is that you take a light hand in your first application before building. Coming from my powder blush background, which is basically what-you see-is what-you-get, let this set for a couple of minutes before you build.

Otherwise, I am very pleased with this blush and how it looks on my skin. It gives me just the rosy glow I was going for. I would buy it again.