Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer

4.3

Water, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Silk, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis)Extract, Glycine Alanine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Cetrimonium Chloride,PVP, Citric Acid, Fragrance, FD&C Red #40, D&C Green #5, FD&C Yellow#6.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Firstly, I am not African American but I use this because I've heard it does wonders for damaged hair. My hair is long, thick, highlighted blonde and super "stretchy when wet" my hair is super damaged from my last salon visit, and I've been searching for a leave in spray for towel dried hair. I pretty much have to blow dry my hair if I'm in a rush for work, and this stuff makes my hair super shiny, soft, and easy to brush and style.

I recommend everyone to grab a bottle of your hair is super damaged. Especially if you color your hair and need that protein, this is cheap, doesn't smell the best, but it's wonderful!

on 1/23/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is what has my hair growing. I love this!! It never fails to rescue my hair after I've neglected it. Based on the fact that I have relaxed hair, it is important that I supply my hair with protein to maintain its strength. It has a nice, clean, crisp herbal scent. Must have.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product weighs my hair down and leaves it feeling sticky and tangled, no matter how little of it I use. I find it works better if I spray a little after using the hask placenta leave in then blow dry. If I don't blow dry after using this, the end result is a lot worse.

on 6/30/2014 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have relaxed Afro hair - Been using this for years. I always notice the difference in my hair when I don't use it. Makes my hair more "light and gives movement" good price too. I use it everytime I blowdry along with my oil.

If you are wondering whether this suits fine, limp hair ... yes, it does! Mine is oily, slightly thinning with some damage caused by home colourants and I'm trying to get it into much better condition. I've had great success using the Aphogee 2-minute treatment and this leave-in restructuring spray, but I am using it fairly sparingly, concentrating on the ends and mid-lengths and then only once or twice a week as I do not want to risk over-conditioning, the oilies or od'ing on protein. Used in conjunction with the hairdryer and a paddle brush, this gives me sleek hair with absolutely no frizzies, great shine and bounce. I wash my hair almost every day so this is no mean feat! On days I don't use this, I use Osmo keratin conditioning spray - another very reasonably priced product - with great results. UPDATE: I've upped my usage to 3 or 4 times a week, after washing and towel drying and my hair seems to thrive on it - no residue, smells fresh and I still love it.

on 4/26/2013 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A really great light protein treatment that also adds moisture and shine. I use this daily after applying my Dermorganic Argan Oil and this seals the cuticle very nicely. Adds great body and shine too. A definite buy and at such a great price!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this after I swimming three times a week for about an hour. My hair is colored and highlighted, so I use this to strengthen my strands and keep them on my head as opposed to on the floor.

I wet my hair with plain water before hitting the pool to lessen the potential damage of the chlorine. I put my hair in a bun and make sure to tuck my ends under. I wear two caps (one lycra, one silicone) to keep my goggles on and for a bit of added protection.

My hair haaaaaates protein under normal circumstances, so I normally stay far, far away from it, but this isn't too heavy. CHI Keratin Mist is supposed to be similar from what I hear/understand.

After getting out of the pool, I wash my hair with a neutralizing shampoo and follow up with a moisturizing shampoo (Herbal Essences) before applying conditioner (Pantene). I pull the conditioner through with a shower comb to spread the product and detangle, and do my normal shower routine before rinsing. I wrap my hair in a Turbie for a few minutes before sectioning my hair off into four quadrants. I pin three sections back and work on one section at a time. I apply a thick moisturizer (Elasta QP Olive OIl and Mango Butter), spray three pumps of this onto the section-one at my roots, one misdhaft, and one on the ends. I comb through and seal with a bit of oil before styling.

Moisturizing your hair when using any protein is key to prevent the protein from drying your hair out and making it brittle and causing it to break off.

You can use this with heat; however, I don't have a dryer at the gym and I'm trying to go without heat styling for the year, so I'll put a shower cap on and wrap my hair with a scarf to let my body heat do the work. I'm going to try it with my steamer to see if that gives me different results.

on 10/27/2012 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this stuff. It has a low PH so closes the cuticle of your hair, which means my hair is much shiner when i use this. As low PH products close the cuticle they help the hair in retain moisture which is great form my 4b relaxed locks. The keratin content is just enough to make my hair feel strong and elastic and not hard and brittle as some products make my hair feel. The price is extremely reasonable and the quality definitely out weighs the price so i will continue to repurchase.

on 10/17/2012 10:29:00 PM

Reading annemarieke's review reminded me that I too have a bottle half full. I thought for sure I would love this product based on reviews of people with similar hair (fine, thin) who loved it. It doesn't seem to do much for me - I am so underwhelmed. I will slowly use up the bottle because I don't waste anything but certainly won't re-purchase.

I also agree with the "amazing results" of the Aphogee 2-step. It worked wonders for my hair.

on 10/17/2012 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I decided to try this after I had amazing results with the Aphogee 2 step treatment. Unfortunately this restructurizer didn't do much for my hair. I tried to give it a chance and have used half a bottle so far but I will throw away the rest. I will not buy again.