April 19, 2014 | 1078 users online

Treatments - Aphogee - Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

If you are wondering whether this suits fine, limp hair ... yes, it does! Mine is oily, slightly thinning with some damage caused by home colourants and I'm trying to get it into much better condition. In addition to my new sulphate-free regime, I'm using some Aphogee products. I've had great success with the two minute conditioner used once a week and this leave-in restructuring spray, but I am using it sparingly and only once or twice a week as I do not want to risk over-conditioning, the oilies or od'ing on protein. Used in conjunction with the hairdryer, this gives me sleek hair with great shine and bounce. I wash my hair every day so this is no mean feat! On days I don't use this, I use Osmo keratin conditioning spray - another very reasonably priced product - with great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A really great light protein treatment that also adds moisture and shine. I use this daily after applying my Dermorganic Argan Oil and this seals the cuticle very nicely. Adds great body and shine too. A definite buy and at such a great price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this after I swimming three times a week for about an hour. My hair is colored and highlighted, so I use this to strengthen my strands and keep them on my head as opposed to on the floor.

I wet my hair with plain water before hitting the pool to lessen the potential damage of the chlorine. I put my hair in a bun and make sure to tuck my ends under. I wear two caps (one lycra, one silicone) to keep my goggles on and for a bit of added protection.

My hair haaaaaates protein under normal circumstances, so I normally stay far, far away from it, but this isn't too heavy. CHI Keratin Mist is supposed to be similar from what I hear/understand.

After getting out of the pool, I wash my hair with a neutralizing shampoo and follow up with a moisturizing shampoo (Herbal Essences) before applying conditioner (Pantene). I pull the conditioner through with a shower comb to spread the product and detangle, and do my normal shower routine before rinsing. I wrap my hair in a Turbie for a few minutes before sectioning my hair off into four quadrants. I pin three sections back and work on one section at a time. I apply a thick moisturizer (Elasta QP Olive OIl and Mango Butter), spray three pumps of this onto the section-one at my roots, one misdhaft, and one on the ends. I comb through and seal with a bit of oil before styling.

Moisturizing your hair when using any protein is key to prevent the protein from drying your hair out and making it brittle and causing it to break off.

You can use this with heat; however, I don't have a dryer at the gym and I'm trying to go without heat styling for the year, so I'll put a shower cap on and wrap my hair with a scarf to let my body heat do the work. I'm going to try it with my steamer to see if that gives me different results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by MsTripleChoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It has a low PH so closes the cuticle of your hair, which means my hair is much shiner when i use this. As low PH products close the cuticle they help the hair in retain moisture which is great form my 4b relaxed locks. The keratin content is just enough to make my hair feel strong and elastic and not hard and brittle as some products make my hair feel. The price is extremely reasonable and the quality definitely out weighs the price so i will continue to repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by EM65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Reading annemarieke's review reminded me that I too have a bottle half full. I thought for sure I would love this product based on reviews of people with similar hair (fine, thin) who loved it. It doesn't seem to do much for me - I am so underwhelmed. I will slowly use up the bottle because I don't waste anything but certainly won't re-purchase.

I also agree with the "amazing results" of the Aphogee 2-step. It worked wonders for my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by annemarieke

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to try this after I had amazing results with the Aphogee 2 step treatment. Unfortunately this restructurizer didn't do much for my hair. I tried to give it a chance and have used half a bottle so far but I will throw away the rest. I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by sugarcoookies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have relaxed afro-carribean hair and find this product drying - just
use it in your roots...I hated this product at first when I sprayed it all over
my damp hair. My hair didnt feel silky or nice at all. But, now im 3 months
post and its really helping with my roots ! My hair isnt shedding as much now !
The demarcation line is much stronger because of this product and so its
not breaking all the time when stretching.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is thick, though fine, and bleached blonde. I bought this when I first started bleaching my hair to repair some of the damage. It's great for detangling or using as a leave in BUT (and this is a big but) its VERY heavy on protein. That can be a good thing for people with extensive damage but once your damage is repaired be sure to use a moisturizing leave in instead. I made the mistake of overusing this and my hair started breaking off. Be very careful with this! My only wish is that it was a combo of moisture/protein rather than just protein.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! I've been using it every few days for the last 3 weeks and as a result my hair is strengthened and moisture is restored. I highly recommend using it sparingly and cutting down on heat if you want to overturn your dry damaged hair. It will take time but this product should aid your hair back to life.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Riosand

If you have breakage use this ! Stops breakage in one or two uses. I have used this product on and off for over 10years. Just do not use this product too often it can dry out your hair. I use this every other wk. My hair has been long weather it was chemically treated or not and I feel it may be partially due to this spray.