October 23, 2014 | 938 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder has a lovely finish that lasted all day on me with minimal oil breakthtough. It creates satiny, glowy skin but unfortunately it broke me out almost immediately. A good stand-in that I've found is the Sephora brand MicroSmooth powder. Similar in application, wear, and appearance on skin with a little less oil control (and a little cheaper). And no zits.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by kyliekmakeup

I have always had acne as I am a teen going through highschool but just recently my skin began to clear up almost completely. I had gotten this powder but had stopped using it ( don't remember why ). I was going out to get groceries and was too lazy to put full makeup so I ran out of the house with this on top of my regular moisturizer. When I got home after 20 minutes my skin was an oily mess. There were red dry patches all over my face, bumps everywhere. I immediately washed my face and put a cream on and nothing happened. This happened three months ago and I am still working to clear the bumps which have only gotten larger through time. Do not waste your time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by saranzm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this product is amazing . i usually dont use powders bcs no matter how fine it is it will always look cakey on me and make my fine lines look pretty deep . bcs im a makeup juncky and i love to look for new products i have many different low end to high end products and the only powder that i could set some of my sticky foundation with was laura mercier secret brightening powder which is usually used under the eyes . and i have to say i wasnt amased with that one either . last week i was comming across mac and i went to look for mineralize bronzers and i tried this just for fun and maaan i was amazed thay it was first ever powder product that looked very smooth and nice on my . without any further thinking i picked it up. i apply this on top of my tinted moisturise or bb cream which have a very light coverage and my favourite one is by garnier . its so cheap and still awesome . i use sponge or powder puff to apply mac mineralize on the bb cream and it sets it nicely and gives me very nice and smooth coverage . today i felt like my skin looked like a baby and most amazingly it holds my makeup tbroughout the day pretty intact . i love it and def will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i really like this powder. it sets foundation nicely and also can work alone over my CC in neutralize as a light foundation look in itself. it's not an overly matte, too powdery looking powder; it's natural, like it says. medium fits my nc/nw20-ish skin. also good if you go overboard on any blush/contour/hilight.. brush some of this on top and the look is softened. my other fave powder is laura mercier setting powder (loose).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by patience09

This is my favourite powered at the moment. I don't use it on its own, but I do use it over my liquid foundation. It has a very build able coverage and makes my skin look flawless and not to powdery. It also makes by make up last all day. It doesn't cause my skin to break out either. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by tochanelforu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is amazing to use as a bronzer, in dark though. It's so silky and blendable and looks like a natural contour, definitely worth the money id say. Cute little packaging! My only pet hate is the top part of it broke off after 3 weeks of having it. Overall a great bronzer though go try it girls especially if your NC25/30 skin tone๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ƒ

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Vanessa20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this powder. It is quite shear and can be a bit buildable though not so much. Overall its a very good product. I am in a shade dark deep, and i use MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NW45.

www.vanessazchronicles.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

Hands down the best powder ever! I never wanted to hop on this but throughout highschool I needed something to help with my oily skin and I'm so happy I bought this. I stopped using this as it is pricy and I wanted to see if I could find a cheaper version of this (I like the physcians formula one) but for some reason I always come back to this. When I don't really feel like wearing make up I just use concealer, mascara and this and I'm good to go. In the summer time I use this with my bb cream just to give a bit more coverage and to help with my oily skin and it's amazing! Worth every penny. If you want a cheaper version I suggest PF Mineral wear (does same thing just the colours don't really match!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lillyluck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product because it has a very build able coverage! It blends well and matches my skin tone really well. I originally bought it to wear as a setting powder over my mac face and body foundation, but i later started using the skinfinsh on its own. I use this as my daily foundation now and highly recommend it. It's on the pricer side but its a great product! It isn't "cakey" as long as you blend it in well, my only complaint is that the packaging isn't perfect. The covering clear plastic part of mine came loose and it happened to my friend with the sane foundation. This product didn't make my skin redden (which most products do) and it looks super natural. I didn't like powder foundations until i came across this one! Overall amazing product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by alexandrag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this. I really did. This review won't apply for the vast, vast majority (like.. 99.5%) of people, but if you have sensitive skin like me, maybe it'll help. As a preface, I have very sensitive skin and can use almost nothing on it: no sunscreen, no liquid foundation, no glitter (I shuddered at just writing that), no oils - nothing. For makeup, all I've been able to use the last few years was Mac's mineralize. It was the only pressed powder that didn't break me out in acne, hives, chemical burns, and weird raised bumps that are extremely painful.

I think they've changed their formula, though. I ran out of my old powder and went to the store to get a new one, and now (a week later) my face is bright red, with little bumps everywhere, and it covered in weird dry/oily patches. The only thing I've changed is the makeup - so I have to assume it's that. Given this, I definitely will not be buying this makeup again (I'm going to go return it, actually) and will have to start the process of finding a suitable makeup all over again..yay.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No