April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey Shea Butter Body Butter

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The one I purchased did not have "Thoroughly Therapeutic" printed on the label either but I believe its the same product. I found the scent of this body butter to be overly sweet scent. However, it does not linger for long. It comes in a tub , like most body butters. I was daunted by the fact that you really have to spread this cream on your body for it to absorb. It took too long for me so I ended up just using it on my feet with socks overnight. I did not find it to be that moisturizing despite its thickness. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by bebexlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG.. I received a sample of this and the moment I opened it up.. BARF! This stuff smells disgusting! Straight to the trash it went.. didn't even want to try it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mine is the same but it doesn't say Thoroughly Therapeutic on the label. I had just finished up a Body Shop body butter and had heard that the Tree Hut brand makes a good one that is a lot cheaper. I didn't feel like going to Ulta so I just grabbed this one at Target. Yes, it does moisturize...though it's not as thick as the Body Shop one so it feels more like a lotion and you have to use more but the reason I will never buy this again is the smell. Honestly the most disgusting thing I've ever smelled. I put it up to my husbands nose just to see his reaction....he almost vomited. It's THAT bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by nell01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Minus 1 star for the scent. I use this product on my elbows, knees, soles of my feet etc. Not too creamy and blends into skin without feeling greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Stinky and sticky.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a Burt's Bees fanatic, but I did not like this product. The smell was a little too strong, even though I like honey. I thought it applied well, but the moisturizing factor was not good. I applied it in the morning and by 5 pm my legs were dry and flaky. Not what I expected from a "body butter". Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by xkatherinemintie

BB's Honey Shea Body Butter gets a mixed review from me. The scent is horrendous! It has an overpoweringly stinky-sweet, almost musty scent. And it's something I smell ALL day long. Ick. This does not smell faintly of honey or shea - it is a very intense smell.

**I should mention I used this on my baby belly trying to prevent stretch marks later in my pregnancy - so I was using a LOT of this product and maybe that's why it stank to high heaven.

Besides the smell, the product wasn't so bad. It is thick and creamy, and applies smoothly. It's definitely heavier than normal lotion, in a greasy but not waxy way, but it's body butter so that is to be expected.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is so disgusting....there aren't words to describe it. The smell is so pukingly sweet it makes my stomach ache. I literally had a pounding headache after 15 minutes of having this on my hands. It doesn't soak in at all and feels sticky like syrup. I'm going to try taking it back to Walgreens because it was $13! HUGE FAIL :-( UPDATE: Ok, it's not like me to do this but seriously.........I had to come back and edit this review. I've had this crap on my hands for about an hour now and I finally had to go scrub my hands with soap 3x to get it off. The smell is like honey on steroids. Plain honey smells fine. This is unbelievably nasty. I have never smelled anything so hideous and suffocating in a lotion before. I had to take ibuprofen to knock down the headache this left me. I normally like some of the Burt's Bees stuff just fine but this is just beyond words.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by anguyent

I use quite a few of burts bees products that I like a lot...like the honey and milk lotion and the shimmery one (forgot what it was called). My husband actually bought this for me when it was on sale somewhere and I was excited to use it. Unfortunately...I was very dissapointed. The texture is not like the other smooth like other body butters I love (the body shop). Instead, it kind of reminds me of solidified fat that's kind of chunky. When it goes on, it feels like it does not even absorb but seems kind of waxy..similar to some of the other products. However, for a body butter I would think it'd be more moisturizing. The smell is kind of awful to me as well. I wish it would've worked but definetely would not buy again. My husband won't even let me put it on him and tells me to get the coconut body butter from body shop instead!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by BeckyJSacto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does not go on very smoothly; instead, it kind of streaks on in some places, yet clumps up in others. It doesn't absorb well, nor does it really seem to moisturize. The smell is overly sweet and cloying. I'm switching back to The Body Shop's shea butter body butter and Yes to Carrots body butter!