November 28, 2014 | 1933 users online

Treatments (Face) - D'arcy - Drying Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ehazelwood

Wow. This really does what it claims. I have pretty extreme combo skin (some VERY dry parts that peel/flake, and some very oily parts). Most acne treatments kill my skin because they dry out the dry parts too much. I'm also allergic to benzoyl peroxide, so that's not an option for me.

This product is nice because I can put a tiny dab directly on the zip, and it's almost literally gone immediately! No joke. It is VERY drying though. The instructions say to only use it once a day, and I definitely wouldn't use it more than that. I dabbed a tiny amount on a huge very painful cystic pimple at night, and it was a tenth of it's original size in the morning - seriously it was barely noticible! I don't know how I could possibly use this entire jar because it is a lot of product, but I'll definitely buy again if I run out! No question about it, this is an HG product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Heather1976

I have tried all kinds of acne treatments, and this does the best job at getting rid of pimples quickly. I use it only as a spot treatment and it deflates the blemishes.
EDIT: I think this might be drying my skin out too much. I would just use this on big, problematic pimples... not small ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 1:04:00 AM More reviews by stinkbug

I have tried many acne spot treatments and most of them just dried out and irritated my skin. D'arcy drying lotion really does work for me without dryness or irritation. It even dries up the huge pimples that never seem to erupt and are very painful. It is not an overnight miracle product, but it does work in 2-3 days for me. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Paige123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product. Gets rid of pimples overnight and the 'underground' painful monsters in a few days. I have very oily skin and I use this product about 1 a month all over my face. It brings blackheads to the surface and sloughs off the top layer of skin (gently). I follow up with the microdermabrasion by Dr. Brandt, the DDF toner and overnight cream. Keeps my skin beautiful!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2003 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nao1

i was trying to find a cheaper alternative to Sonya Dakar's drying potion, but this didn't give me the same results. too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2002 12:49:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best spot treatment I've ever used. It gets rid of those little bumps overnight and larger bumps in just about 2-3 days. Works to unplug blackheads too. It does dry if I use it for a few days on one spot, but a few flakes is a small price to pay for it's results. Speaking of small prices, you won't pay one for this stuff. It's about $25-30USD for a 1 OZ bottle. ****edit**** the Mario Badescu drying lotion has the same ingredients, but in a different order. The D'Arcy is a better product, as it stays on my skin, where the MB flakes off. ****edit again ***** There is now a drugstore version of this - Bye by blemish. It works better than the MB, but still not quite as good as the D'Arcy, but it is under $10.