September 17, 2014 | 1026 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product isn't what I need any more, my skin has improved dramatically since I've started using Everyday Minerals (hard to say if it was because of changes in diet, other skin care regimens, the makeup or the combination). Basically, now that I don't have red blemishes to cover any more or "bad skin days" this just makes my skin look too cakey and chalky, it was excellent for when I needed it - the slightly chalkiness beat looking completely horrible and broken out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this foundation ok. It's kind of heavy and loose cosmetics are messy. I liked the matte version more. However, it made me itch a lot. Won't use it again because of that.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by mari4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I heard alot of good thing about this, but it dosent have good coverage at all... I use a kabuki brush with it but it dosent cover anything and it looks dry on my, like I dont have anything glow in my face.. I have tried the other formulas too.

My face is combination, with red cheeks and oily t-sone and some few spots. really ennoying because this is a alternative too the bare minerals one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

I don't use Mineral foundation anymore but, this is a great one. I think this is better then Bare Minerals by far. It has great converage and it's stay power is better. If anyone asked me to recommend a mineral fondation this would be it. Is is smooth and makes your skin look flawless but real. You can't tell you have foundation on.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ruskapunkkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A bit more detailed description of my skin: I've got surface dry yet oily skin. I've got enlarged pores on my cheeks, the evenness of my skin color depends on how well I've cared for it, I usually have redness on my cheeks and chin, and I do break out but mostly for hormonal reasons. My skin is a bit sensitive.

I've used semi-matte, matte and intensive bases. All of them have worked with me though intensive is something I use when my skin is in good condition and I need the extra shine/blemish control. Excellent for summers, as my skin is in it's best condition and the weather is quite hot and humid. Though, I have used the intensive when my skin has been the most flakiest and driest but it's not something I normally prefer. Semi-matte/matte are for those occasions because of the lighter feeling it gives for my face.

It's kinda funny how well the intensive and well, all the other bases too, hide all the flakes and signs of dryness even though they are powders. Creams and liquids won't work with me when the surface of my skin is just too damn dry yet these work as a charm and they don't leave my skin look ashy either. With this formula though, you gotta be even more careful to not overdo the application. You don't need that much foundation and the drier your skin is the less buffing is better. If you use too much or over buff it, it gives you that odd waxy/shiny look and makes the dryness of your skin show. Also I've noticed I need a primer or some sort of finishing powder to conceal my pores as all these formulas tend to show them more prominently.

The price is right for the amount/quality vs. all the other products available in my country.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I'm NC 15 with golden undertones and my perfect match is Golden Fair. I tried the matte formula years ago and hated it because it exacerbated my oily skin and made my face itch. So a couple years ago, I bought the Golden Fair pressed compact and it was the first MMU that I actually used right down to the pan while I was on Accutane. I didn't think it bothered my skin at the time, even though I was still breaking out on Accutane, but when I stopped the Accutane after my 6 month course and changed to Larenim pressed base, my skin suddenly completely cleared up, so I'm thinking that my skin didn't like the pressed version, even though it didn't have anything harmful in it. When my oily skin came back, i tried the pressed compact again and had to return it because it transferred like crazy and broke me out again.

So, long story short, desperation made me turn back to trying EDM again since the Golden Fair shade matched my skin tone so perfectly and I really liked the coverage of the pressed compact. I'm on my second course of Accutane now, so I'm not worrying about controlling my oil at the moment because I'm bone dry, he he.

I'll update if this breaks me out, but I just wanted to review saying that the coverage is pretty good, but it's not "heavy" or "maximum coverage". For me with my current acne and post acne scarring, I need several coats to get the coverage I want, but I am impressed that it still looks incredibly natural with 3 or 4 coats (after using a concealer brush on trouble areas). The color is really my perfect match and the finish is satin---not matte like the web site states. I imagine that with oily skin, this foundation would melt right off, so beware of that.

Also, right after I placed my order for EDM, I got samples of Lauress Cosmetics and fell in love, so right now I'm using the EDM until my full sized order of Lauress comes in. If you're looking for some seriously heavy duty, but natural looking coverage, then look no further than Lauress' Ethereal foundation. It's simply amazing and for the 3 days that I wore it all over my face (sample sizes aren't that big), my skin actually started calming down and clearing up a bit. Gentle Ivory is my match, but EDM's Golden Fair matches slightly better because it has a stronger gold undertone. So, if anything, now that I have EDM's foundation in the full size and if I find that it doesn't break me out, I can put a light layer over the Lauress foundation to add more gold, but I probably won't bother because the Ivory is really close enough. I'll keep EDM as a back up for now since the color is spot on.

I'll update with any conclusive results.

****UPDATE**** After a week of using this product all over my face, along with the rest of my Lauress Ethereal Foundation applied as a concealer to trouble areas, my skin has cleared up tremendously! All the negative reviews of this product since the formula changed kind of scared me off to fully accepting this product, but I'm so happy that I tried it again, anyway. For me, my skin was completely flipping out prior to me using this product and now after only one week of regular use, I only have 1 pimple and all the tiny white bumps that were over every milimeter of my face have completely smoothed out and disappeared. I'm amazed and am so incredibly happy. I just got my Lauress order in the mail with my full sized foundation, so I'll probably use it as a concealer and the EDM foundation all over the rest of my face, since I know it doesn't irritate my skin, but actually seems to be improving it. I never thought I'd be able to say that! I always thought the "anti-inflammatory" claims of MMU companies were exaggerated.

This foundation is definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:11:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

I bought a too dark/olive shade for my winter nc35 skin but i just mix half with half of the matte EM base I have and it gives a great coverage for a powder! seriously, i didn't think a powder could cover quite so much of my pimples, acne scars and skin pigmentation. I moisturised really well with a moisturising primer, then & applied with the EM flat top kabuki. I really enjoy buffing this into my skin. It creates a flawless base. I then the EM concealer brush to pat on some of the EM intensive concealer (this doesn't cover that well, but then again its just another layer of powder over trouble spots. I finish with the EM finshing veil. I highly rec that product to give the face a natural soft focus finish. Spritz with a littel bit of aveene thermal spring water to set mu & i;m done. Seriously this covers & evens my complexion as well as liquid foundation. It also wears better so that at the end of the day my makeup still looks a heap better than liquid foundation. Highly rec Everday minerals, particualry the intensive base for oily/acne prone skin for some serious duty coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a MUST for people who have Rosacea like me. My skin was irritated and getting bumps from liquid foundations, even the Oil-free ones, and I was at my wit's end when I stumbled upon Everyday Minerals. I got the free + shipping trial pack and found my HG match in the Intensive formula. The other formulas don't give me enough coverage on my cheeks, which are very prone to redness and being rash-y looking. The intensive formula covers up my redness 95% of the way, which is amazing. It even gives better coverage than liquid foundation does, but feels very light on, I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask at all, which is how liquid foundation felt on me. I apply it to the top of my cheeks and alone the planes of my face with a blush brush-Ecotools- and then I put some more on my Ecotools mini kabuki brush and buff it out along the edges of my face and my outer cheeks.

The only con I'd say is that it can give a powdery appearance to the top of your skin if you have very dry skin like me. I usually have to wear lotion underneath to stop this and it works most of the time. To be honest, the coverage I get from this more than makes up for the slightly dry effect it makes.

Anyway, I'm NC15-20 in Mac, Revlon Colorstay "Buff" and in EDM wear "Fair" in Winter and "Fairly Light" in Spring/Summer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Kaipiroska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm sorry to say but I'm joining the "disappointed club". I was using EM for 2 years, loved it, was my favorite brand. I got bases, shadows, blushes, brushes and lipsticks from them and was fairly happy with everything, specially foundation and brushes. And I got so many complements for my skin! All my friends wanted to know what foundation I'm using and buy the same. Yes, I had to use a primer to keep it from patching and to apply smoothly, but that was it. But then I started to get these breakouts on my neck line, deep, painful, and they would not go away for long. I stopped using EM and they disappeared, but I would not give up on EM so easily! So sometime later I tried again, I started using EM, and breakouts came back almost immediately. And I repeated my experiment again.. There is now no doubt in my mind that they were caused by EM. And I don't know what happened, did they change the formula, or my skin just got "tired" of it.. But I don't think that is because lauroyl lysine, that ingredient is in many products (toners, eye shadows, powders) and I never got any reactions to that.

So - 5 stars if you don't get those break outs, and using a primer. But for me, it is useless now, and it's a pity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Its great foundation provides heavier coverage and is great for very oily skin BUT you need to know how to use it and what cream to use under! It took me some time and gave me some trouble to find my best way.
If you wont moisturize your skin really good, this will extremely dry out your skin! Also while using it with dry brush it gives me cakey effect, so I can use it only with wet brush-then it looks natural and cover everything.
The key I think is in the way you put it on your face. Now Im using it as concealer because I just dont need that heavy coverage and it works very well.
Package is not the most useful.
� used it with everyday minerals long handled kabuki.