August 29, 2014 | 1895 users online

Blush - Alison Raffaele - Inner Glow Gel Blush - Sultry

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Archie8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

How to order

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by cherrybounce

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best blush EVER. Really does what it's supposed to do better than any other makeup I've used. It looks 100% natural on and last a long time. I've never used a blush that really makes me look like I'm BLUSHING!!! You can build color easily by applying more and it couldn't be easier to blend (you hardly even need to blend it). Love love love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by laure1

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alison Raffaele Inner Glow is the best cosmetic blush made today. It is a water-based translucent gel, which, when applied in layers, will achieve any level of color intensity desired and look completely natural. I wear it everyday, often with no make-up other than Anthelios sun block, and people always compliment my skin --they say it looks radiant. When my husband sees me without it, he says, "you need to get a little sun."

Alison Raffaele Stick Gel blush (in any shade that suits your coloring) is the best blush for any age or skin type, because:
1 Effect: This product executes and flawlessly achieves the goal, the raison etre, of any blush product: it creates an utterly natural, beautiful glow- from-within;
2. Application: easy and mistake-proof. It does not streak, flake, or do anything weird, ever; it blends perfectly with moisturizer;
3. Feel: nice, not waxy or greasy; glides on straight from the tube or from fingers to cheek.
4. Fragrance: faintly berry;
5. Long-lasting: not only lasts on skin throughout the day (unless skin is oily--then just reapply), but also the tube offers a huge supply. The product does not break-down over time, and although cold and/or heat may affect the gel's texture, it will not affect performance. I am currently using Inner Glow that is more than a year old;
6. Packaging: minimalist, does not deteriorate or ever look scratched, chipped, old or icky. Just wipe the top and threads with a tissue before closing;
7. Price: In absolute terms, medium-- in value--an extraordinary buy. It's $5 less than Tarte but much better IMO.
8. Corporate citizenship: Green. In honor of Earth Day, Alison Raffaele donates 10% of all sales to the Natural Resources Defense Council, one of the pre-eminent environmental protection organizations in the U.S.
9. How to buy: online.

I wish everyone knew stick gel offers the most natural, come-from- within blushing glow for any age. This is how I found stick gel blush and Alison Raffaele: I discovered the properties of stick gel blush during a make-up session at Rancho de la Puerta. After the spa's private line became unavailable, I looked for stick gel blush and found 3 brands at Sephora: Stila (stick blush no longer made), Tarte, and Alison Raffaele. Alison Raffaele was and is superior, but Inner Glow is no longer available at Sephora. There is an Alison Raffaele site online store, which also lists addresses of stores that carry the line, and there are some other online providers.

Obviously, it's not a mass market product--eg., there are so few reviews on this site ; there is no advertising. But Alison Raffaele Inner Glow deserves to be better known.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Brick-red gel blush that goes on like a dream, blends beautifully and lasts pretty well. I'm very fair and have muted warm coloring and this is a GREAT color for me, better even than the peach-ier Witty. Looks like a natural flush -- your skin shows through. No shimmer, no stickiness and I detect almost no scent. An HG blush for me and they better never stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all the shades but this is my second favorite (Witty is first) . I use one of these every single day. Gorgeous warm tanish red color. Perfect on me even with fairly light skin. I just love it. These are so much less sticky than the Tarte product. These don't last all day on my skin but nothing does. Just gorgeous though and I'm so happy with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 10:30:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Great line of gel blush sticks.

Product: Gel blush in wide push-up tube with screw-on lid. Texture is smooth and firm, easy to apply directly to the cheeks. Feels dewy but not sticky, and sinks into the skin nicely, and I forget that I'm wearing it. Smells like sweet fruit, but faint. Can be used on lips as a light stain, though it tastes awful - but a coat of lip gloss over it does the trick.

Color: This wears on my AAB/NC25 skin as a sheer peachy tan with red undertones. Similar to Sexy; Sultry is a slightly deeper shade. I agree with one of the previous reviewers that this gives a slight windburned flush to the cheeks. Pigmentation is sheer and not bold; you can layer more on to intensify the color, and I can get plenty of color well before my cheeks get icky. I swipe once or twice, and dab if needed, then a quick once-over with my fingertips to blend. Easy!

Best suited for: Gals who want a sheer, natural tint of color.

Overall: Will last a long time for the price and is perfect for the weekends when I need a little color but no fuss. Truly makes me look like I'm glowing from within... Looks very natural. I'll never give this stuff up! I probably could have done without this shade but, if I had to do it all over again, I would repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2006 12:36:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

UPDATE: I find myself reaching for this almost daily. It's the exact same color as my natural tanned flush, but with more depth. I love putting this on first on temples, cheekbones with a touch on nose & chin, then using one of the brighter IG's on apples of my cheeks. So glowy and natural. Such great stuff!!

SAR IG's are the blush I reach for the most. They really do give you that dewy inner glow look, aren't sticky like Tarte, have better packaging, much easier to blend and last all day. This color is a clear bronze color that looks more like a bronzer than a blush, with a little reddish/peach in it and no shimmer or sparkles. Really perfect color with my summer tanned MMM with cool tones face. Looks totally natural. I use this on my cheek bones and around my temples and bridge of nose, then one of the brighter color on the apples of my cheeks, and it looks like I'm just glowing and healthy. Great product!