December 20, 2014 | 1593 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Brazil Nut scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this body scrub. I've gone through two jars of this scrub in the last few months because it is easy enough to use once or twice a week to incorporate more exfoliation into my shower routine. This winter was quite harsh on my skin, and perhaps getting older has made me a bit drier than I'm used to, so having this scrub take off all the dead skin left on me by indoor heating and lack of moisturising (bad Stephanie) helped get my skin back into shape after a week or two. Between using both this scrub and the body butter, my skin feels nice and supple and smooth. Thanks Body Shop!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This scrub smells WONDROUS! I have recently gotten exfoliation scrubs for the shower and I have just started using those "scrub mitts" as I want to increase circulation in my body. I bought this a few weeks ago as The Body Shop is having a buy one get one 50% off, or buy two get one free sale and I can say that I am definitely going to go back to buy more things from the summer line! This scrub makes body so soft, and I follow up with the Body Shop's Coconut body butter when I get out of the shower. I love the rough walnut shells, I feel that they really scrub well, though obviously sugar-based scrubs would be more gentle. I can't wait to go back to the Body Shop and buy more products that are Brazilian nut!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by ICantGoForThatNoCanDo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this scrub! The scent and the creamy texture feel really luxurious.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I love the body butter in the same scent, but I wasn't overwhelmed by this scrub. It's a decent scrub, it works and it does smells divine, but I get better results with a homemade scrub of sea salt and olive oil so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by canadian

This product works great on my winter dry body skin. The scrub particles are not fine but at the same time I don't find them too harsh. After washing off this exfoliator my skin feels moisturized. I pair this with the Brazil Nut body butter and my skin feels silky. The scent is light and not overpowering. I also wait for sales on body shop products. Definitely repurchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the sale (that's the only time I would buy any of Body Shop products). It smells really yummy (just like its body butter counterpart) and is actually quite thick and creamy.
The scrub particles are not fine (like Soap & Glory or The Sanctuary Sugar Scrub, for example), if that's what you're looking for. Since they are walnut shells (I personally prefer sugar), the exfoliants are not as many as one would hope.
I thought my skin will be greasy when rinsing this off but, surprisingly, it rinses off clean. There was no residue of the scrub whatsoever, which I really liked. My skin was soft and supple and smelled really nice :-). I will repurchase when this on sale again - possibly in June or so ;-).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Dijana16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm pretty surprised that this product has received such bad reviews, because I like it a lot.

However, I'd like to first mention that I don't have super-dry skin, so I don't really a scrub that is super abrasive. I just have some dryness - mostly my legs, because of shaving.

TEXTURE - I liked that the texture of the scrub is creamy, a little on the oily side, because I found it left my skin moisturized when it was washed off. I actually didn't feel any film left behind that some other people have mentioned.

EXFOLIATING POWER - The large black granules did a good job of exfoliating - they exfoliate just enough, I don't like overly rough scrubs because I feel like they just damage the skin and leave me really red - this scrub doesn't. However, if that's what you're looking for, then this product isn't for you.

THE SMELL - I absolutely love the smell! It has a warm, caramel scent, but it doesn't smell artificial or overly sweet ( I find this is a problem with some other Body Shop products - I hate that!)

PRICE - I do agree that this product is expensive, BUT I really like that it's all natural and made from fair-trade ingredients. Also, as I previously mentioned, my skin is not that dry, so I don't exfoliate often, therefore this lasts me a pretty long time. Based on these two points, I think it is worth the higher price tag.

Overall, it leaves my skin soft, smelling nice (not artificial!), and without a residue (at least not for me).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kerli310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was a really disappointing purchase for me - way too overpriced for something that has no exfoliating properties at all. Furthermore, my skin was left with a weird greasy coat that I had to scrub off with lots of shower gel and special sponge. Weird. Even when I use coffee-gorunds + olive oil + honey as a home-made scrub, I never have a problem like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by GadoGado

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift, but will definitely buy it as a treat when I finish it.

I've seen some mediocre responses to the "scrubbiness" of the Brazil Nut Body Scrub. I, however, don't need my scrub to make my skin red or remove the top layer! Using this scrub twice a week with my bath gloves (which I've used for years) has kept the back of my upper arms the smoothest and softest they've been for years!

The smell is beautiful (slightly nutty and sweet) and not too strong.

It definitely moisturizes. I've read that both moisturizing and exfoliation are keys to eliminating and preventing bumps on the backs of the arms. This is my particular problem, and this body scrub solved it.

I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by misskhan

lovely smell, lovely texture i just love love love it...not very scrubby tho & does not moisturize skin like mango scrub but feels good and i like it