October 31, 2014 | 792 users online

Powder - Kanebo - Kanebo Media Compact Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by christineneogoh

I already bought my 2nd one to standby when I finish my first one. The powder is good to be used alone as it provided medium coverage and it can also go on to top off liquid foundation as well.

I wouldn't say that the powder is finely milled but it didn't give me a splotchy look neither did it look cakey. I would use it as a touch up powder and it will work well unless I touch up several times during the day..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by hintay89

Its good, high cover but too yellow . I dont like the package, but its cheap , I have the lighest shade

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I found that this foundation is not bad, but not something really excellent.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by suraimcfly

Kanebo is an excellent line but don't waste your money on this one. Try the KATE powder foundation instead. In case you are new to Kanebo, the line puts out many different "sub-lines" of makeup including MEDIA, KATE, LUSINOL, TOTAL and on and on and MEDIA is their low end line. I'm having luck with their powders and eye shadow pallettes. Everything is high coverage yet sheer and exceeds the staying power of many mass department store lines. One thing that was surprising was how their powders all appear MUCH lighter on the skin than the actual pigment. That's becuase Kanebo puts lighteners into everything, it's that whole whiter is better Asian thing. If you live in the US, you might not know to buy 2-3 shades darker in Kanebo just to match your shade and unless you are bright yellow, get the OC - Ocher colors instead of the Yellow shades. I'm pretty typical yellow asian and the ocher is already as yellow tinted as I want to go. Can't imagine what Kanebo's yellow is really like! Then, if you want that bronzey look (not at all what Asia is selling), you'll have to go even darker. I don't think Kanebo even sells a bronzer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coverage is high yet sheer. Very natural. But I broke out from this. Media is the only line from Kanebo I break out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

I bought mine on ebay and selected the color OC-C1. I initially wanted D1, but lately I noticed that I always buy my powder foundations a shade too dark than I really needed and they always oxidize on me because I have really oily skin and even if it looks good when I initially put it on, by the first hour at work, I'm looking a bit dark.

Well, with this one I could have stayed with D1, but that's ok because I think C1 is damn close enough for my NC 30-35, NARS Fiji/ Budapest skin tome. My face is a lot lighter in the cheeks and about 2 shades darker in the chin, so I usually have to settle for a shade in between.

The compact is nice and big, not think, but the rectangular shape gets you that big mirror. This is one of the reasons I like buying Asian compacts, western companies don't usually make this kind of a company which is a shame. I like to see my whole face, not sections of it at a time. It is not made out of sturdy plastic, kind of dinky, but nice enough.

The powder comes with a very nice sponge-the asian cosmetic companies also make the BEST makeup sponges, nice & thick and really good texture.

The powder is very soft and gives a good medium coverage. I have a lot of red marks from old acne and it doesn't cover all of that, but I don't expect it to, but it covers all of my redness.

I use powder foundation for touch ups and sometimes for setting after my concealer when I don't use foundation. Soft matte finish & oil control is very good. This is a great product for very little money & I love it that it is refillable!!!

Powder foundations I have tried;
Lancome Dual Finish Matte Wheat
NARS in Budapest & Barcelona
Laura Mericer Pressed Minerals in Rich Vanilla
Laura Mericer PF in #4
MUFE Duo Mat in 203
Shiseido Powdery Foundation in O20
MAC Studio Fix NC30 & C4

And about 10 other brands, this MEDIA compact is the best out of all of them for packaging, price, value and coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by spacepretty

I am in love with this product. This is a powder foundation but the finish is like liquid. It's really true what they say. The powder gives you that luminous, glowing effect. Maybe because of the light reflecting particles in the product. This provides decent coverage and it didn't break me out. Because of this, I would want to try the other products in the Kanebo Media line. It goes to show that you don't really have to pay a lot for good quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Since I cannot find a store that carries this Kanebo line, I purchased this from e-bay. Great powder, I have this in OC-D1, good match for my Mac NC 30-35, GA #5.5. nice matte finish, not drying at all, after a fine blending with a powder brush, I use an e/s brush s for additional concealing. The finished look is quite natural. The compact looks quite decent, doesn't look cheap at all. An oblong compact with powder on one side & the sponge sitting next to it.
Having owned Kanebo's Kate, Lunasol, Lushiva powder fdn & now Media, I honestly cannot tell the difference between one to the other. They are all of fantastic products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2006 11:37:00 AM More reviews by birg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since Kanebo arrived on the European market, I have been a happy user of their different Total Finish Foundations. They are great, no doubt. And since a couple of years, these foundations are available in the US as well. Kanebo, however, is so much more than the Total Finish and the Sensai lines. Take a look at www.kanebo-cosmetics.co.jp/index and you will find a huge array of beauty lines. Most of them are only available in Japan and other Asian countries. Some of them can be found in the supermarkets in Hong Kong. However, you do not have to travel to Hong Kong to get your hands on these goodies, thanks to the Internet.

I have already written a review about the Revue Powder Foundation, which I like even better than the Total Finish. And now I have found an even better one ...

I sometimes suspect the Japanese want to keep the real goodies for themselves - how else can they explain, that the Media Powder Foundation is only available in their country and their neighboring ones? I am running out of superlatives when trying to describe this. Let me only say: it has everything I need from a foundation, it covers well, it looks very natural (yes, a very critical sister confirms the truth of that assertion) and it stays put even during the tropical weather which hit Sweden this summer. It comes in an elegant, flat dark blue compact with sponge and costs approx. US 15, the refill costs USD 11 (powder contents 11,5 g). I was lucky to remember the Japanese no. of my very first Kanebo foundation about 20 years ago, and yes, it is still a perfect match - not yellow, not pink, only ME but much better. Again, it's time for me to say "Thank you very much Kanebo". UPDATE: I forgot to mention that the SPF is 26 - even Paula Begoun would be happy with this foundation!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No