Adult Acnomel tinted cream

3.2

Active Ingredients:Resorcinol 2%; Sulfur 8%. Inactive Ingredients:Alcohol 15% (W/W), Bentonite, Carbopol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Octoxynol-9, Potassium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Water

on 4/27/2015 1:44:00 PM

I haven't posted a review in a while but I had to make sure everyone was warned about this product. My skin had been kept under control up until about 6 months ago (few breakouts, even tone, soft and actually normal). Whether it was the cold winter or a hormonal change my skin started going nuts around November. Now, it's April and it still seems to be acting up so I thought I would give this a try. I've always had acne prone skin so I've used every product from benzoyl peroxide to tea tree oil since hitting puberty at 13. Therefore, my skin is pretty tough and usually doesn't react too terribly to new products. THIS RUINED MY SKIN. After ONE application my skin started peeling off and didn't stop for over a week even after I didn't apply it again. On one particular part of my face where I had 2 spots...it appeared as though I had a chemical burn and it scabbed over so badly it looked as though I had hit my face on the concrete. My skin was so burned and dry I couldn't even wear makeup for about 3 days and when I did it just peeled off of my face. I know everyone's skin is different and for some this may work. Maybe as I've gotten older my skin has become more sensitive...I don't know...but this was really really bad. So I advise those of you looking to try this product to begin with one application on ONE zit...and go from there.

on 3/24/2015 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this quite a long while ago and never really used it very much. But there must have been some reason I held on to it when I've thrown so many other acne medicines in the garbage. I guess that's because it does seem to work. I put it on last night, and the blemishes on my forehead already look better. The sulfur ingredient is much gentler than SA or BP. I've never had any problems with flaking skin when I've used this cream. I only use it at night though. The tint is really brown and doesn't match my fair skin. Also this cream smells bad making it a "no go" for daytime. I like to dot it on the blemish fairly heavily and let it dry. Make sure you wash it off well in the morning or you could have some staining.

on 1/25/2015 10:51:00 AM

This stuff was a lifesaver! I was going out on a date and of course the day before I had 2 very red, hard pimples appear on my face. I used this stuff and by morning, they were smaller, less inflamed, and much easier to cover with makeup. One of them was almost completely gone already. After another application the next night, the other pimple that had still been bothering me a little was significantly reduced again.

This product is comparable to Proactiv's refining mask, which I also use and like, but I would say Acnomel is an even better spot treatment and at a better price. I also have very sensitive skin and cannot really use benzoyl peroxide, so I was very happy to find this product with different active ingredients. I experienced no irritation at all. The only reason I'm rating this 4/5 is because it is a little bit difficult to wash off, which I find annoying, but this is definitely a product I'll be keeping around.

on 3/16/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I applied this to all my problem areas and the next day i had brown patches all over my face that peeled off and made my skin red and raw... I do not recomend this to everyone.. ive read some mixed reviews about if but it didnt work for me :/ Beware!

on 1/13/2014 8:18:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is actually a review for the Acnomel Vanishing Cream. Works really well, is cheap and effective. It's somewhat hard to find. I got mine in a Walmart in Cape Breton NS (I actually live in Ontario). I do find it stops working after a few weeks of application, but when I switch to another product and come back to this one it works well. It dries out zits and brings cystic acne to the surface. I put a thin layer over any pimples I see as a spot treatment. It's a natural product (sulfur) so that's another bonus.

on 10/3/2013 2:53:00 PM

This is the most effective acne treatment I have ever found. I have had acne for 25 years. I have seen multiple dermatologists, and have had ever Rx cream, gel, cleanser, and drug they can come up with, with little success. I have LITERALLY tried every OTC acne product - go figure, they all have the same ingredients in different packaging, and they all don't work. I found this some years ago, and now I am not without several tubes in the house at all times. If I put it on at bedtime, most of any new acne bumps will be nearly gone by morning. Sometimes completely gone. Here's a tip: buy at least two tubes, and leave the cap off one for a few days. The product will turn a darker color and become thicker. Use that tube on EXTREMELY bad acne - it seems to be seriously more effective. I use the other tube as-is, and apply just a dab with a Q-tip to any acne I have for wear during the day. This is the only product I know of that also LAYERS. If I put a layer on at night, and let it dry, I can come back & apply another layer and it seems to increase effectiveness. Yes, in quantity, it smells weird, and not everyone's skintone will allow for day-hours wear, but it is the best thing I have ever found. The makers don't pay for serious pricey shelfspace in the stores or fancy advertising, so you will probably have to order it online. My Walgreens pharmacy also orders it for me through Cardinal Health. I would never be without this.

Adult Acnomel probably has the funniest name in skin care but I can't complain. It is a sulfur based excellent spot treatment that I highly recommend. When my face is super irritated, I like to use a mild cleanser and put adult acnomel on at nighttime.

Definitely a big fan of this product.

on 1/21/2013 8:47:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, as my Oxy Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide cream has stopped working on my skin. I was excited to try a new product, and had high hopes for it. I spread this all over my problem areas (which is pretty much my entire forehead and the sides of my cheeks, I have little tiny PESKY bumps all over that are not zits and they don't pop). I washed it off of my face this morning before heading off to work, and the tinted color of this product left a patch of brown discoloration on the areas where I had applied it. So not only did it leave my face with weird brown patches, it did NOTHING for my little "non-acne" bumps. I put a BB Cream on my face, and the patches that this product gave me now looked as though I didn't rub in my makeup all the way. I am very disappointed in this product and I will never use a "tinted" acne treatment on my face ever again.

on 10/18/2012 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this last winter because my mom used it when she was younger and said it worked wonders. I used it a little, but honestly I didn't have much acne at the time, and I always forgot to put it on. I eventually just stuffed it into a drawer and forgot about it. I'm really into organic healthy beauty products, so I've experiemented with oil cleansing and a myriad of other things. Something that I was doing made my skin go crazy and I broke out worse than I had ever done before. I stopped oil cleansing, which helped a little. Then I stopped using BareMinerals. I got a bar of glycerin teatree oil soap to wash my face with, and my acne started getting a little better. It was still worse than it had ever been. A week ago my mom mentioned the acnomel and said I should use it. I halfheartedly got it out and started applying it once or twice during the day, and also at night before bed. All I can say is wow; it dried up my acne within a few days. My skin was a little dry and flaky, but moisturizing my face regularly got rid of the dryness. I was not expecting results like this it, but I know from experience that one product that works wonders on one person might be a terrible product for another. You'll only know if it's right for your skin if you try it:).

PROS: works really well on my skin, dries up acne within a few days, gets rid of redness, it's tinted and can be worn under make up if so desired.

CONS: smells like sulphur, a little drying on the skin.

on 8/9/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for almost two years on my face and it has been my saving grace. All through my teen years I suffered from acne on my face and tried everything from prescription pills to over the counter products. A while back my mum found this product on the shelf in Wal-Mart for just $4.00 CAD so she decided to give it a try. I can honestly say that this product will take away my average pimple over night. It successfully reduces swelling and redness, and I am very pleased with it. The only downside to this product is it absolutely reeks of sulfur, the smell is terrible. I've gotten used to it, but it is definitely noticeable to other people. For this reason, I only use the product at night and then make sure I cover up what's left of the smell in the morning. The packaging really isn't the greatest, if you leave the tube sitting out for a minute or two without the lid on a bunch of the product will seep out. Also, make sure the cap is on TIGHT!! I had an experience where the cap wasn't on tight enough and it leaked all into my over night bag at a friends house, talk about embarrassing (plus it got all over everything that was in the bag and it smelled so bad!!) Other than the smell and lousy tube, I would say this product is a cheap must-have for people that suffer with acne and would recommend it to anyone!

Popular Treatments (Face)