Adult Acnomel tinted cream

3.2

Active Ingredients:Resorcinol 2%; Sulfur 8%. Inactive Ingredients:Alcohol 15% (W/W), Bentonite, Carbopol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Octoxynol-9, Potassium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Water

I don't actually use this every night in my nighttime routine for my acne but whenever I pop a pimple I put this on directly afterwards and for the next couple of nights and the pimples never comes back. I know most people say not to pop your pimples because it can give you scars but I've never gotten a scar using this product. But if you want to use this as a regular everyday acne product, I would definitely not recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Worst acne product. It might work for some but be very careful when applying. Use sparingly. A little history about me is I am 23 Asian living in Cali with combination/oily/acne prone skin. I had very severe acne in May. I went to the dermatologist to get prescribed cream and get my pimples extracted. I stopped going bc I thought my acne was going away (which it kind did) but I was still getting underlying bumps that can be seen under sunlight. So I used this. I used it as spot treatment for the first few days which was fine but all of a sudden bam! The spots where I applied it turned into red/brown welts. So gross !! It looks like I have a bunch of zits clustered in different parts of my face. I'm hoping it's just an allergic reaction.. But I took benadryl and it's still there... I'm so depressed. I don't know what else to do to get rid of this !! I'm going on vacation this weekend and I still look like a monster :(

I haven't posted a review in a while but I had to make sure everyone was warned about this product. My skin had been kept under control up until about 6 months ago (few breakouts, even tone, soft and actually normal). Whether it was the cold winter or a hormonal change my skin started going nuts around November. Now, it's April and it still seems to be acting up so I thought I would give this a try. I've always had acne prone skin so I've used every product from benzoyl peroxide to tea tree oil since hitting puberty at 13. Therefore, my skin is pretty tough and usually doesn't react too terribly to new products. THIS RUINED MY SKIN. After ONE application my skin started peeling off and didn't stop for over a week even after I didn't apply it again. On one particular part of my face where I had 2 spots...it appeared as though I had a chemical burn and it scabbed over so badly it looked as though I had hit my face on the concrete. My skin was so burned and dry I couldn't even wear makeup for about 3 days and when I did it just peeled off of my face. I know everyone's skin is different and for some this may work. Maybe as I've gotten older my skin has become more sensitive...I don't know...but this was really really bad. So I advise those of you looking to try this product to begin with one application on ONE zit...and go from there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this quite a long while ago and never really used it very much. But there must have been some reason I held on to it when I've thrown so many other acne medicines in the garbage. I guess that's because it does seem to work. I put it on last night, and the blemishes on my forehead already look better. The sulfur ingredient is much gentler than SA or BP. I've never had any problems with flaking skin when I've used this cream. I only use it at night though. The tint is really brown and doesn't match my fair skin. Also this cream smells bad making it a "no go" for daytime. I like to dot it on the blemish fairly heavily and let it dry. Make sure you wash it off well in the morning or you could have some staining.

This stuff was a lifesaver! I was going out on a date and of course the day before I had 2 very red, hard pimples appear on my face. I used this stuff and by morning, they were smaller, less inflamed, and much easier to cover with makeup. One of them was almost completely gone already. After another application the next night, the other pimple that had still been bothering me a little was significantly reduced again.

This product is comparable to Proactiv's refining mask, which I also use and like, but I would say Acnomel is an even better spot treatment and at a better price. I also have very sensitive skin and cannot really use benzoyl peroxide, so I was very happy to find this product with different active ingredients. I experienced no irritation at all. The only reason I'm rating this 4/5 is because it is a little bit difficult to wash off, which I find annoying, but this is definitely a product I'll be keeping around.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I applied this to all my problem areas and the next day i had brown patches all over my face that peeled off and made my skin red and raw... I do not recomend this to everyone.. ive read some mixed reviews about if but it didnt work for me :/ Beware!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is actually a review for the Acnomel Vanishing Cream. Works really well, is cheap and effective. It's somewhat hard to find. I got mine in a Walmart in Cape Breton NS (I actually live in Ontario). I do find it stops working after a few weeks of application, but when I switch to another product and come back to this one it works well. It dries out zits and brings cystic acne to the surface. I put a thin layer over any pimples I see as a spot treatment. It's a natural product (sulfur) so that's another bonus.

This is the most effective acne treatment I have ever found. I have had acne for 25 years. I have seen multiple dermatologists, and have had ever Rx cream, gel, cleanser, and drug they can come up with, with little success. I have LITERALLY tried every OTC acne product - go figure, they all have the same ingredients in different packaging, and they all don't work. I found this some years ago, and now I am not without several tubes in the house at all times. If I put it on at bedtime, most of any new acne bumps will be nearly gone by morning. Sometimes completely gone. Here's a tip: buy at least two tubes, and leave the cap off one for a few days. The product will turn a darker color and become thicker. Use that tube on EXTREMELY bad acne - it seems to be seriously more effective. I use the other tube as-is, and apply just a dab with a Q-tip to any acne I have for wear during the day. This is the only product I know of that also LAYERS. If I put a layer on at night, and let it dry, I can come back & apply another layer and it seems to increase effectiveness. Yes, in quantity, it smells weird, and not everyone's skintone will allow for day-hours wear, but it is the best thing I have ever found. The makers don't pay for serious pricey shelfspace in the stores or fancy advertising, so you will probably have to order it online. My Walgreens pharmacy also orders it for me through Cardinal Health. I would never be without this.

Adult Acnomel probably has the funniest name in skin care but I can't complain. It is a sulfur based excellent spot treatment that I highly recommend. When my face is super irritated, I like to use a mild cleanser and put adult acnomel on at nighttime.

Definitely a big fan of this product.

I really wanted to like this product, as my Oxy Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide cream has stopped working on my skin. I was excited to try a new product, and had high hopes for it. I spread this all over my problem areas (which is pretty much my entire forehead and the sides of my cheeks, I have little tiny PESKY bumps all over that are not zits and they don't pop). I washed it off of my face this morning before heading off to work, and the tinted color of this product left a patch of brown discoloration on the areas where I had applied it. So not only did it leave my face with weird brown patches, it did NOTHING for my little "non-acne" bumps. I put a BB Cream on my face, and the patches that this product gave me now looked as though I didn't rub in my makeup all the way. I am very disappointed in this product and I will never use a "tinted" acne treatment on my face ever again.