September 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Treatments (Face) - Adult Acnomel tinted cream

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Piano34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I applied this to all my problem areas and the next day i had brown patches all over my face that peeled off and made my skin red and raw... I do not recomend this to everyone.. ive read some mixed reviews about if but it didnt work for me :/ Beware!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is actually a review for the Acnomel Vanishing Cream. Works really well, is cheap and effective. It's somewhat hard to find. I got mine in a Walmart in Cape Breton NS (I actually live in Ontario). I do find it stops working after a few weeks of application, but when I switch to another product and come back to this one it works well. It dries out zits and brings cystic acne to the surface. I put a thin layer over any pimples I see as a spot treatment. It's a natural product (sulfur) so that's another bonus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

This is the most effective acne treatment I have ever found. I have had acne for 25 years. I have seen multiple dermatologists, and have had ever Rx cream, gel, cleanser, and drug they can come up with, with little success. I have LITERALLY tried every OTC acne product - go figure, they all have the same ingredients in different packaging, and they all don't work. I found this some years ago, and now I am not without several tubes in the house at all times. If I put it on at bedtime, most of any new acne bumps will be nearly gone by morning. Sometimes completely gone. Here's a tip: buy at least two tubes, and leave the cap off one for a few days. The product will turn a darker color and become thicker. Use that tube on EXTREMELY bad acne - it seems to be seriously more effective. I use the other tube as-is, and apply just a dab with a Q-tip to any acne I have for wear during the day. This is the only product I know of that also LAYERS. If I put a layer on at night, and let it dry, I can come back & apply another layer and it seems to increase effectiveness. Yes, in quantity, it smells weird, and not everyone's skintone will allow for day-hours wear, but it is the best thing I have ever found. The makers don't pay for serious pricey shelfspace in the stores or fancy advertising, so you will probably have to order it online. My Walgreens pharmacy also orders it for me through Cardinal Health. I would never be without this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by 2fit2quit3456

Adult Acnomel probably has the funniest name in skin care but I can't complain. It is a sulfur based excellent spot treatment that I highly recommend. When my face is super irritated, I like to use a mild cleanser and put adult acnomel on at nighttime.

Definitely a big fan of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by kycouture94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product, as my Oxy Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide cream has stopped working on my skin. I was excited to try a new product, and had high hopes for it. I spread this all over my problem areas (which is pretty much my entire forehead and the sides of my cheeks, I have little tiny PESKY bumps all over that are not zits and they don't pop). I washed it off of my face this morning before heading off to work, and the tinted color of this product left a patch of brown discoloration on the areas where I had applied it. So not only did it leave my face with weird brown patches, it did NOTHING for my little "non-acne" bumps. I put a BB Cream on my face, and the patches that this product gave me now looked as though I didn't rub in my makeup all the way. I am very disappointed in this product and I will never use a "tinted" acne treatment on my face ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Rachelen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this last winter because my mom used it when she was younger and said it worked wonders. I used it a little, but honestly I didn't have much acne at the time, and I always forgot to put it on. I eventually just stuffed it into a drawer and forgot about it. I'm really into organic healthy beauty products, so I've experiemented with oil cleansing and a myriad of other things. Something that I was doing made my skin go crazy and I broke out worse than I had ever done before. I stopped oil cleansing, which helped a little. Then I stopped using BareMinerals. I got a bar of glycerin teatree oil soap to wash my face with, and my acne started getting a little better. It was still worse than it had ever been. A week ago my mom mentioned the acnomel and said I should use it. I halfheartedly got it out and started applying it once or twice during the day, and also at night before bed. All I can say is wow; it dried up my acne within a few days. My skin was a little dry and flaky, but moisturizing my face regularly got rid of the dryness. I was not expecting results like this it, but I know from experience that one product that works wonders on one person might be a terrible product for another. You'll only know if it's right for your skin if you try it:).

PROS: works really well on my skin, dries up acne within a few days, gets rid of redness, it's tinted and can be worn under make up if so desired.

CONS: smells like sulphur, a little drying on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by haylee438

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for almost two years on my face and it has been my saving grace. All through my teen years I suffered from acne on my face and tried everything from prescription pills to over the counter products. A while back my mum found this product on the shelf in Wal-Mart for just $4.00 CAD so she decided to give it a try. I can honestly say that this product will take away my average pimple over night. It successfully reduces swelling and redness, and I am very pleased with it. The only downside to this product is it absolutely reeks of sulfur, the smell is terrible. I've gotten used to it, but it is definitely noticeable to other people. For this reason, I only use the product at night and then make sure I cover up what's left of the smell in the morning. The packaging really isn't the greatest, if you leave the tube sitting out for a minute or two without the lid on a bunch of the product will seep out. Also, make sure the cap is on TIGHT!! I had an experience where the cap wasn't on tight enough and it leaked all into my over night bag at a friends house, talk about embarrassing (plus it got all over everything that was in the bag and it smelled so bad!!) Other than the smell and lousy tube, I would say this product is a cheap must-have for people that suffer with acne and would recommend it to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by CaliforniaLuxe

I read all the reviews and was hoping for great results. I've used it on and off over the last 9 months, and EACH time I use it, it chemically burns my skin even when I use tiny amounts of it - the area of skin where the product was applied becomes raised the next day and rough in texture and significant peeling of the skin occurs over the course of almost a week until I am back to having my normal smooth skin again. Covering it up with foundation only makes it look worse as the skin is very rough and raw. I have NEVER had this happen with any acne treatment product, and I've used so many - benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, Differin, Acanya, clindamycin phosphate, clindaymycin gel, all in various combinations - so the fact that Acnomel just on its own caused chemical burns on my skin is particularly horrifying. I don't have particularly sensitive skin when it comes to applying acne treatment products - my skin tolerates high levels of active ingredients very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by sexygirl999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product definitely shrinks and reduces redness of acne and acne marks, on both my face and body acne. I don't find it to be too drying either, as long as I don't strip my face with strong face wash before applying. My main hesitation, sadly, is the smell. I only use it at night, but the smell seeps into my blankets and clothes, and even after washing them, I swear the smell lingers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will buy this again because it works. Very drying on it's own so I spot treat over my moisturizer and I swear it works better this way. Whenever I feel a bump brewing and Acnomel to the rescue. Sulfur works for my skin and i had my tube for over a year. The tint is too obvious and orangey, no way I'm wearing this during the day. The smell, the texture, the tint are all negatives for me. Doesn't blend or spread easily but just a dab overnight flattens a cyst like nothing else. This is strong stuff and more effective than bp. Do not use on unaffected skin because it will make you red and flaky the next morning.