November 22, 2014 | 1629 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste in Rose Petale 99

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

NC15-NC20. HG Blush for "natural flush to the cheeks" that looks like it comes from within. While I love my other Joues Contraste (such as Candy and Espiegle which are peach pink blushes) Rose Petale is the most natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by tecnogrl

LOVE this blush. Definitely my HG. This was a Christmas gift from my sister and initially I wasn't sure if the color would work for me and had considered returning it for another color. But now that I've used it several months I adore it. I think at first I was using the wrong type of brush to apply it and I was being too heavy handed with it. The shade looks very natural on my fair, yellowish skin and gives my cheeks a nice subtle flushed look. This will last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

That's it! I've found my HG blush. Nothing else looks quite as prettily and naturally flushed, and the staying power is impressive.
The colour is just right for my pale, warm skin, and there is a bit of shimmer that looks so very natural on me.

It isn't cheap- but how often do you repurchase blush?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by michelle2583

I am going to side with ccarlino on this one. I am not a mature woman, in fact I'm only 29. That being said, this blush ages me HORRIBLY. Even with a primer, it amplified my pores to the size of dinner plates, and managed to migrate into any fine lines that may be beginning to develop. It looks nice upon immediate application, but after an hour or two, catching myself in the mirror is a brutal sight. It honestly makes me look at least ten years older. I gave this to a friend with less oily skin and finer pores, perhaps it will work out a little better for her. For the price and the brand, I would expect far superior quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm trying samples of VitaLumiere Aqua, Perfection foundation and needed a blush. So how could I go wrong using Chanel as the complement? This color is too ruddy on my fair mature skin with very little pigment and a shimmer glow. On my mature skin, this blush was blotchy, had an uneven application and not finely milled. Very disappointing -- will return.

Note: I note that most of the 4-5 lippies are those from younger users. Don't think this is a good product for mature, dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by wilddkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE this blush- Chanel nailed it on the color and texture. I feel like a new person whenever i put it on. It's the most gorgeous rosy color with just the right amount of shimmer that transforms my pale, tired skin into somethin' else, let me tell you. My only complaints are about the price and packaging. I know, I know, its Chanel after all, so I cant expect a low price, but I'm not going to be wasting any of this blush. And then there is the packaging. The sleek, black compact is lovely, and the mirror's quality is spectacular, but the one time I dropped this on the (carpeted!) floor by accident, the blush inside shattered into a million pieces. I actually used a tweezer to carefully pick the little pieces from my floor and put them in another jar so I could re-pot it later. I'm taking off a lippy for that. Overall, if i have enough money saved up when i run out of this I will definitely repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was using the Chanel Rose Bronze and was afraid that this was too close. It isn't. On my very fair yellowish tinged skin, I think this would be too bluish, but over a light dusting of bronzer (Nars Laguna), it looks beautiful - what Bobbi Brown calls a pop of color - pinky rose, but like a natural skin blush. Bonus for me is that Rose Petale has almost no sparkle, so the hint of sparkle in Laguna is not too much.

The staying power is excellent. For some reason, it's better than Rose Bronze.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

I have heard a lot about the Euro and US version of the Chanel JCs. The Euro version of this product that I purchased in a duty free shop while traveling is TRASH. Poor pigmentation that I could barely get to show up on my NC20-25 skin. It pailed in comparison to my other Chanel blushes, but I did love the color. I decided to go to my local Chanel counter in the US and repurchased Rose Petale. This was an application where angels flew out of the compact and began to sing as I applied the finely milled powder to my cheeks. The US version is AMAZING. Awesome pigmentation, flattering color, that effortlessly blended into my skin. I would repurchase the US version. However, it still says "Made in France" just like the Euro version. The Euro formulation is baked and the brush that comes with it is black, whereas the US version looks more finely milled and comes with a brown brush. Chanel needs to get there act together and standardize the quality of their products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by prettyfacades

I love love loveeeeeee this. It's a very natural pinky/rosy colour that suits almost everyone. It's very versatile and you can wear it to any occasion.

The shimmer looks glittery in the pan but it gives the skin a very nice glow when applied.

I'm NC20, and this has quickly become my go-to blush. It doesn't emphasise redness in the skin at all unlike some other blushes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is such a pretty light-pink blush with a really nice scent to it. The texture is really smooth and glides smoothly on my cheeks as well, the only downfall is that I cannot make this product to show up on me at all. I have primed my skin well, and on my olive skin tone you can hardly notice the color.
RIS so I don't think I will ever purchase this. For $50 a pop, I can find better, well pigmented blush for a cheaper price.