October 24, 2014 | 1878 users online

Eyeliner - Bourjois - Liner Pinceau in Noir

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by DDloves2shop

I do love this eyeliner as it is so easy to apply and goes on so smooth! The applicator is a soft fine brush which is flexible and therefore allows you to make thin strokes and thicker lines. It also makes it so much easier to get a smooth winged cat eye.

The colour is quite black and dries to a semi-gloss/matte finish.

The only reason I did not give this liner a 5 is because my flick often ends up crumbling after about 5 hours which is a shame. It is susceptible to crumbling and rubbing off so I do have to reapply sometimes.

But overlooking that- the quality of the product and application gets a thumbs up from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lndtng

My favourite liquid liner at the moment. It's intense, long lasting and waterproof. It might take a little practice to be able to put it on nice and quickly, but definitely worth it in the end! It's also very easy to remove with make up remover. Adore it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I used to buy this all the time when I was younger and bought high street grade products. As I graduated to HE products, I left it behind and bought gel liners, mac liquid last etc. on a whim I bought it again and remembered how easy it was to use. Lovely fine brush, smooth on and dried quickly. Lasted decently, certainly as well as mac and all round good performance for a bargain price. Will continue to buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by watercute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really good eyeliner, lasts pretty much all day and easy to apply if you have a steady hand. Really nice colour as well very highly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i rated this full marks, because i enjoy using it so much. it isn't perfect. cons are:
- brush makes it difficult to tightline with, and it gets in your eyelashes and makes a mess there.
- takes a long time to dry and if the brush is fully loaded, can make a huge inky mess again.
- can be difficult to make a perfect, clean straight line because it's a brush and not a felt tip point. easy to make mistakes for me with it.

now to the reasons why this awkward little thing has 5 lipsticks; i just love the way it looks. this is my 1st liquid liner with a brush, and i don't know if it's this one or all brush liners but it almost seems like the ink is so perfectly translated onto the lid, because maybe the brush doesn't absorb any liner during application like a felt tip would? or anyhow.
this is very dark, dark rich line. it looks very clean and striking. it also seems to last a really long time - even during naps, watery eyes and very long days. i also love how the packaging is in this weird little bullet/dome.

would buy again if it still performs this way during the next month or two.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by elainechau329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a birthday present a long time ago. I use to love using it but then I stopped because I like the liner pens more. Its more convient. I threw this is the black hole but I will start using it again because it has a pretty long lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by BunnyIrene

This liner doesn't come with a good stopper in the bottle and the brush is a little thick. It doesn't create a very thin line and doesn't have a great staying power unless a good primer or base is used. But I have found it creates a really nice wing when lining my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as I wanted a brush tip to get a finer line and more control. I have only used the MAC liquid liner (which I love).

Pros:
- very fine lines possible, even when a newbie like me is in control
- strong black finish
- line stays put
- removes easily with lancome bifacils (the US version ROCKS BTW)
- easy to use brush

Cons:
- takes a while to dry, compared to MAC
- not as deep a black as MAC
- you do have to be careful that brush is not too fully loaded when you take it out of the tube

I will definitely keep using this. So glad I did not buy the new Max Factor because of the felt tip and generally bad reviews here on MUA.

Edited to add:
I have now used this for a few weeks and the love is gone. It has dried out and is very patchy when applied. It still takes ages to dry. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by luna83me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really loved the way this liner applied, looked and lasted. However, it was unpleasant to remove and most of all it burnt my skin. Everytime I applied I could feel it burning my eyelid and it seemed to cause breakouts on my face because it spread when I washed it off. I think the ingredients must be quite harsh for the burning sensation to occur. Not for those with sensitive skin I think!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

I am such a big fan of Bourjois but this time I was a bit disappointed with their liner pinceau in black and purple...
I have been using liquid eyeliner every day since 9th grade so it's been almost 5 years and I know what's good.
About this liner:
PROS: super cute packaging, great brush, great colours. CONS: the texture goes way too creamy and it is almost impossible to draw a thin line or even a thick line in less than a minute...
Having stated the pros a more than the cons you see the one reason why I don't like it stands out. I am not excluding the case that I have bought old liners or I just can't get used to drawing with it but that's the case for me... For me it sucks :(