April 20, 2014 | 1629 users online

Deodorants - Trader Joe's - Unscented Deodorant with Cotton

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This thing (it shouldn't be called deodorant because it doesn't get rid of odor) will keep your underarms dry for maybe half an hour if you don't move around much and it is 60 degrees out. However, even if you don't sweat at all, this thing will make you smell. You are better off not wearing deodorant than to wear this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim while I was at Trader Joe's. I really wish I read the reviews prior to purchasing it since I could have saved myself a few dollars. It didn't mask any odor nor did it mask any signs of sweating. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this does not protect against odor, period. i won't use again, but if you dont have much BO then maybe it will be enough for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jonogoly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would NOT buy this again. Have a review on my blog

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Samfowz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would not buy this deo again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

New Favorite!

My former favorite was the discontinued Adidas Cotton Tech.

Clear solid, smooth application, no fragrance whatsoever and survives 45+ minutes of intense cardio! Stings a little bit, but only after shaving. Doesn't leave any marks on clothing which is

Wish Trader Joe's made this with a light fragrance, but it's also nice on its own!
Cap closes tightly. I have no complaints. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, a lot of polarity on this product, seems like people either love or hate it. I will try to add some perspective. I really, really like this product a lot and use it in summer and winter. I've tried other natural brands (Tom's included) that haven't worked as well for me. Some things to consider:

--What are your expectations? If you're someone who wants the perfumey smell and totally dry underarms, this is not for you. I believe it's healthy to let my pores breathe a bit. This mitigates, but does not totally eliminate sweat. I am a lot drier with it, but if I work out I will sweat. Also, while I don't have noticeable BO when I wear it, if i stick my face in my underarm and smell, yes, it will smell like...an armpit! Lol.

--How much do you sweat? I do not sweat heavily, but this may not be enough for someone who does.

--How are you using it? This can vary the performance of the product a lot for me. The most effective way I've used this is after a shower on dry underarms, then let it absorb for 5 or 10 minutes before getting dressed. If I use it mid-day or before I go out somewhere it doesn't absorb and makes me feel sticky.

In summary, not a good product in my opinion for those who sweat heavily or for those who are used to the results of aluminum-containing scented brands. Also to be noted, I haven't had any negative reactions or rashes with it, but that skin under there is sensitive so be sure to keep your receipt in case you have any problems with it, and maybe do a test patch first. Hopefully this was helpful. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm still on the hunt for a good natural deodorant. Unfortunately, this wasn't it. I liked that it doesn't smell as strong as most commercial deodorants, but it didn't do much to prevent sweat. It helped blocked odor for a little while, but it wears off fast. I'll just have to keep hunting....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by diamonte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using natural deodorants for about two years, and this one has worked best for me. At the end of the day, there is absolutely NO odor, which is something I didn't even accomplish when I used regular antiperspirants. I probably sweat about the same amount using this deodorant as I would with a regular antiperspirant. Looking at other reviews, it seems that you either love it or hate it. It's reasonably priced so I say it's worth a try for someone who is on the fence.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by HoneyBlunts33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this. I have it for sensitive skin, and while it does seem to soothe the irritation of shaving, I can't say without lying that it protects against odor. It just didn't hold up, not even on short walks to the drugstore or bus stop. Shame.