September 16, 2014 | 2031 users online

Skincare - Face - Sonya Dakar - Drying Potion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

The 15 ml blue glass bottle comes with an attached wand applicator which you use to dab the lotion on your face. The lotion is white ,thick in consistency and smells heavily of aromatherapy oils - in particular tea tree oil . The lotion is good ...strong . I have applied this to problem areas on my back too when needed - so you can use this elsewhere too ,not just your face.
As the lotion is white and thick and dries that way - you can only use this before bedtime ! By morning 99% of the time, your small breakouts or budding pimples will be gone.
It's called *drying potion* because ..it really does dry out your pimples. It does .
Good stuff , worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by JSothers

This product is a joke!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by drmngangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this at 25 USD, which is almost twice the price of the Mario Bedusco Drying Potion at the same size. This is a white drying potion that stings upon applicaiton, and quickly dries. When it dries, it flakes like crazy, so be prepared for cleaning up the after-mess. You may want to sleep with a towel on your pillow to prevent dirtying your pillow. With that said, the product mildly worked for me. I have an oily tzone, and my forehead tends to break out in tiny little, almost nonexistent-but-I-know-it's-there pimples; I get them from having bangs that I constantly touch with my hands. Anyway, this treatment does dry out whiteheads; it perfectly gets rid of the tiny white heads in one use, but if you have larger ones, you'll have to use this more than once. If you have small reddish pimples, my experience with this is that it sometimes does absolutely nothing for them and half the time it turns those little read pimples into white ones, and then dries them out after a 2nd or 3rd application. So it's a process and the product does dry out zits as it claims. How well it works, really depends on an individual basis. But, IMO, if you're looking for treatments and haven't found anything, you'll prlly try this or any other product out there to find the right one for you. I will repurchase this every now and then, there is plenty of product to last me awhile, as long as you seal it tightly to prevent drying it out. It's a spot treatment, not an all over treatment. I sometimes use my Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA treatment if I happen to have a horrible pimple week.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by betabel

This product may work for some people, but I'm not one of them. After reading about this amazing pimple eraser in a magazine, I thought it seemed like a solid purchase. However, when I applied it at night to a blemish the white potion was flaky and just fell off my face. I don't believe it lasted the whole night due to the flaking, and when I woke up the next morning, the pimple was no different.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by buffysaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, what a disappointment. Does absolutely nothing for me. I, too, bought this product after reading last year's Allure Best of Beauty issue; thanks for nothing. I'd been looking for something to treat already developed cystic pimples -- benzoyl peroxide works for me only if applied in the very early stages. My search continues. The Mario Bedescu Drying Lotion works a little better, but still not well enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by PrincessLindsay

I have not found that this product dries out a pimple overnight and helps it to disappear. Instead I wake up bright red in the exact area it was applied- almost as if the skin has been burned and is trying to scab up. That looks worse and is harder to conceal than a pimple. Plus it is NOT discreet- it is bright white. Definitely not something you could apply if you were having a romantic sleepover and wanted to maintain some dignity while fighting acne. 1 lip added bc the scent is pleasant. Would not repurchase since $45 seems high to burn my skin and worsen pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by novastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! I'm in the minority here, but this product DID get rid of a pimple overnight for me! It leaves a white cast on your skin, so I would only use this at night. However, I guess the ingredients worked for my skin type because the pimple is gone in less than 24 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by laurenlanzaosias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

honestly, i don't know if this stuff works. i am on my second bottle of "miracle" potion and don't really think it does anything but make me look like a spotty monster before bed. it smells great and tingles when it goes on, but you are better off sticking to a 2% salicylic acid.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by sueber

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i just tried this new product its called blemish potion and you can buy it at productjunkies.com - it is awesome- it dried my pimples quickly and i could use it during the day cause it is beige color---

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by maibae

I was really excited about this product because it was allure's winner for acne spot treatment this year. However, I was sorely disappointed. Not only did it not work on the annoying breakouts on my cheeks, but it barely affected the smaller/minor pimples on my forehead. The worst part was that it flaked off as soon as it dried.