Olay Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion spf 15

3.7

active ingredients: 3.0% avobenzone, 5.0% homosalate, 5.0% octisalate, 2.6% octocrylene. also contains: water, glycerin, niacinamide*, polyethylene, dimethicone, panthenol**, pentylene glycol, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4***, carnosine***, ascorbic acid^, tocopheryl acetate^^, camellia sinensis leaf extract^^^, allantoin, cetearyl glucoside, dimethiconol, peg-100 stearate, behenyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, disodium edta, cetearyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, ethylparaben, methylparaben, propylparaben, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, isohexadecane, polysorbate 60, stearic acid, peg-4, peg-4 laurate, peg-4 dilaurate, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, citric acid, fragrance, titanium dioxide. *vitamin b3, **pro-vitamin b5, ***amino-peptide, ^vitamin c, ^^vitamin e ^^^green tea.

on 8/15/2014 6:52:00 PM

This one is lightweight, nice smell, I feel my skin more soft after using this for a while. It's cheap! But nice job! Will repurchase!

on 2/7/2014 11:08:00 AM

Absolutely love this lotion for my dry skin.
I had tried different lotions and creams for my dry, red, flaky skin this winter and I have to say this one wins hands down!
It has sunscreen and it is loaded with beneficial ingredients for skin including a peptide complex, antioxidants and ingredients to soothe skin.
My skin is smoother, the red, flaky patches are almost gone after 1 week of use. Now after 2 weeks I have soft, smooth, hydrated skin.
Update: 7 months later I am just finishing off this bottle! I use it every morning so a little goes a long way. My skin went from dry back to combo and this lotion is still working well for me.

on 8/6/2013 3:13:00 PM

My daily sunscreen for quite some time! I have dehydrated combination/oily skin and anything less than a lotion makes my skin feel tight. This lightweight lotion is not too heavy and unlike other mattifying sunscreens it does not deposit in my crease line. Also, when I sweat during the day it does not turn white. I use a talc based loose powder to remove the shine.

If you apply sunscreen properly you should go through one bottle of these a month. I actually prefer the low SPF rating because I can apply a generous quantity of beneficial ingredients, without loading my skin with unnecessary sunscreen actives which can cause irritation if present at a high amount. Mineral sunscreens are great but they always leave that dreadful white cast, and even the ones with better consistencies like Shiseido have lackluster formulas. You can tell you are applying sunscreen correctly if you manage to go through an entire summer without getting a tan. This has been a success so far.

Have to admit I wasn't a fan of the smell when I first tried but it doesn't bother me now. I think this particular fragrance is common to the whole Regenerist line. I prefer the scent of the Olay Complete series, which is lighter, fresher and slightly more floral. But anyways the scent is present only in small amount. It fades quickly and honestly for me it is not the most important factor when choosing a skincare product.

The finish is slightly sticky but it does work well as a primer under powder products. I let it dry up for about 30 minutes, set it with loose powder, apply bronzer and blush, some more powder on my t-zone, and then finish up with a small amount of loose silica. Everything looks natural and stays in place until I wash at night.

Sunscreen is a necessity, not a luxury that you use sparingly and repurchase once in a while. I will not spend more than the necessary amount unless it is justified. So far I have managed to pay between $10 to $13 for each bottle and I might consider $20 before switching to another product. It is difficult to beat a P&G product when it comes to quality and price.

An ok moisturizer.
It's just a tad bit expensive for what I get out of it. Seems like any other moisturizer I've used.

May or may not rebuy.

on 5/30/2013 2:09:00 PM

I've been trying a number of sunscreens looking for something effective and affordable and this might be it. I like the Olay for a number of reasons:

1. no heavy fragrance
6. hygienic pump delivery
7. lightweight plastic bottle that I can scrape most everything out of
8. works well under make-up; I didn't notice any pilling
9. didn't break me out

I've also used the spf 50 version, which is a bit heavy/greasy for my combo skin. Some other chemical sunscreens have been too greasy or too fragranced or irritated my eyes. While I do avoid getting this in my eyes, and often prefer a physical sunscreen to avoid eye irritation, this is currently my favorite chemical sunscreen. Price is not too cheap for a drugstore brand, but this works well and has enough extras that it's worth it.

on 1/13/2013 3:37:00 AM

I finally finished this SPF moisturizer and I have to say I enjoyed it enough to repurchase it. Works really well underneath make-up when my skin is slightly oilier related to the warmer weather, but during the colder months when my skin is drier, this just doesn't cut it for hydration. Besides wearing well under make-up this product also contains ingredients good for your skin, such as antioxidants, soothing agents, and peptides. The formula is light weight, silky, and absorbs quickly into my skin without feeling heavy, greasy, or leaving a white cast.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I haven't experienced ANY of the negative issues associated with this product. Don't completely disregard this moisturizer based on the reviews.
The consistency is thin and silky, and it applies smoothly without leaving my face greasy or shiny. There's also no oily residue, It has a slightly floral (?) fragrance that seems very potent upon application, but quickly fades. I would prefer NO fragrance, but I can deal.
I apply around two pumps to my face and an additional two pumps to my neck and decolletage.
For reference, I have sensitive combination skin that leans toward oily in the t-zone. It hasn't increased that at all; in fact, I've noticed a slight decrease in oil production in my t-zone since I've been using this.
I'm positive there is another moisturizer with SPF out there that does the job better, but I'm also positive that it's much more expensive. Olay offers an age-defense moisturizer with a minimum SPF and some beneficial ingredients, packaged in a large 2.5oz pump bottle for (on average) less than $20. I'll continue to use this for now.

on 8/27/2012 12:02:00 AM

I have combination/acne prone skin and this was a terrible moisturizer for me. It was very smooth going on, but never settled in my skin. I was shiny before leaving the house.

A friend of mine in her mid 50's also tried this before I returned it. She has very dry skin throughout her t-zone, and this was even too much for her. it was very oily for both of us.

I would not suggest this product and definitely will never purchase this again.

on 8/1/2012 2:43:00 PM

I use this for a few years now.
Very nice texture, goes smoothly over the face,
and good sun screen, which is important during the day.

on 2/18/2012 10:55:00 AM

I really like this, it is a lotion textured lightweight moisturizer which is loaded with anti-oxidants, peptide complex and soothing agents. I don't mind the slight fragrance of this, it is feminine and almost non-existent. This does have a slight sheen when applied, but it is easily covered by foundation or powder. This wears excellent under makeup!

Popular Moisturizers