July 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Deodorants - V'tae - All Natural Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Natact333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product WORKS when you give it time to work...not just saying it quits after an hour when you've used antiperspirants for years. It is not meant to be an anti-perspirant. It is a deodorant.

I use to use antiperspirants for years and kept having to go for stronger and stronger products like Secret Clinical...and it would keep me from perspiring but even with the stronger stuff I'd have to start reapplying frequqently. It wasn't until I became a yoga teacher that I realized what I was doing was counter-intuitive. Your body is meant to perspire! Just like dogs pant to cool off...our natural cooling and detoxing process is to sweat. We are going against nature when we decide to clog our pits with antiperspirant blocking that natural process.

I picked this up at a natural health food store after the recommendation of a store clerk and gave it a shot. I'll admit... the first few days I stank...but it wasn't because of this deodorant...it was all the junk that had accumulated in my underarm glands that were starting to be released since they weren't being blocked by antiperspirants anymore. I showered frequently after my workouts and classes and didn't give up on this product based on the research I had done about antiperspirants. My poor boyfriend was not happy and was sticking to his antiperspirant...but after 4 days of me using this product and going through the uncomfortable "detox" period, my pits were smelling great and sweating less! Even my boyfriend who is not a yogi or hippie granola type was impressed!

This product smells NATURAL...granted not like synthetic fragrances...but I'd rather smell like essential oils than have breast cancer down the road.

I love that it works and when I went back to the health food store to get more, it was sold out. I just wish it was more cost effective since the first week when I was going through the transition phase I did have to apply everytime I showered and whenever I was starting to stink, so I went through it a lot...but I think now that I am smelling great and not sweating as much, I won't need so much of it. I purchased another natural deodorant that was rated second best by the store clerk and online had great reviews but it was not nearly as good as this one.

Love the bottle because you can spray til the last drop and it's very portable. I think I'll keep one in my purse, car, gym bag and travel bag. Yeah you may have to apply more than other deodorants or antiperspirants but isn't your HEALTH worth it?! Your lymph nodes will thank you!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by dinaaike

Now I'm the first to admit that I'm a smelly cat. Most deodorants don't work for me beyond about four hours. This one took the cake. It quit within the hour. Since it was a spray, I decided to give it to my mild-smelling mom. Before the day was out, she knew what it meant to be a smelly cat. Definitely would not recommend, and will absolutely NOT buy again. After using various natural brands (none of which work), and clear gels (which don't work very well), I have rediscovered the necessity of the solid. Solids work. Now I'm using Soft & Dri. I LOVE unscented products, but they don't make one...yet. I'll trade their soft smell (unlike most harsh awful ones) for dryness and no more smelly cat.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 2:29:00 AM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product didn't really work out for me. It works for a while, but then it stops becoming so effective after a while. And even if I try to reapply, it still doesn't work as well as when I first applied. This product wasn't strong enough for me. It probably would be strong enough for most women, though. The liquid didn't take overly long to dry on my skin. I also didn't care for the scent. It smells a little citrusy, but a little woodsy, too. Almost masculine in a way; that was probably done on purpose though, so it's unisex. The scent is very strong...almost like a perfume or something. I don't want this to interfere with my perfume/scent for the day, so I have a problem with it being so strong.