August 2, 2014 | 1609 users online

Pressed Powders - Boots - No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by aoifemr

This product really caked on my normal/dry skin whether I patted on with the given sponge or brushed it over. Not a great powder for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Sophhsssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent product! I have very oily skin and this instantly mattifies it! Although I have to touch up every couple of hours it is a perfect compact with a mirror so really easy to use! I have tried sooooo many different powders from Estée Lauder to Clinique and this wins by a mile!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by thekooks

At first, I used this over my foundation using the sponge that is provided with the product. Using the sponge, it made my makeup look cakey and I didn't like the look at all!
I avoided it for a few months and then decided a few weeks ago to try it out again. This time, I used a kabuki brush to buff and sweep it around my T zone.
It then looked much more natural and prevented shine all day long!
It isn't a product I would rave about, and I wouldn't buy it again if I ran out. However, it does do its job well if you apply it correctly, and its not too bad! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by glamourclaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very chalky pressed powder. Doesnt last long. Makes my face look caked. Constant re-application required on shine. Over priced for whats basically a coloured talc!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cherrybakeswell

Good for skin as fair as mine, it works best if you just pat it on rather than wiping your face with it and gives fairly good coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh

It made me look chalky and staying power sucked
Might work for others, for me, just...no

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by aebonino

I got this on clearance at Target and was pretty excited to try it. I don't really care for it. I didn't have a problem with it until one day I noticed that my makeup looked okay...I just needed a little powder to touch-up the t-zone...put on a little of this powder...UUUGGGHHHH...it seemed to gather in all of my pores and really show them off. YIKES!!! I was at work and didn't have a lot of time to mess with makeup so I tried to brush it off a little but that didn't work. I prayed nobody got that close to really see the disaster on my face, but you don't wear make-up so people will stay 5 feet back so they can't see your emphasized pores.
I also think it has a wierd smell now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed with this pressed powder. It goes on chalky and doesn't have much staying powder. It accentuated every pore on my face and created creases and lines that I didn't even have.

I much prefer the No. 7 Stay Perfect Loose Powder in both the oval container and the portable version with the built in brush.

This went back to Target.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ceciafb

First the good: Ermm..its an ok texture - first pressed powder i've bought, just to compare to my normal loose powder

The bad: Really quite orange, i seem to remember i got the lightest one and my friend pointed out my face looked really orange (no it wasnt the foundation, i'd been wearing it for months) therefore do NOT apply with the little sponge applicator, use a powder brush!

The UGLY: i thought this was just me, and was really worried as i definatly dont have greasy skin, after about a month this STANK of fish - the compact doesnt smell so much, but as soon as you put it on the brush and put it near your face ARGH! i was there thinking it was my skin that had done this to it, band was real worried lol but someone below says the same, seriously it is DISGUSTING, do not buy.

Such a shame as i love the stay perfect foundation..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Deceptively "good and basic" pressed powder. Excellent on more sensitive skin - both on the drier and oilier parts. I've used it off and on for years. This is a fine, sheer, light powder; slightly mattifying, slightly glow-giving - very subtle, so subtle that for a long time I was convinced it was "just" good and basic. Hence new review, as I am now officially wowed.

I used Translucent, which works nicely on pale skin with freckles. Partly because it is much lighter and finer than the more tinted versions: I gather it may be genuinely suitable for quite a wide range of skin tones. No oxidation and turning orange, either (this will depend on what you're wearing under the powder, to be fair).

I lucked out on the colour, though. Of the more tinted versions, there are not enough shades - I think another three or four, none suitable for darker skins, and little variegation. Fair, by the way, is too yellow for cool-toned pale blue people - Translucent is markedly better.

This was bought as a replacement for the gorgeous and discontinued Clinique Soft Finish; the effect was near enough, comfortable and silky-velvety, and approximately as finely luminous. The only comparable powder I've found, searching high and low, has been Prescriptives: similar end result to the Boots, at about 3 to 4 x the price.

Importantly, it is *great* on this sensitive skin. Fragrance-free. Minimal ingredients list: no parabens but does still have a milder preservative and bactericidal agent (thank goodness), and includes ingredients my skin happens to find blissfully soothing - borage oil, mineral oil, and titanium dioxide (I haven't ascertained the likely SPF/PPD). Silicones for smoothing, talc for oilies, mica for the right kind of shine. This is why it's deceptively basic - roughly the same ingredients list as many other pressed powders, but well-formulated and no faffing about with unnecessary extras.

Sturdy, plain compact. Plenty of product, lasts a good year. The sponge, as usual, is poor: but this stuff works wonderfully well with a big fluffy brush. The catch on the compact varies from lot to lot. On some, it is diabolically over-resistant. But it's an excellent buy - here in Ireland, it's EUR 14.25 and so closer to the drugstore than the department-store price bracket, but for department-store quality.

UPDATE: I tried out several other pressed powders, high end and low, then returned to No. 7 as I realised quite how very good it is. It remains the nearest I've found to my beloved discontinued Cliniques ...

INGREDIENTS: talc, mica, paraffinum liquidum, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, borage, titanium dioxide, tocopheryl acetate, silk, nylon-12, propylene glycol, butylene glycol, silica [+/- ci 77891, 77492, 77491, 77499] continued >>