November 25, 2014 | 1775 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Skin Naturals - Lift - SPF 16

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

Mine is spf 15 but ANYWAYS it smells like ginger. I don't care for the smell but meh. It hydrates good but I probably won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Good, but I am having trouble getting my foundation on easily. I'll keep at it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Jooley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: ok, after taking a few weeks break from this moisturiser i went back to it and suddenly it started irritating my eczema?!. have no idea why but maybe something to do with hormone changes *after giving birth*....So now i have to find something else.. and downgraded to 3 lippies from 5. END EDIT.

I've had problem skin in the past (eczema/acne/blackheads) and have tried, quite literally, all drugstore brand moisturisers in the UK. I tried premium brands like Clarins, Estee Lauder and Clinique. No luck there. I ended up finding out that French brands like Vichy and Avene where the only ones that were suitable for my skin (have no idea why, maybe its something the French put in their skincare?!) and so had been buying these brands for the past 6-7 years. However, one day i got a free sample of this stuff in a magazine and although extremely suspicious of Garnier (i dont like most of their skincare ranges) i did like the smell of this moisturiser and after trying it out on the back of my hand, decided it was worth a try for 1 or 2 days.
Well, i was quite shocked with this product. The next day i woke up to noticably smoother skin and with continued use over the next 2 days (it was a small sample!) i found my skin really liked this cherry scented lotion. It didnt give me any strange rash or bring me out in spots, and i noticed that my skin just got smoother and smoother with this stuff. So much so that as soon as the sample was done, i went out and bought a whole 50ml tub of this stuff and continued to use it.
Now, 5 months on, i seriously doubt i will ever go back to Vichy and Avene. The bumps on my skin which i had attributed to my foundation are now gone and my skin is smooth and soft as a baby's! I don't know much about the anti-wrinkle claims of this stuff as i dont have that many, being in my late 20's.. and this cream is marketed towards the more older women, but i say, if your skin likes it, then buy it!
I am pretty shocked that my skin likes this moisturiser, as i havent been able to use a drugstore moisturiser for at least 7 years.. and it's Garnier! But the brand name i can look past, as the smell and quality of the lotion is comparable or even better to the higher priced brands. It sinks into the skin and gives a lovely smooth fresh feeling and is a wonderful base for foundation. The best of all is that you get all this for 70NOK/6.99UK !!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Had been using the Non-SPF formula for almost a year when it came time to repurchase and I decided to try the SPF 16. I did not like this formula as much as the Non-SPF, which is much richer and goes a lot further, and seems to minimize my fine lines better. Its performance was simply better all-around and it also smells better to me somehow, almost good enough to eat. I would not repurchase the SPF formula but will continue to use the Non-SPF day formula for now. I give this formula 2 lippies but would give the Non-SPF formula at least 4!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by BellaDiva

Seems to be a good all-round product, not exceptional but good value for money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Vivrant

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this a try b/c i just didn't feel like spending 50+dollars on a moisturizer anymore, and one of my girlfriends had it and really liked it. The verdict: It's AWESOME! it smells sort of like ginger and honey, and i was very pleased to find that it worked beyond great as a makeup base. I wear foundation everyday and found that it felt like it was setting a little better than usual. It feels smooth after applying, no stickiness (i have combo/oily skin, and quite acne prone too) I've been using it for 4-5 months and i'm pleased to find it doesn't break me out at all. I love the fact that it's under 20$, i don't even mind that it's in a jar (though i would prefer a pump container).. overall, i'm going to keep rebuying this because it rocks.