August 20, 2014 | 1477 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Scrub Fresh

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this to prep my nails before I apply polish. I remove the cuticle (this is the part that covers the nail, not the fold at the base of the nail which is the eponychium) with a cuticle remover and orangewood stick, and apply a cuticle oil to the surrounding skin.

When I'm ready to polish I take one cotton pad, fold it over, and put a bit of Scrub Fresh on it. I then wipe each nail until I hear a *squeak* paying special attention to the sidewalls.

You really need so little instead of removing the seal, I just put a pinhole in and plenty of product comes out. I'm currently on my second bottle, and I will definitely get a backup when mine gets low... next year?

Since I've started clearing the cuticle from my sidewalls and using Scrubfresh (just one alone does not do it) I have noticed very little lifting of my polish until removed-- mostly just tipwear. I'm able to get 7+ days with my current mani regimen, this product is a big part of it. and works much better than acetone or nail polish remover to prep the nail plate for polish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the previous review. This is a great alternative to alcohol or (drying) acetone for prepping the nails before base coat application. Creative Nail products are consistrently of high quality, well packaged and a GREAT line for pros and at-home nail care alike.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2006 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Pam_Too

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Scrub Fresh is a professional nail prep product, that dries out the nail bed for better application adhesion of either nail polish or tips, silks, etc. It's an alternative to using rubbing alcohol after removing np. Unlike with alcohol, my cuticles do not feel dried out after using Scrub Fresh. This product has increased my nailpolish wear (if I use dishwashing gloves when my hands are in water!) by almost double. With OPI and Essie, I usually get 2-3 days of wear. But with Scrub Fresh, I can go 5-6 days without any np seperating from my nailbed. I'm extremely hard on my nails (typing, working out, grooming my full coated Shih Tzu pup, housewk, etc), so this is a HG product for me. The 8 oz bottle @ $13 US has lasted 5 mos so far, and I do my nails weekly. I first remove np with a remover; then, I use Scrub Fresh. To apply, I like to use np wipes, as opposed to cottonballs, so I don't get any fibers stuck onto my nails bef I apply np. Or, I'll use a small towel. The only drawback to the product is that if you get any of the liquid onto the bottle, it makes a mess; the blue writing comes off and can get all over your skin/clothing when you go to pick up the bottle. Other than that, I love Scrub Fresh!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No