April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Deodorants - Lady Mitchum Dry Roll-On Antiperspirant And Deodorant

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jahola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-Good lasting power
-Good smell
-Reasonably priced

CONS:
-As the deodorant dries, it turns to a chalky white color
-Doesn't keep me dry

Overall: It's an ok deodorant, just not for me. I read other reviews and I don't think that anyone else has experienced the things that I have. What I really can't stand is the chalky white color left under my armpit after the deodorant dries. It shows up especially well on me because I'm African American. If you have even remotely tan skin I wouldn't recommend this for you. Also, I am not a heavy sweater. I don't get why this stuff doesn't keep me dry, but I could have delt with that. The chalky white residue was the deal breaker. I need a deodorant that I don't have to be concious of whenever I raise my arms (esp in the summer). Since it's winter I'll continue to use it, but once it's finished I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best deodorant I've ever tried you can have total confidence that you will be fresh & dry all day

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by danski1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

Mitchum is simply the best deodorant ever. Since discovering this 5 years ago I have always repurchased it as I've never found anything else that keeps me as dry. My only qualm is that it is not very scented so sometimes I have a little squirt of a more fragrant aerosol deodorant on top. Sweat patches are not a good look - especially on a lady and this is a fabulous product for keeping them at bay!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ct92

I really like this deodorant. It has a high percentage of active ingredient - about 20% when most in Australia are much lower. I have the Powder Fresh scent, which is a sweet baby powder scent that I really like. I don't find that I perspire with this product, and I smell nice all day.

The only thing I don't like about this product is that it's a liquid roll-on so it doesn't go on dry. This means that I need to put it on well before I start to get dressed, and it can drop white powder all over clothing. If I could find an invisible solid version of this product in Australia, I'd be all over that. I might even look into buying online at some point.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

The only deodorant I can use that doesn't let me down. As I am in a rush most mornings, I have to set it dry with my cold hairdrier setting!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Favourite deodorant, love the baby-powder smell, and the smell keeps, as in I don't start smelling like onions on a hot day! :/ I actually prefer the Men's version of this deodorant, but this one works just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by angelicbaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have been using this deodorant for about 7 years now, having had it recommended it as a good roll on. I have to admit it is good and keeps me dryer than any other anti perspirant. Every now and again I will try something else but I always go back to this.

A very good product - and one of the only ones sold in 100ml bottles, so you don't have to buy it as often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best deodorant I have ever used, and i've gone through many many brands so far.

The usual one, BM (before mitchum, that is) was the Nivea Dry roll on. I used that for years, and i still love it- it's fantastically scented, delicate for the skin, does a great job and works wonders in hot weather.

However, Mitchum works even better (stronger staying power, better freshness minus the sweat spots on the underarm area) AND is bigger. I don't know about the US/Australia versions, but the one sold in Europe is HUGE. A bottle lasted for about 2 months with daily use (sometimes twice, if i had evening plans as well).

I have mine in Shower Fresh, which is a citrusy-powdered fragrance, not overpowering at all. it smells like freshly washed skin, a bit soapy yet fresh at the same time; Powder Fresh smells too much of grandma's powder, has a hint of old roses and it's just too heavy for a deodorant; not my style.

The last time i bought it i got 2-for-1, which you can't beat. It's true it contains a high quantity of aluminium, which was allegedly linked to some types of cancer; however, i don't really believe this since deodorants have been around for MANY years and i haven't heard of anyone getting anything from using them. Anyways.

This product works great because it lasts all day long; when i come back home i feel and smell as fresh as when i left in the morning; it doesn't stain the clothes either, which was the main reason i switched from stick deodorant to roll-on.

The price is lower than Nivea, and the staying power & quantity are higher, hence the switch. However, i still keep a Nivea roll on around for 'special occasions' since i am so in love with the scent, and want my skin to smell of it if my boyfriend is staying over, etc. You get my drift :)

It works wonders for acne- i applied it on two painful cysts on my forehead and the next morning my skin was back to its normal color, no swelling and pain whatsoever; my sister uses it on her inner thighs when she goes jogging to prevent sweating in that area (it happens!!) and just feel fresher; i never tried it there but would do it in a heartbeat if i worked out, haha!

Strongly recommended for people who tend to sweat, or for those ladies who, like myself, abhor the simple thought of having spots on their clothes or smelling less than perfectly fresh in those areas after several hours.

Happy shopping, ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by bbabe1814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a bigger problem with smell, not necessarily being too sweaty, and this product covers both very well. The scent doesn't fade away like the deodorants I tried before and I have tried A LOT. I have no problems with sweat or smell when I wear this one. Aside from the white residue left behind after it dries, I love everything about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this deodorant about...twenty years. I love Powder Fresh, and would not change it for anything.