September 1, 2014 | 2180 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Eyes Trio - Jewels

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2007 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ACEerCP

While I'm more addicted to other WNW trios (check my other reviews) this is still a must have for me (PPP/redhead/green eyes). This has been reincarnated as Starry Night for the prom/spring display for those of you who missed out on it in 2006. While the three used together isn't the best choice on me since I have a rosy complexion, I like to mix and match the shades with other collections. I also use my e/s wet and would rec this for anyone experiencing pigment problems with this or other WNW trios; the darkest shade really punches up when applied wet. Speaking of that dark shade, it's sort of a cross between UD Purple Haze and MAC Star Violet to my eyes. I absolutely adore Star Violet and am drawn to shades in that family, so that's why I picked this trio up. The dark shade has a VERY subtle maroon shimmer to it..it's not matte, but it's almost there. Good for liner or to darken up your crease. The medium shade is the most pigmented to me and is a nice rosy shade, easily used with other brands and colors. Very shimmery and creamy with silver shimmer. The lightest shade is your go-to upper brow/highlighter shade; a pinked-out white with white shimmer. I can't do this one worn together since I am so PPP and rosy, but I use this swapped out with other combos. If you're a lover of roses/pinks/maroons, though, this is a must-have. If you come across a full Spring 07 display and don't have the two re-issue trios, get them all! If you don't like them they are easily swappable, but all are great quality, dirt DIRT cheap, and easily interchangeable with other brands and colors. WNW is a fabulous brand and has become my new addiction. It has caused this true-blue Chanel girl to bypass the Chanel counter for the last 8 months! :) Why pay $40 for one item when I can *HAUL* from the d/s for just as good if not BETTER quality? :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I expected this trio to be alittle more pigmented given the colors but not completely disappointing..The colors are sheer but buildable with some effort.I need a base to make them stick where on average,I don't usually use a base..Colors consist of a pale almost whitewashed pink,a rosey pink and a deep eggplant.Still an great buy at $2.99

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 2:22:00 AM More reviews by aliceq

this is the 2nd wnw trio that i have tried...looks more purple to me and i hardly wear any pink/purple es so far...this is the most wearable pink/purple shade to me....withoout looking odd..looks bold under indoor lighthing but when under the sunlight its so pretty...not too shiny or shimmering..i can say the texture and quality is as great as stila but not over shimmering like stila...this es is great for day mu...i love this gems...i collect nearly all of them...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 3:11:00 AM More reviews by twistygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic collection of very wearable pinks that will not make you look like you have pinkeye, as some pinks do. Highly pigmented, wears well, blendable, and how can you beat that price? For buildup, I find a good quality sponge applicator (not the little baby one in the kit) works the best. This is a LE but all of the Rite Aids around here seem to still have at least one, if you're looking for an inexpensive and fabulous collection of pinks you won't be disappointed with this little guy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 6:56:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am beyond impressed! I have way too many eyeshadows as it is but I have been lemming pink eyeshadows lately so when I spotted this trio at CVS I just couldn't resist. For $2.99 (actually, I only paid $1.50 with a coupon), this eyeshadow trio is fabulous. I would even be raving if it cost 6 or 7 times that much. The shades are all shimmery -- a pale pink, a bright rose, and an amethyst purple. Today I wore the pale pink as an all-over wash (lid and browbone), the rose shade on the lid/crease, and the amethyst in the crease and smudged as liner. This combo makes my green hazel eyes (olivey with some copper flecks) look wonderfully green. I love pinks and purples so I know I will get a ton of use out of this trio. All of the shades go on true due to their OUTSTANDING pigmentation. These are actually more pigmented than my MAC and NARS eyeshadows. The texture is a *little* bit dusty, reminiscent of how some Stila e/s can be. This is easily remedied by blowing on your brush before applying. These are soft, silky, easily picked up by my brushes... blend like a dream, and wear all day without creasing (I used MAC Bare Canvas paint underneath). I normally buy either single e/s or full-out palettes (6+ shades) but I think these WnW trios will come in handy. The packaging is rather small, seems sturdy enough for travel, and the shades allow for multiple looks. I am thrilled with this purchase and I will definitely look at more WnW trios when I am feeling the need to expand my stash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 12:18:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one awesome little trio for $2.99, but it is especially great since I only paid $1.99 as I had a $1.00 off coupon. This consists of a medium pink, almost rose color w/some red undertones, a soft pale pink, and a deep purple color. All have shimmer. They are well pigmentated, soft, blendable, great texture & long lasting. I got 9+ hours of wear out of these over UD PP w/no creasing or fading. I hate to say it, but these e/s are better than the last few MAC e/s I purchased at $13.50 a pop. The packaging if cute and compact. The e/s applicators that come w/the trio are worthless as they are too small, but what do you expect for under $3.00? The trio compact also comes w/a mirror that really isn't useful as it is so small, but the concept is nice. In a pinch both the e/s applicators and the mirror would do. I love this trio and the quality of the e/s. I will definitely be purchasing more trios as I am very impressed. I also got several compliments when I wore this e/s combo. I think this trio is LE so if you are a pink fan grab it while you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2006 7:58:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These color combinations are GORGEOUS! Includes a rich pink, medium-dark purple and a powder pink. They have the most lovely shimmer and are surprisingly nicely pigmented. The price was out of this world as I got it for $1.99 ($2.99 w/ $1 off coupon).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 9:53:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first Wet N Wild e/s trio, but I have tried the singles and I would say they are definitely of the same quality. I believe Jewels is a LE trio because I found it on a special display with two other new trios and 3 shimmery liquid liners. I've been lemming this all week since I saw it, and I finally picked it up today. I wasn't sure how much I'd like it, but I LOVE it! Jewels contains a light baby pink, medium reddish pink, and a dark purple, and all are shimmery. I paired these shades with a little black liner and mascara, and WOW - my hazel eyes just POP! I've been wearing these shadows for a few hours now, and they haven't faded or creased but I always use a good base (UD Primer Potion). For $2.99, I'll be buying more of these trio in different shades!

EDIT: I've since gotten rid of this trio. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality. I just found I wasn't reaching for it much anymore and that I favored my MAC eyeshadows. I was able to dupe the shades within my MAC collection, so I gave this away. continued >>