August 28, 2014 | 1666 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Skin Replenishing Cleansing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I usually use my panoxyl face wash but I I used some retin a and I haven't used it in a while and my face erupted big time and is so dry and flaky right now. I wanted to still wash my face but something that wouldn't aggravate it or make it drier. I found this at my moms house lol.I used this cause it sounded gentle to my itchy dry pimply skin right now. It didn't burn sometimes when my skin is in this state when I apply face wash or lotion it can burn but this didnt. This seems great so far. It says a gentle cleanser with moisture rich soy extract,its fragrance free,soap free,hypo allergenic,and noncomedogenic.This doesnt say oil free but I don't see anything with oil listed in the ingredients so this may be oil free also. This gently cleansed my face and seemed to calm everything down. I think I'm going to alternate daily with my acne wash and this,that way I can combat acne without drying out my skin. This says rinse off or tissue off, but I still rinse off. So far I'm liking this I will update if anything changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by razzberryjr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice gentle cleanser, soothing, unlike those harsh irritating alcohol cleansers. Great for those with sensitive skin. This mostly keeps my acne at bay. I like that it's non-comodogenic (won't clog your pores). My only concern is...is it actually cleaning? It's hard to tell, since you can't actually feel stuff being stripped from your skin. But I still like it. I just alternate it with an acne cleanser once in a while, to be sure.

Oh yeah, and the pump can clog sometimes and then you get dried up stuff coming out the next time you use it, but oh well. Thumbs up anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Gita1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Most wonderful cleanser I have ever used!!! I am not even into cleansers but this is such a treat to use. It is so luxurious. The best I can describe the texture is like noxema but no nasty smells and chemicals. It has no fragrance and cleans wonderfully - even eye makeup! And does not irritate the eyes! It never leaves you skin feeeling dry or tight - just soft and wonderful. It is not a foaming cleanser - it is like a cold cream or a noxema. But amazingly it rinses off very fast and thoroughly. Best skin care product I have ever used. Funny thing though - it appears that J&J does not make it any more!!! I found it on Amazon and bought about 6 bottles at once. If you can find it - hoard it!! And write to J&J to remake it. Ever since I have been using this and mineral makeups I have not had any acne...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2004 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Haesel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good moisturizer for people with very dry skin like I have. It cleansed without stripping my skin completely, and I did not break out at all despite the moisturizers. With most cleansers, my skin feels tight afterward and so my test is whether I could go without moisturizer comfortably if I need to.

This passes the test, although my skin felt slightly dry after rinsing. However, I recommend Oil of Olay's non-foaming cream cleanser for dry skin (comes in a tube) over this one. It's even milder, cheaper, cleans the same, and comes in a tube. (The dispenser for this Aveeno cleanser broke halfway through the bottle-- very frustrating!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2004 8:13:00 AM More reviews by marayo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product after an experiment with the aspirin mask left me with badly irritated skin and a nasty crop of angry red pimples.This Aveeno cleanser comes in a pump dispenser and has a thick, creamy texture. It was very soothing and calmed the itch and irritation considerably.

You're supposed to splash your face with water, smooth on the cleanser, then rinse or tissue it off. I do both--tissue or cotton pad to wipe away eye makeup, then rinse to remove any residue. I never stick to one cleanser for a long time but i think this one is worth having around if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2004 4:57:00 PM More reviews by pennyrile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this cleanser fully primed to hate it. After all it's a cleanser LOTION, and the directions tout that you can just *wipe it off*, without rinsing, if so inclined. Hrummph! That's just crazy talk, I said. I, like many, many others here, have a psychological condition that tells me my face has to SQUEAK-like a clean plate- in order to be deemed really truly clean. I am proud to say, I have gone through the 12 steps of recovery and I now know that I can clean my face without it having to imitate sparkling clean dinnerware.

Back to what I'm here to do... review this cleanser. Cleanses very well (must still rinse, I feel like a dirty, dirty girl if I don't) and takes off makeup without leaving my skin stripped. Granted, I don't wear space-aged Jetsons-style 24 hour foundation and eye makeup. Compared to Cetaphil gentle cleanser (which I just bought), it's much more creamy. And while I'm going to stick with my El Gigante Cheapo (envyo my fluento Espanolo) container of Cetaphil for now, I must admit I was a little sad it didn't feel like the Aveeno. Doesn't have any offensive smell, or much of a smell at all to me. Some say it smells of soy, but I've never sniffed a soybean before. Might be a fun hobby, I do not judge.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2004 11:18:00 PM More reviews by amy813

Gentle cleanser that is fragrance-free and does not leave a greasy film. However, it does not dissolve my Revlon Colorstay foundation, so I can only use it in the morning. Otherwise, nice product. (It smells like bananas, too...yum)!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2004 12:39:00 AM More reviews by letjin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

True...this cleanser doesn't clean very well. But I have a dry skin, and my skin would turn flaky or break out if I use Neutrogena Fresh Foaming cleanser, which is very good on getting most of makeup off my face.
So, I use this when I wash my face in the morning, because other cleansers make my skin sensitive and dry..I'm on my second bottle, but I need to start looking for cleansers that moisturize but yet cleans decently.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 2:31:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Another cleanser that doesn't clean. What is the purpose of these products? They don't clean and are not great moisturizers. A waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2003 9:01:00 AM More reviews by melanier

I ordered this from drugstore.com with hopes that it would help my flaky, winter skin. The smell is absolutely horrendous....I do prefer fragrance free products and know they typically do not smell good, but this was just terrible. It has a lotion-like texture that does not rinse clean. It does not remove makeup thoroughly and left my skin feeling greasy and oily. It also caused some noticeable clogging of my pores. I will not be able to finish this bottle nor will I repurchase. Back to the drawing board yet again.