April 16, 2014 | 2026 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Illusionary Burning Ambition mineral duo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color duo. The brown side is shimmery and looks gold/brown/bronze on the lid. It flashes all of these colors and looks shimmery but not super frosty. The vanilla side goes on so shimmery and gold. It looks fabulous over the brown side. For a bit more interest I add a rust/ orange color in the crease.

This will work in a more conservative setting or for going to dinner. It flashes different colors and is so interesting. Glad I found it at my local CCO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous! I have been stalking this MES for quite a while now and was just lucky enough to swap for it. I initially was only interested in the bronzey brown side, but when I swatched the gold side I fell in love...It is like Solar White on steroids! A yummy duochrome golden haze, gorgeous as an inner eye color but also spectacular over colored bases as an overall lid color. The bronze is delicious and decadent, a bit more gold/brass than the brown from Natural Flare MES or Interview MES. Looks like a color Cleopatra would wear......like riches for your eyes. I could see this duo being a bit too warm for some girls, but I as a lady who generally fears really warm golds and browns I personally still find this very wearable. I will just require good concealer and a bit more blush to pull it off.

The colors are very sparkly, but not in a glitter way, more in a hyper-shimmery way (and only when the light hits them directly) and the texture is smooth and buttery.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by friday89

I fell in love with this colour. The gold toned brown really brings out my eyes (which are light brown) and the gold looks fabulous on its own or with any other colour. I just apply with my finger but am on the lookout for a good brush to apply with. The ONLY reason it doesn't get a 5 is that it doesn't work when I try to mix it with water to get a more dramatic look. This is a shame, but because the shadow is already highly pigmented it doesn't matter too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by lalu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think on my nc30 skin tone the bright lemony golden side looks a bit odd, though I really like the brown side.Next time I will try to mix the golden side with brown to see how it turns.
This duo is pigmented.The only thing that I don't like is the chalky texture. Overall I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the better mineralized eye shadows from MAC. The lighter, gold side is a bit glittery but not so much that it's over the top for daytime if you apply carefully and with a light hand. And it is wonderful for lighting up the inner corners of the upper and lower lid or as an all over lid colour - just tap off the excess glitter for a less chunky look, since the glitter is somewhat gritty and coarse, which is a shame; I wish it were finer and more "integrated" into the background colour. And the darker side is the loveliest shade of brown - a golden brown that has richness and a bit of "oomph" but doesn't look overdone. No problems with chunky glitter with the brown shadow...just rich brown perfection with a bit of a warm "glow". All in all, a very nice shadow combo to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! The colors are so pretty. I was a little scared at first because it looked so glittery, but it's shimmery, not chunks of glitter. I love that when I'm in a hurry to get ready I can make a look with just these two colors. I like the lighter color on the 2/3 of my lid, and the the darker brown on the outter lid and up into the crease. It creates an everyday look that I can wear anywhere and is easy to add color to or make a more dramatic look out of. Would definitly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by bmorelikebre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this duo even though the brown half is very similar Tempting. The light and the dark half together create a shimmering khaki green color... it's really pretty! I think it would work with most skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Illusionary Burning Ambition is a beautiful mineralized duo color. The darker half is a golden, dark brown color that reminds me of tempting. I have several browns (handwritten, mulch, bronze, dark edge, cork, charcoal brown), but this one is truely unique, very pigmented and blends very well. The lighter color is a nice highlight color or can be used on the lid. The lighter color goes on my skintone as a light golden color. Both colors can be swirled on together to make a color that somewhat reminds me of gleam or honey lust. I am happy with this duo and yes, if I ever ran out, which I doubt that I will, I would repurchase this one. I wore this today with Honey Lust on the lid, the darker color of this duo on the crease, and Brule as a HL. Loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mustuff78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked this up the other day and was puzzled as to why I didn't buy it the first time around. It is a beautiful color combo. I use the lighter side on the lid and of course the darker in the crease. I would consider this to be my HG eyeshadow. It is neutral for the office and still dramatic for a night out look. I did not experience any fall out with this eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by pimmy5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this colour, it's what i hoped and wish NARS Star Sailor would be. For some reason the NARS looks off on my eyes, makes me look. sick, even thou in the picture it looks warmer, but it's actually not.

Illusionary is a light/yellow/gold colour with LOTS AND LOTS of sparkle ( don't think this so much, goes all over my face!! EVERY WHERE) but what i did this morning was put foundation on and then put loose powder all over my forehead and around my eyes. that helped a little, and just brush it off when you're done.

Same goes for the brown side, deep brown bronze colour. LOVE this colour, i heard that MAC bronze was a dupe for this, i will update if it is, i'm getting that in the mail soon.
I tried wearing Illusionary on the lids and Burning Ambition in the crease but it looks wrong for some reason, i may need to try it again but today i wear illusionary on lids and Buring Ambition on the outer V and blend blend blend. R/O for pictures ( excuse the eye pic, i put this on at 7 in the morning and i took the pic at 12:30 at night so...)
ps. NARS on the right and MAC on the left.

pps. the links are not working... but pics in profile!