Freeman Papaya and Lime

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This shampoo is not recommended for dry hair!! I have used the shampoo and conditioner combo a few times because I wanted to give it a fair try. After the shower when I brushed my hair, it felt like I was brushing straw! I can see how this would work for those with oily hair, it might cut back on oil, but there are better products for oily hair. Some natural oils we make are actually good for the hair. I would still like to try other freeman shampoos though because it was so inexpensive.

on 3/27/2013 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This isn't bad at all, especially if you're looking for an inexpensive shampoo that isn't too harsh and also uses natural ingredients. I find that when I use this I don't need to use a conditioner, and I generally have very dry hair, so this was a pretty fantastic find for me. I'm not crazy about the scent, but it's not overpowering and I don't seem to notice it much once my hair is dry. Glad I tried this out.

on 5/4/2007 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my new favorite. Particularly now that the summer is coming up, and I need a stronger shampoo. Probably not the best for anyone with dry hair, but it gives my fine, thin, oily hair great body and texture. And it is inexpensive to boot!

on 1/24/2007 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I think I've found the perfect shampoo to use with my HG Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner! I picked this up at Rite-Aid along with the matching conditioner (which I also reviewed) & I am very happy with this! I needed something inexpensive & with a fresh scent that would go well with my Giovanni conditioner, & this fits the bill perfectly. It's not tested on animals & the packaging (while a bit cheap looking) is very user-friendly...i.e, the product is easy to get out of the container. It has a lot of lather which might be drying to some people so I definitely recommend using a good conditioner afterwards, but it performs its job well (...it gets your hair clean). A great, basic shampoo that I highly recommend.

on 11/5/2006 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Very, very drying. And I have pretty oily roots too!

on 7/24/2006 7:02:00 PM

This shampoo has a great, fruity-but-not-overpowering scent, and lathered up really well. I have to wash my fine,oily hair twice a day because of my job and this never strips it or makes it feel like straw. It leaves it soft and shiny and I never even use a conditioner. I'll definitely buy this again.

on 7/20/2006 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've only used this shampoo once so far, but based on that it gets very good marks.

I have fine, thin, limp, oily hair, and Papaya and Lime left it full, shiny, pleasant-smelling, and squeaky clean without being stripped.

I'd been using Citre Shine, but it's become difficult to get. If Papaya and Lime continues to perform well, it will probably become my shampoo of choice.

I LOVE that Freeman products are good-quality, easy to buy(online at freemancosmetics.com), affordably priced, and not tested on animals. What's not to love?

Popular Shampoos