September 22, 2014 | 2082 users online

Fragrances - Laura Mercier - Almond Coconut Eau Gourmande

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is another of my favorite fragrances of all times. I can no longer tolerate most perfumes, and need a much more natural smell.

I use this alone, or add it with my Philosophy Honey

This is sweet smelling but not too sweet as I find the Creme Brule'.

I have ordered the Fresh Fig and can't wait to get that one as well

I have given or traded away all other fragrances sans my Laura Mercier, Philosophy Honey, and Narcico Rodrigeuz.

I have had 2-5 samples of almost every other designer fragrance on the market; and none compare

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is surprisingly beautiful. It is a beautiful slightly intense coconut soaking in condensed milk, & as it dries down a delicate toasted almond makes a slow entrace until it pushes forward enough to become the alpha note while the coconut in condensed milk beautifully becomes the back-up music. I should note that I'm really not a fan of coconut, but this is gorgeous, & is especially perfect for the early days of fall when the sky is a beautiful blue & the air is a little crisper. The only reason I'm rating it a 3 is because I'm prone to migraines & there's something in this that is aggravating the tendency for 1 to develop..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Personally, I like the intial top notes on my skin it really smells of coconut tanning oil. After about 15 minutes of drydown it does get an artificial rubber/dirt type of essense, but there's still that coconut note that I really like. It does remind me of the beach and of what dirty sand would smell like. Oh, how I wish that artificial note wasn't in this, as I would love it. It's a very long lasting scent on the skin, well over 4 hours on my skin and still going strong. I do like this one, but, I don't like it enough to purchase a bottle. Overall, try before you buy as this is one that from the reviews seems to be so different on everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Surprised to see all the negatives reviews on this one. It is exactly as described..almond & coconut with an emphasis on the latter. What impresses me with this scent is longevity. My biggest complaint with most fragrances I like is limited longevity. That is not a problem with Almond Coconut. You will still smell this scent hours later. This slightly sweet confection is well worth the money spent. I recommend this one if you are looking for complements and like to smell sweet and delicious.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by TealZen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First review on this site! :D Got this as a sample and it smells like medicine mixed with milk and a tiny hint of coconut. It has a very plastic smell to it that I can't ignore. I'll even go as far to say it is nauseating. I'm not sure I can keep this on my wrist any longer... I wanted to wait for the drydown but I can't stomach the smell. :( Which is a shame because I really wanted to like it and was looking forward to smelling it. To others it may smell great and that's fine, but to me it's not something appealing. (Since it was a sample I didn't know what to give the price and packaging options so I just put 1 for both).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So on the fence with Coconut Almond. The drydown is a heavenly coconut almond confection bathed in condensed milk! It's a gourmand that stays close to the skin and makes a very yummy edible scent. HOWEVER upon spritzing it's a hot mess!! Whatever perfumer's alcohol or notes LM uses in the top notes makes me think Angel on steriods!! It's strong! And not just alcoholic strong --- knock you out strong. I wish I got a big burst of almond like another reviewer mentioned but I didn't. What I did get was a huge blast of alcohol mixed with SWEETNESS that damn near blew me over! The drydown finally came after about 45 minutes (and I was thinking scrubber the entire time). I think I might want to keep this one as the drydown is awesome -- but I'm thinking on someone else it might be less drydown and more YUM!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by yogurt112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Initially, I loved this fragrance, to me it smelled like a "grown-up" and classy version of coconut with almond and floral notes. Of course, the lasting power wasn't the greatest, but I could still catch whiffs of it throughout the day. However, after the second day of owning this fragrance, it started to turn on me upon first spirtz. I honestly cannot describe the scent it began to resemble, essentially a strong almond smell that kind of reminded me of the soft and faint smell which wanders throughout hospitals, if that makes sense. Regardless, this became off-putting to the extent that I had to bring it back. I would strongly recommend one try samples of this before purchasing a full sized bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

I'm sorry but this is pretty yuck .It's overly done almond and coconut and it is underwhelming as a scent and overwhelming to my nose. No subtley at all. Horrid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty sweet mixture of both almond and coconut, however, it doesn't smell quite edible. There is a little woodiness and musk for balance. It is a very snuggly, comforting, and casual fragrance. It lasts about 3-4 hours on my skin, but lingers even better in the hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Melis

I loved it, although do not "bath" in this otherwise you will end up with a headache, over all light summer smell.. For a more lasting smell i do suggest applying a lotion first! Its a keeper :)