August 29, 2014 | 1778 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Stay Smooth shadows

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2004 2:46:00 AM More reviews by cac22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this eye shadow. I have it in Bronzed, a pretty neutral but shimmery shadow. I've accidentally dropped this shadow countless times (and the case hasn't broke at all yet, yay), and so the shadow is no longer compressed, it is just loose powder in this container. But it's gorgeous... easy to apply and looks nice on you. I'm not so sure about lasting power, I don't have many things to compare it to, but I think it's alright. I recomment this eyeshadow.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2004 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Princessmer81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought that these products were supposed to be good for people with sensitive skin! I bought a quad - can't remember the name, I tossed it.
The eyeshadow made my eyes sting! I have never had such a bad reaction to a cosmetic. I will never buy this or any other Almay product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2004 12:29:00 PM More reviews by bottlered

I tried the foam applicator. I tried regular full-size eyeshadow brushes. No matter how much shadow I managed to pat down on my lids, it was completely gone in under three hours. (I used the Desert Sands duo, a light peach with a dark taupe.)

There isn't enough pigment in these to persuade me to try another set, even though the colors are so pretty on the display and it's reassuring to know that I won't end up with irritated eyes. But with shadows as insubstantial as this, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2004 1:45:00 PM More reviews by hi_yalls23

I love this stuff. I have Lilac. Before my HG was Jane in Shrinking Violet. I use this on days I want a little bit more color because it's a little more intense. The others did a good job of discribing Lilac. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2003 2:22:00 PM More reviews by dilydaly7

I really like these. I got a quad -- don't know the name -- but all the colors are great! The eyeshadow is silky, not chalky, with a bit of shimmer. They blend well and look great. I do get a bit of creasing, but nothing really noticable, and I seldom need to touch up. You get a lot of good-quality product for your money -- definitely a staple when you are on a budget.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2003 11:01:00 AM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think these are great! I love the selection of colours and their super-soft texture-it makes application and blending a cinch! Plus they don't crease or fade on me-and I've got oily lids. Their price is slightly higher than most drugstore shadows, but I find their formula to be far superior and the colours very neutral. I will definitely get more of these-I love em! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2003 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Whammy

This is one good shadow, esp for the price! Goes on smooth, stays on. One sweep does it, no digging, clawing for coverage. I esp like Mother of Pearl and Linen for lighter basics, sapphire a little too bluey purple on me but a sexy, deep blue. Only complaint: Need more colors! Nothing like MAC selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2003 11:46:00 PM More reviews by bkdean

I have this in lilac, and it is really a much better texture than any other eyeshadows I have tried. I usually wear this alone on a light day, and for a dressier occasion, I will use it with other colors on the inside corners of my eyelids as an uplifter. I really love the feel and look of it. And unlike some other eyeshadows packaging, this has never come open accidentally in my purse, it is a great package.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2003 11:20:00 AM More reviews by subbacultcha

I bought this beyond powder eyeshadow in lilac. It is a very pretty light purple shade, with just a *tiny* hint of grey. I was looking for a pretty pastel type shade without the barbie doll look. This stuff did the trick. It didn't crease, and lasted a decent amount of time. It can look a bit chalky I suppose, but I never really tried many eyeshadow brands, so coming from a gal who isn't used to much, this is an okay product. I will mention though that the color selection isn't that great. EDIT: OKay, so I took off a lippie. I'm just bored with this stuff now. It really is rather chalky. *yawn*

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2003 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Senta

Bought this in Sapphire to use as a liner with PD transformer, and am very pleased.

Not the best shadow I've ever used, (kind of dry like others have said) but it suits my purposes, and I paid under $3 on sale!