October 25, 2014 | 1822 users online

Shampoo - TiGi - Brunette Goddess

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this shampoo for about 2 months now and I'm almost out of it (using the 750 ml bottle). The reason why I've almost used it up is because of the delicious smell! It smells like caramel and chocolate, but it's also really similiar to the smell of Baileys! But keep in mind that this is not a smell that everyone likes - my boyfriend doesn't like it at all, he thinks it smells like rotten milk. It might be a little overpowering for some. The smell also lingers in the hair for hours after you've showered (which I love).

When it comes to keeping my hair colour vibrant, it does a really good job. It makes my dark (dyed) hair really shiny and vibrant looking and it doesn't strip my hair for colour. It cleanses my hair really good and foams a lot, but it also makes my hair really greasy looking only after 12 hours. That really sucks, because I really like this shampoo, but I'm not going to repurchase it because it makes my hair get greasy amazingly quick. Overall a good shampoo, but I will continue my search for the perfect one. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by zerotic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the best shampoos out there! I remember using this shampoo when I was about 13 years old or something, and I also remember that I loved it - so after dying my hair brunette/dark again, I repurchased this and OH MY GOD I have forgotten how much I used to love it!

The reason why I bought it in the first place is obviously because of the gorgeous caramel/baileys smell. It smells really delicious, but the smell isn't pleasant for everybody - for example my boyfriend and my mother doesn't like the smell, my boyfriend says it smells like old milk.... Which ain't true, of course! It has a heavy and delicious smell of caramel, which lasts for a little while after I've washed my hair. If my hair gets damp or wet during the day I can also smell it slightly. I wish it stayed a little while in my hair to be honest, because the smell is just SO GOOD OH MY GOOOD.

Enough about the smell, the shampoo itself is really good for my hair - it leaves my hair really soft and shiny, making it look healthy and glowy. It doesn't wash out my haircolor and makes my hair look like I just dyed it. My hair also feels really clean after washing it, it washes out everything from really strong hard hold waxes to hairpowders. Will repurchase this over and over again, it's amazing. The shampoo pictured here on MUA is old by the way, I guess they've changed the formula since it says "oil infused" now - which is not a bad thing, it's even better than it was a few years ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by JulieDavon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My absolute favorite! The smell alone is like dying and going to chocolate heaven.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by wwwdotdawn

I bought this due to the awesome scent!! I had very high hopes, however my hair looks and feels like hay when I use this, Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best shampoo I have tried in the last few years.
I absolutely love it, the scent, the texture, the bottle. It leaves my hair so shiny, so smooth and so easy to brush - doesn't stand close to any other conditioners.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by tb_macpherson

The no-sulfate version of this product is the only colour shampoo I've used that doesn't make my scalp itch. I really miss it now that I'm using a L'oreal one.

I used a larger sized value back and the conditioner is still going! I loved the smell and the value of this larger size... it really did feel like it went on forever and I even double shampoo my hair. I felt I had to just to get the foamy wash effect.

I know it's not for everyone but I never got sick of the chocolate-toffee-baileys smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by preslejen

I am currently on my second bottle of this. I don't think it does anything particularly impressive to my hair. It doesn't leave it dry or greasy or anything, just a nice standard shampoo. The smell is delicious, definitely the best part of it. My boyfriend loves using it.

I don't think I am going to buy another bottle, while it's a nice shampoo it's pretty expensive for what it is. Twenty dollars for 750ml is a little much for me. I think I could find a much cheaper product that works just as well. If this was around five dollars I would definitely continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I often use this shampoo on my hair, it lathers up great and removes all gunk and grease from my hair. It also smells great too - a kinda sweet, toffee smell. It can be a little drying at times so I have to use a strong conditioner afterwards. I love the effect of this, it makes my hair more managable and detangled.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by stupidxlamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this pair or shampoo and conditioner because I'm a fan of most of the Bed Head products.. and the smell of this one was too good to be true! Smells like chocolate and coffee. Other than the smell it hasn't done anything great in particular for my hair.. At first it was good.. But after about a month I noticed my hair was starting to get dries out more than usual. I don't know why! I'm just trying to finish the test of it off and switching back and forth between my Moisture Maniac shampoo and conditioner. The Brunnette Goddess smells sooo good but its not really worth the price, especially for a pair you are going to use constantly.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by ICanBreakYourMind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

So I've used this product for the third time today along with the TiGi Bed Head Brunette Goddess Conditioner. I really, REALLY wanted to like this product as it was given to me by a dear friend for my birthday a few days back.
In the shower, it lathers up just enough that it covers my hair root to tip with just one pump, which is great considering that too much lather can cause damage to your hair but I find that shampoos that don't lather up at all tend to annoy me.
Once I'm out of the shower, I towel dry my hair and comb it though. My hair feels great, really soft and 'swishy' while it's still damp, but I think I'm going to have to give the credit to the conditioner for that.
Now here's the bad bit; although it does add nice shine to my hair and it does still remain quite soft, once my hair isn't damp anymore, it does leave it feeling dry and frizzy to my already very dry hair, even after adding in a bit of my leave in conditioner afterwards. I'm still kinda deciding whether to keep it or sell it, although I might try the Shine Spray from the same range as it has an oily consistency and may be able to help with the dryness of my hair, so I may possibly review that later. I don't feel like this weighs down my hair like many reviews has said it has. I also read that some people found that it's probably better for dry hair. It really isn't.
Despite being called 'Brunette Goddess', I don't feel that my naturally brown hair colour has become much more or even any more radiant like I had expected, so I can't see a problem trying this if you're a blonde or redhead or anything.
The one I have comes in a 400ml bottle with a pump, the packaging like most TiGi haircare products is very decent and I'm happy with it. The product itself is like most standard shampoos, it has that typical gel-ish kind of texture and it's a light creamy colour with very fine bits of shimmer, which don't stay in your hair once it's been washed out, but does look pretty in your hand. It has a warm, toffee, caramel, Bailey's kinda smell. To be honest, sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't, I guess it just depends on my mood, although most of the reviews I have seen on this product have loved the smell. I suppose it might just me that isn't a big fan as I very much would have prefered it to smell like the TiGi Bed Head Foxy Curls range which smells like Starburst or Skittles candy, yum!
I would probably not buy this again, I don't think it's worth the money.