Dior Ombre Plume

4.4

on 7/8/2007 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this product, it went perfect with my hazel eyes.. I can't believe they discontuined it.. I haven't been able to find something as good as this ever since.. We should write to Dior, maybe they'll bring it back.

on 3/10/2004 8:57:00 PM

The best eyeshadow ever, period. Definitely beats MAC paints as a shadow base! It's so sad that this product is so often overlooked, mainly because the shade range is so limited. My counter only has 2 nude shades, a brown-bronze and a matte mint green :( Nonetheless, I still love them. They come packaged lipgloss-style in a tube with a sponge wand applicator. Once blended and dry, these last ALL DAY (and then some!) on your lids, without creasing. I would definitely purchase again and again and again and again, and I hope this product won't ever be discontinued! :(

on 11/23/2003 2:42:00 PM

I have this in Cloudy Grey. This is a really pretty grey color, slightly shimmery and goes on great. It goes from liquid to powder really nicely, I love how it feels on my lids. It smells really nice too! I'd buy again, but probably try a different color.

on 4/8/2003 12:15:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviews. Excellent cream to powder e/s with great pigment and lasting power on my lids. Goes on smooth and evenly (unlike Stila eye glazes) and leaves a wonderful velvety finish. I only wish they had more color choices. I have Green Mirage, a seafoam green color that looks similar to what JLo was wearing at this year's Oscars and Antique bronze a gorgeous olive green with golden shimmer (a great fall color).

on 4/8/2003 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The Ombre Plume shadows are awesome. This is a cream to powder shadow that comes in a lipgloss wand/tube. Very easy to use. Color glides on and lasts all day with minimal creasing after 12 hours. Goregous colors that are a lot more pigmented than the very sheek CK eye washes, or other similiar products. At $22, a tad steep but you get a lot of great color and product for that!

*update* After using more products i realize that this is just ok. It doesnt hold shadows as long as my UD Primer Potion and has slight creasing in comparison. Wont repurchase.

on 3/2/2003 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

These are THE BEST shadows I have ever used. Being a makeup artist, I have had exposure to many cream, powder, and cream to powder formulas, and this beats them all by a landslide. The consistency is fabulous because it blends so well, and leaves you with an impeccable finish that does not budge all day. All the ombre plumes can be layered by themselves, with other eye products, or with each other, which I love. I do feel they are quite expensive, because by being in a tube, they spoil quickly if you apply wand directly to skin, and would then have to be tossed in a few months. To prevent this, use a Qtip or cotton bud.

on 2/5/2003 11:03:00 PM

I don't usually like creme shadows, but this one convinced me otherwise. It reminds me a lot of MAC Paints, but without such a metallic shimmer. Oh, and the packaging is a bit less frustrating too. :)

The texture is creamy, but it dries to a velvety, slightly powdery finish. And amazingly, it *stays*. Really, really well. I use Beige Veil (a softly shimmery champagne beige) as my eyeshadow base almost every day. Exceptional. continued >>

Ombre Plume Light & Lasting Eyeshadow is packaged in a tube with a sponge tip applicator. Put a little dab on your eyelid and smooth the color on and the shodow dries to a velvety smooth finish. It last all day and doesn't crease. I have Rose Halo and Souffle de Mauve, which is more of a lavender. It's the only lavender that doesn't look chalky on my skin. Overall, I think this is they best shadow I've ever used. Will definitely buy this again. It's worth $20 if you buy colors you'll use frequently.