Kanebo kate mascara base

4.3

on 4/16/2015 6:12:00 AM

HOLY GRAIL LASH PRODUCT!

Every single mascara of mine tends to smudge because I have oily lids. It doesn't matter if it's waterproof, every single one I've tried from drugstore to high-end, western to asian, fat wands to skinny wands, always fails the smudge-proof test.

UNTIL... the entrance of the KATE mascara base.

Translucent and magical, now even comes with fibres for extra-length. Use a proper oil-based eye makeup remover, or better yet, invest in a mascara remover (I'm using the Heroine Make one) and this will go on on your lashes effortlessly, making it lengthen and separate and stay curled all day long until you rub it off in a second.

Without this, I would have chucked my recently bought MAC mascara to the bin already. How I wish I found this earlier so it could have saved countless others. It doesn't really matter what mascara you use over this, I think. It transforms your lashes!

on 3/19/2015 8:47:00 AM

Omg !!was not expecting such a great mascara base.first and only mascara base and solution to my straight asian lash that doesnt hold a curl.No joke,for once my asian lashes stay curled for 10 hours even in a humid country.

on 2/2/2015 6:26:00 PM

I just finished a tube of this base, and I must say that I absolutely adore this. I abandoned this for a while as it would have made my eyelashes look over the top paired with the mascara that I was using at the time, but I'm so glad I rediscovered this and used it religiously until it was all done. I would definitely repurchase this soon.

on 8/11/2014 1:23:00 PM

i bought the product in japan together with the kanebo kate mascara in black color, the price is so much cheaper rather than my origin country so im thinking why not trying both. I found it quite good to holds the curl which is last whole day and the fiber did make my lashes longer, the only thing bothers me is that the fiber keep falling into my eyes. I'm wearing contact lenses which is make the pain even worse, once i had to pull the lenses out to get rid of the fallen fiber. I used little eyelash' brush to avoid the fiber being too much after applying, it helps a lot

on 3/29/2014 5:53:00 AM

Great product! Adds volume and length really well and it makes my lashes stay curled even without eyelash curler. The fibre stays as well and doesn't stick out in weird directions like some other products I used previously. Come off easily too. Overall great product but if I find a mascara that can do all this on its own I won't buy this again, more convenient that way.

Edit: ok. I have found my HG mascara - the japanese Heroine mascara. It really doesn't need this. Still awesome product though.

on 11/5/2013 5:26:00 PM

This product is amazing. My asian lashes are stumpy, stick straight, and generally sad. This primer holds an amazing curl (all day), and lengthens and volumizes them with the fiber deposits. I cannot recommend this product enough. I will continue to use this product as long as they make it!

Update: The formula has changed slightly, and they added a curved brush. It still works like a dream!!

on 9/17/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this mascara base! I have thin, sparse Asian lashes and this mascara base holds my curl even when I use NON-waterproof mascara. This works better than the $25 Shiseido mascara base I used to buy. I get this for around ~300 NTD / $10 USD in Taiwan, which is only a tad higher than other drugstore mascaras in the US. The packaging is nice and sleek too.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The SA from a beauty shop recommended this when I was looking for mascaras with a base/primer to use, and she was right - it's an amazing product! The first time I tried it I was already convinced that this is the best primer for me. I can use it with any mascara, and it holds the curl perfectly well - even if I'm out of the house for more than 12 hours. Definitely worth the money.
UPDATE: I stopped using this for a while because I had eyelash extensions for 2 months. When my eyelash extensions fell off, I went back to finding my mascara HG. I felt very frustrated after my extensions because my lashes seemed to have grown thinner and shorter - a lot of them fell off and it didn't help that I was picking them out. I have used dozens of mascaras - NYX, L'Oreal, Benefit, Lancome, and others out there but nothing gave me the satisfaction of long and beautiful eyelashes. Frustrated, I turned to this once more, and I forgot how beautiful it made my eyelashes appear! Since the one I owned was running out, I quickly rushed to the nearest drugstore to buy this. They changed the packaging but the quality didn't change - one swipe all over my eyelashes gets it working. I use whatever mascara after that, and OMG, I have to be honest and I really want to stress this out - that my eyelashes look gorgeous as hell. I will never turn to any other mascara base ever again.
I am moving to another country next month (I am currently in Asia); does anybody know if I can buy this in France? If not, I will definitely panic!!!

on 1/13/2013 10:05:00 PM

I was really looking forward to trying this after seeing the reviews however it really disappointed me.
It's really clumpy and thick and builds up too quickly before the fibers even adhere to my lash lengths. I also end up with little globs of the formula on the end of my lashes but no fibers! These globs are difficult to cover with mascara.
The only way I figured out to use it was by applying it just using the tip of the wand on the very ends of my lashes to avoid getting it on the lower lengths of my lashes, however this was time consuming and often ended up clumping anyway.
End result is messy and clumpy with little white bits poking out. Much prefer shiseido lash expander as it's two in one and works beautifully with no clumping.

on 1/12/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

HG! I finally found the best mascara base in my life. I read the reviews on MUA and decided to try it while I was in Japan for business. I bought it in a drugstore in Tokyo with 20% off MSRP.

The fiber in this mascara base is the finest and shortest I've ever found in any bases(mostly American brands) which I've tried in the past. The color somewhat turns from white to black after it gets dry. You can build your eye lash to your desirable the length and thickness by repeat swiping it over and over. It make a drastic change for short and skimpy Asian eye lash.

I see reviews that it didn't make much differences on some people. They must have some lashes to begin with. If you have short and skimpy lashes, this base is for you. Asian brand know the best. I went back to the drugstore next day and bought two more for stock.

Popular Mascaras