August 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Mascara - Kanebo - Lavshuca mascara base

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though I already found my HG mascara base / primer (Majolica Majorca's Mascara Base) , I still do try other brands for a change. I got from Watson's Personal Store over Causeway Bay for HKD 75. Take note: Not all Watson's Personal Stores here in Hong Kong carries the Lavshuca line from Kanebo. You can usually find them on large Watson's stores all over Hong Kong. Mostly the ones in populated area such as Causeway Bay, Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui, etc. just to be sure.
Anyway, I bought a lot of products from Lavshuca mostly not because of the reviews over the internet but mostly because of its beautiful, cute packaging. LOL. If you still haven't noticed, Lavshuca's packaging comes in a princessy and very girly packaging which I think for my opinion attracts most of its buyers.

Anyway, this mascara base / primer from Lavshuca is not that bad after all. It comes in a small mascara tube, smaller than Majolica Majorca's. Also, the brush that comes with this is more of the "old-fashioned" style, compare to the other mascara brushes that you'll get to see nowadays.

Also, I believe that there's no fiber content included in this mascara base. I know there'a a bit of a "rave" for fiber extensions nowadays to extend eyelashes but this doesn't have one. Making it easier to take off after usage. I'm not really against fiber extensions, only that it is VERY HARD to take out after usage. It usually takes 2-3 days for me before I can really take out ALL of its fibers on my lashes.

About the product, I think the product is "OK" but not fully contented with it. Why? Not sure why. Maybe because of the brush?! I'm not really awed with its brush... I think this product will work better if the brush is like the new ones. Also, to make it work better, I use my electronic eye lash heater / curler for better results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is actually the first mascara base I've tried, so bear in mind that I can't compare it to anything else. It definitely makes a cheap mascara (Avon wash off waterproof - cost $0.99!) look great. It also makes my mascaras long wearing and a tad difficult to remove. It adds some length but not much volume which is OK since that's what I need. Overall I'd buy it again unless I saw another mascara primer that was a similar price but an obviously different formula, and I haven't seen one yet. They all look the same to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by SilverGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does helps to volume and lengthen my lashes but it fall beyond my expectation. But for the price, I can't complain much.

I still prefer Lancome mascara base!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 3:58:00 AM More reviews by momochow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic mascara base, way better than the famous Sheiseido's mascara base. My (asian) lashes are significantly elongated and the curls hold pretty much throughout the day. After buying this I have bin the Sheiseido's.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 3:33:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

got this from a kind angel from japan. looks like a translucent base filled with fibres. weirdly, this didnt lengthen my lashes, made it slightly thicker & held my curl (created by shiseido curler). does *not* make your normal mascara waterproof. compared to kate mascara base, this has a tapered brush (which i much prefer)

works very well with laushuca volume mascara. the volume mascara sucks on its own but surprisingly with this base, its kick ass! continued >>