October 1, 2014 | 1952 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Cream Shadow brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wonderful brush. It is easy to clean. I have had mine for over 2 years now and it looks brand new. I clean it each time I use it with a brush spray cleaner. I spray a piece of paper towel and clean the brush with it. Applies the cream shadows beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Nice, but almost identical to the SPAresource Cream Shadow Brush. Even the handles look the same. Fellow Canadians should put this in perspective, and try that one first. It sells for only $2.47 at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by LSK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Earlier I used my fingers for applying and blending the BB cream shadows. Got product under my nails and didn’t manage to blend well on eyelids…. Problem solved with this cream shadow brush: The brush is amazing! It is soft and doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes - but dense enough for controlled application. Picks up the right amount of product and blends it perfectly on eyelids! Absolutely a HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by coletteJ

This is perfect for the longwear cream shadows from BB or other brands. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by watergirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wear makeup every day but I am by no means an expert - I need my makeup to be easy to apply, long wear, and basically fool proof. I have owned a BB cream shadow for several months and had always applied it with my fingers. I ended up ordering the brush because the cost bumped me up to the minimum to get a promo on BB's website. I LOVE the brush - it is just stiff enough yet still soft, and it picks up just the right amount of product. This is waaaay preferable to applying with my fingers because it's easier to blend the e/s and I get the right amount of product on each eye, instead of having one eye with more e/s than the other. I also like using this brush to apply cream highlighter to my inner v's, which is nearly impossible to do well with my fingers. 4 stars! I took one off for the price, which is $28 (too high).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A Necessity For Me

This was my first Bobbi Brown brush purchase. I ordered a limited collection that included the Cream Eye Shadow in Galaxy, and was told that I needed this brush. And that person was correct. I really do need this brush.

In the morning…I take out one of my cream shadows (sometimes just to prime my eyes), and dip my brush into the little pot, apply it to my eyes, and then blend with my ring finger. Get the perfect look every time. I’ve tried other brushes that look like this one (two concealer brushes from other brands that picked up too much product and another brush used for shadow/liner from another line (What a mess!). I’ve used my finger (when I couldn’t find my brush), and it smeared. I also put way more on one eye. Not a good look;)

If you can use something else or you’re better than I am with your fingers (I know BB can do it…I’ve seen her)…then this brush is optional. For me it’s a necessity, and if it ever wears out (unlikely)...I will gladly repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a cream shadow addict and sometimes its hard to apply since I have medium to long finger nails. This brush is wonderful! I get great application that starts with sheer coverage building to a more vibrant color. This brush is pricey though, but well worth it if you use cream shadows a lot. I would have given it a 5, but the price brought it down to a 4. Also, I've not tried any other cream shadow brushes so have nothing to compare this one too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by janiner

I tried the cream shadows with the brushes I had and couldn't get a nice smooth ocverage. I bought this brush and problem was solved. I'm sure you don't need to have this exact brush, but it does the job very well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I didn't think this brush was absolutely essential to apply BB's cream shadows--application was just as good with my finger or a decent concealer brush. Brush is very stiff so even though I tried to justify keeping it when I returned the new cream shadows I couldn't because I tried to use it as a concealer brush and it was so stiff it hurt my face it but I do have very sensitive skin. A don't bother item IMO.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No