December 19, 2014 | 1742 users online

Mascara - Guerlain - Maxi_Lash_Mascara (2009 formula)

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Valentina1234

When this product first came out I purchased it. It was great a few years ago. After six months, I purchased it again, and by the third time I purchased it, the formula changed. It dried up in two weeks. They also raised the price several dollars. I returned it and it dried up again within a few weeks. I returned it again, and that was the end of this terrific mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT 27th June2012 this has now been discontinued and the new Guerlain mascara are just bad in my opinion....I now use Lancome Definicils and sometimes Hypnose precious cells.... shame as I think Guerlain used to have nice mascaras, now they are just really hype and expensive and don't do the trick!

I'm in the minority here... ah well, I've tried so many mascaras, from cheap ones to expensive... and this one is for me the best for my sensitive eyes, contact lens wearer...(compared to YSL False Lashes which ends up stinging my eyes, shame really) It's nice in Black and the Violet makes my eyes pop out greener ;) I put it on "zig zagging" with the brush through the lashes and this way my lashes get really long and volumized as well... it stays on all day and it's removed easily.... I used to love the Divinora one but it's now discontinued... ah well... still wondering if the HG mascara exists in this world, but for now, Maxilash is my keeper...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by IoannaAmeerah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought it, cause i trust Guerlain on make up products. Sorry, but i am disappointed from this one..The reason i nominated with 2 lippies is the fact that thickens and curles the lashes BUT only at the first applications.
Even i protect the maskara from being dry (by closing the tube with my thumb in every application), it got dry in less than 3 weeks!
Also the maskara didn't stay for long on my lashes and the color is something like soft black,which is good for natural look but not for the dramatic look i want.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the two coloured mascaras (the blue and purple) and they're horrible on my eyelashed... they clump like crazy and the colour barely shows.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

I don't know if there was anything wrong with the mascara (my mother bought it for me at our local duty-free store) but it was a clump-city on me! If I was trying to comb the clumps out there was nothing much left on my lashes afterwards. Binned it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ArtistryByTiffany

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I am a mascara freak, and for years I have used L'Oreal Voluminous and have always loved it!!!! When I started working in cosmetics in a department store, the lady from Guerlain let me try this mascara and OMG I love it!!! 1 coat of this and my lashes are HUGE!! Although it was really pricey, it is an amazing product!! Good thing I stocked up, because I won't pay that much for mascara once I get a new job, but if price isn't an issue for you, BUY THIS MASCARA!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaCB

This is a decent mascara but I was hoping it would make my lashes super long and thick but was not that dramatic. It adds some length and a little volume. It did hold the curl for a good part of the day. The color is dull making the finish look dry. It does not perform well enough to be worth the price ($27 + tax).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was so expensive and did nothing for me at all. I paid 18.50 in house of fraser and ive had better results with d/s mascara and i hate d/s mascara apart from MF mascaras :) I have short, normal thickness lashes- not thick not super thin either. Firstly as soon as I applied this it dropped my curl totally...also hardly gave me any volume and basic lengthing...meh...crappy...would NOT repurchase...i layered about 3 coats of this and it didnt clump or flake which is something i guess... if u are looking for very natural, seperated, lashes this is for u, but for the price to get this look you can get a very cheap mascara from the d/s

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this. I wish I could say I would "maybe" buy this product again. I bought Maxi Lash wonder violet No. 53. It has great color but it does not keep my curl (I must be doing something wrong). It does not flake, clump, smuge or run. It keeps my lashes soft and they don't look spidery, It just does not keep my curl. I can run my eyelash comb through and there is no tugging.
I love the color and find that it looks vivid on the brush, but it is not vivid on the lashes, just enough subtle color to enhance my eyes and not make them look red as if I have been crying.
I enjoy the extra pop this color gives my eyes since I don't use eyeshadow much (I have not found an eyeshadow I like enough to keep using it).
It really does maximize my eyelashes and make them look like I am wearing false eyelashes, it just does not keep my curl. I need to learn this one better I guess. I like the brush, but not like I like Divinora's brush.
I will be buying the Divinora again and I will be trying the violet color that Divinora has. Maybe the Maxi lash mascara formula and the Divinora brush will together be perfect for me. I am not above playing with the mascara's brushes in that fashion.
I am pleased for the most part with Guerlain and it's mascaras. This one just needs to keep the curl better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Jeadith

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this mascara. It makes my eyelashes fuller and longer and doesn't weigh them down after I curl them. I will definitely repurchase. The packaging isn't as pretty as other guerlain mascaras, but it's okay. I'd rather pay for great product than great packaging of a product that doesn't hold up to it's promise, like many other mascaras I have purchased. I love to have very dramatic looking eyelashes all the time, even if I'm wearing a very simple natural look on the rest of my face. I love Guerlain.