November 23, 2014 | 1495 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essie - Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Better than Seche Vite. I love that stuff but the goopy stuff at the end of the bottle drives me insane. Thinner doesn't even help after so long. Also it tends to shrink and do other things I hate. Essie doesn't do anything of those things. It's also cheaper and it looks great.

Only real difference between the two? Shine. It all comes down to Seche's shine factor. Essie can't quite get there in how shiny Seche is, but I don't care much because I would rather deal with no goopy bottle I have to toss because it can't be saved and not have manicures ruined by shrinkage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by rasew

Compared to Seche Vite:

Pros:
- hasn't become as gloopy, easier to apply and applies thinner
- brush is more accurate
- less peeling

Similar:
- high shine
- smooths out nail surface and a few mishaps during polish application

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Essie Good to Go is good to go in the trash. Bought it because I thought it would be compatible with 3-free and 5-free polishes. Not a chance.

I just ruined my last manicure due to shrinkage. I let the polish dry a bit before applying; I applied over new polish; no matter, shrinkage happens and ruins mylovely manicure.

I'm going back to Jessica Top Priority. the drying time wait will be worth it; besides, that's why I having drying drops anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by KatiNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not much for doing my nails (in fact, there's a guaranteed smudge every time) and this fixes it and dries it quickly so I can't mess it up again! Seriously idiot-proof. Wish I could post pictures.. I don't know if it's the best, but it's by far the closest I've found!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by lgibs86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: I put this on right after I am done my second coat, and it dries the polish almost immediately. Very quick to dry. Very shiny, and it feels light.

However, as a top coat this is a bad product. My nails chip within hours of applying it. Some even peel right off without me doing anything with it. I will NOT buy this product again, because while it helps dry my nails, it doesn't protect from chipping.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by idkhelpme

Pros:
Dries very quickly, probably one of the fastest you can get at the drugstore
Good brush

Cons:
Gets goopy halfway
Not really chip-proof
Price (subjective, I think that $8-9 is pretty steep)

Great when its new but gets goopy and unworkable with very quickly.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by JRBabe100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm really baffled this doesn't have a terrible rating. Bought this as part of a buy-one-get-one-free at Ulta based on its positive reviews here. I used it as my top coat when I painted my nails last night. Within 5 hours my polish was insanely chipped. And I mean almost halfway gone and on all of my fingers.

I know it was this top coat. A) I used 3 different polishes because I was going for an ombre effect (one color on my thumb, one on my index finger, etc etc.) and B) I didn't change anything else. I've never had good luck keeping polish on long but I've never had it chip this fast either. Going back to the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri that I was using before. I've also had good luck with Seche Vite and Poshe.

You've been warned!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bottom line: this gave me the shiniest top coat that dried the quickest, the hardest over the four top coats below. If I don't use a good base coat I will get sheeting. There is some slight shrinkage if I'm not careful to wrap the tips well. I've tried the below, all side by side as comparsion to Essie.

Essie Good to Go. This had by far the highest glass like glossy sheen that lasted. And it dried the hardest, the quickest. Unlike the other brands I tried, I couldn't even dig my nail to make a dent or scratch if I wanted to. I went camping with a two day old mani and I didn't get any chips until the second day of camping and it was pretty minimal. I've noticed, oddly, that Essie GTG does not work well with Essie colors for me, it chips pretty quickly. With other brands (even cheap ones) I've had 4-5 days chip free, easily.

Rock Top Coat just doesn't cure for me, so that was returned.

SH Mega Shine went on nicely and dried completely. I was severely disappointed with the shine! And it left some minor brush strokes.

SH 4-in-1 Moisture Treatment--just not a good top coat despite that one of the "4" uses is a top coat. It was not quick drying and chipped almost immediately.

Revlon Gel Envy. Provides long wear, but the color range is paltry and I found the top coat dulls after a few days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

Best top coat ever!!!! Manicure does dry almost instantly and lasts twice as long…i will buy as long as its being madee…

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite top coat. I've tried quite a few including Seche Vite and Sally Hansen Insta-dry, and this is by far my favorite. It dries quickly and smoothly with an awesome shine. It also does not shrink which I have experienced with Seche Vite. The only problem I have had is that once you get about half way through the bottle it does thicken considerably, but it's nothing some thinner can't handle. I will definitely repurchase.