April 24, 2014 | 1828 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essie - Good to Go! The Fastest Drying Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by LoveChanel1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would buy Essie Good To Go over and over again, it is that amazing! I have been using this product since September 2013, and it gives any brand of nail polish a salon finish. It also dries the nail polish really quickly so you are left with a smooth and streak free finish. The only downside is that after a few months of using it, it starts to get a bit goopy making it a little hard to apply, to overcome this I just added a few drops of my nail polish remover and it worked perfectly. However, I do think Essie should look into this and improve the longevity of the product.

*Bear in mind that this top coat will shrink the overall coverage of the nail polish so apply the top coat generously. I do my nails once a week and always use this top coat - I am still on my first bottle, so it really lasts a long time. I think it costs about GBP 8.99 in Boots - well worth the money!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by kamunq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I haven't used many fast drying top coats, this one has definitely impressed me. I purchased this in Canada at my local Superstore for $9.99+tax. I am not very patient when it comes to applying nail polish. I just canít sit around and wait for it to dry. I was debating on getting Seche Vite or Essieís Good to Go. After reading reviews on MUA comparing the two I decided to go with Essie because the Seche Vite sounds like it thickens really quickly in the bottle. This top coat allowed my polish to dry in no time. I often apply 2 coats of polish and then this top coat. I am not the neatest at applying polish and may leave minor streaks, however after I apply this top coat the streaks are not as noticeable and it leaves a beautiful shine. Wonderful product and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sjea32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best top coat I have ever tried. I work with animals, so lots of hand washing, etc. Stays chip free for at least 7 straight days. Super shiny and looks great. I'm so excited I found this, exactly what I was looking for. Fast drying/ chip free/ shiny, love it. And easily available at cvs, etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I've never tried a fast-drying top coat before, but I was tired of getting smudges and sheet marks on my nails, and this definitely doesn't disappoint. My nails dry sooo quickly, regardless of what brand of polish I use and how many coats I've applied. My only complaints about this is it doesn't reduce chipping and it doesn't have the OPI Pro-wide brush which I've grown accustomed to. Otherwise, this is a god-send for those late nights when I do my nails in bed and fall asleep, for they are glossy and smudge-free in the morning :).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by eee555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dries VERY quickly, and lasts just as long as any slow-drying top coat I've tried.

I normally put two coats of this on top of semi-dry nailpolish, it makes a hard layer that protects the polish underneath until it dries completely. I hate waiting around for nailpolish to dry, so this is perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Julzey91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does it get any better than this? I never wanted to paint my nails because no matter how long I waited, I'd wake up and have dents and bubbles in my nail polish so I just got sick of wasting my time. I found this product and it's life changing. I paint my nails, 2 minutes later they're hard as a rock. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I will be purchasing this FOREVER and never looking back!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by boringlauren

This is the top coat I have been looking for! I've always been pretty loyal to Seche Vite, but it causes awful shrinkage on my nails, does not prolong the life of the manicure, and when the polish chips on the second day, it will just all pull off in one solid sheet. I'm on my third day with this manicure, there was no shrinkage, and I have no chips, not even tip wear! It is the same price as Seche Vite but works much better, and lacks the chemicals that some people dislike about Seche Vite. I would 100% recommend this top coat to anybody who asked me. Super shiny. Long wear. Quick dry. Do it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by rosebud222

gives great shine, and completely dries polish in less than 10 minutes (may even be dry sooner but I'm too afraid to test it before the 10 minute mark). Polish seems to last without chipping for about 1-3 days so on that front I am not happy with this product. Would recommend to anyone needing a top coat which dries very quickly, but I wouldn't recommend to anyone who wants their manicure to last chip free for more than 3 days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best top coat I have tried. Lasts for a week, does not chip, amazing!
I was using Sache Vitta because it gives that nice gloss, however it was very thick and it changed the color of my nail polish. Essie is way better, love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Two women I work with always have super shiny, great looking nails - I thought they were gel polished. But it turns out, both of them just swear by this as a topcoat so I had to get it. Though $10 is usually a little steep for me for polish, this is totally worth it!

Dries SUPER fast. Before I would worry about smudging or chipping for an hour or more after painting my nails. This makes my polish dry and set completely within less than 20 minutes - no more having to avoid touching things for hours, which means I'm more likely to paint my nails. :) Goes on very smoothly, not too thin or thick, and no bubbles once dry.

The speed is wonderful and the finish is great too! It's very, very glossy/shiny and does make regular polish look as good as gels. Helps prevent chipping; even with frequent antibacterial washing and typing, makes my polish last at least 4 days.

Definitely recommend this one. It's a must!