November 22, 2014 | 1721 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

At least do not use it for a long time as I did!!

I have struggled with acne since I was 11, and I am now 21.
I used this cleanser for about 4 years, sadly!!!
Keep in mind, I am only 21!!! I noticed fine lines near the sides of my mouth (you can only tell if you are very close to me), but I NEVER had them before and no one in my family is prone to such things until they are WAYY older! I am talking like 60s! I couldn't belive it.
Then, I read online about how HORRIBLE Benzoyl peroxide is for your skin...and it can prematurely age you. Well, I am glad I stopped using it while I am ahead.
I am just trying to warn all you out there who consider using this or who are using it!! STOP now!! 10% BP is harsh!

When I stopped using this, ALL HORROR BROKE LOOSE ON MY SKIN!
I started breaking out sooo badly!! My skin was dry and irritated, and my skin became very inflamed! I think my skin was addicted to the BP! I am still trying to get it back to normal and it has been months since I haven't used this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

HG face wash right here! I don't know why I ever try anything else because this stuff has never let me down!

I broke out HORRIBLY back at the end of May/early June and was juggling different cleansers and lotions hoping it would help. Finally I really thought about what used to keep my skin super clear back in college and high school and realized that I was using a wash with 10% BP in it! I picked this up and almost overnight it seemed like my skin started clearing. The big, boil like blemishes I had under my skin started coming to heads and my skin just looked better overall. I really like the cooling feeling you get as you rinse this off. Now my skin is mostly clear, I get one or two break outs during that time but they last thanks to this stuff!

I use this at night so that the BP really has a chance to work overnight and clear my face. But buyer beware, purchase cheap towels/white towels or use ones that are old and you don't care about!!! This will bleach your hand towels over time! And be careful with splashing onto painted walls. I have bleached small spots of paint by using this stuff! Oops! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Jalanalexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I havent seen a change in my acne yet because i have only been using it for like 3 days hahaha but it is not drying or harsh on my skin at all! I love the cooling sensation! I'll keep you updated on what happens in a few weeks

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by sgreene52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Keeps my acne under control.I should definitely use it more to prevent breakouts but every time I do I'm never disappointed the nxt day acne is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ohboyitskayla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only product I've ever found that keeps my skin under control. I started using it just once a day at night, but now I use it morning and night.

Be careful - this is a super strong formula. The morning after my first use, I woke up to extremely red, itchy, scaly, swollen eyelids. It freaked me out so much that I went to the doctor. Now I only use it on my chin (problem area) and steer clear of my eyes and forehead to avoid any more burning and irritation.

I still get breakouts around my period and I just started a birth control which is messing with my skin, but this product has helped me so so so much. I will never stop purchasing it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by EmmaBethStep

I think this product has been the difference maker in helping keep my acne under control! I use this product daily and retin-a micro 4x a week. However, due to the excessive dryness possible with this product (and the retin-a), I recommend using Albolene make up remover at night which is super moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Arielstarr88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading a lot of these reviews I've come to one conclusion!
Some of you have no idea what acne is!
Yes this product is very drying, however in order to work it is supposed to be.
Besides that ladies, we should be moisturizing anyways!
Most of the time that I've used other acne products they leave my skin feeling oily and I can almost feel another breakout coming on, but this product doesn't give me that feeling and after only a few days of use I've seen some great results!
I'd definitely purchase this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I hate what Clean and Clear company did over the years, inventing products that not only makes acne worse, but also super dry your skin.
From this company I only use Clean and Clean Face Scrub, and that's it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Shybunny1

My skin type is oily and a little sensitive. This stuff really made my face super dry! I used it at night and when I woke up in the morning, there was a lot of flaky patches on my cheek bones, my chin, my nose, and around my eyes area.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Ronab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use 2.5% but I think due to some diet changes my skin began breaking out which annoyed me. So I decided to get the 10% which is known to actually be worse than 2.5% as in it irritates the skin which can cause more breakouts. But I have used this 10% in the past before. So I decided to go back. I have used it for a couple of days and it has dramatically cleared my skin. It does irritate and burn my skin though so I also remember to use a thick moisturizer as in vaseline. I don't have horrible acne just a few small bumps and some pimples. I only use this at night . And in the morning thoroughly rinse my face with warm water and moisturize again . I will use this for about a week until my skin is perfectly clear then I will go back to my 2.5%. With facial cleansers you have to know if benzoyl or salicylic work best for your skin. Salicylic didn't really give me great results, they were mediocre if that. Benzoyl keeps my skin pretty clear. I also use a toner which is witch hazel and moisturize with vaseline due to the drying effect. I can't really see the drying effect but I feel it . Although I did get one dry patch on my face from the 10%. And no, vaseline does not break my skin out, and it shouldn't break skin out. It actually leaves it supple, soft and moisturized! As everyone has said this is a cream, it does not foam. It tingles due to the menthol which I don't like , menthol can irritate the skin but seeing as you wash this off immediately after you lather it , it's fine. So if you already know that benzoyl doesn't breakout or irritate your skin in heavy amounts then try it ! Some people use benzoyl and it completely ruins their skin because they are allergic to it so they think benzoyl doesn't work . Everyone's skin is different ,so it's more a trial and error. I normally use the acnefree oil free face wash 2.5% as I mentioned normally, which is amazing I love it, it's also more of a watery cream it doesn't lather, and I use witch hazel as a toner after. Like I said I will be going back to this after my breakouts go away .