February 1, 2015 | 1142 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2015 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Andilynn11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a cream cleanser with just enough surfactant (Sodium Olefin Sulfonate) to actually remove makeup, so it's the ideal balance of cleansing without over-drying. SA cleansers don't do much for me, but this seems to keep my complexion nice and clear, and actually seems to help with the oiliness I have in my t-zone throughout the day. I use this both morning and night, and don't find it nearly as irritating/drying as some of the foaming SA washes I have tried. I use white towels and white washcloths, and would advise anyone wanting to use this cleanser to do so also, because the 10% BP will most definitely bleach your towels and your clothes if you get this on it. That is the nature of BP, so I don't fault the product for this, I am just careful when I wash my face. The one thing I would call a major con is the amount of dang menthol in this, which is irritating to eyes and a totally an unnecessary ingredient (but people like the cool tingle so skincare companies keep putting this ingredient into cleansers). As long as I'm careful to keep this away from eyes and not get it onto my clothes, it works very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2015 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lovedrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had to stop using this product after a few days because it was drying out my face. Even then, I was only using it at night. It didn't completely dry me out, but it left me feeling a little scaly on my chin and with a few dry patches on my cheeks. I've been using the same routine for years and it has kept my skin in check but I wanted to start including something to help with my blackheads and this definitely didn't work for that. I would only recommend this to people with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Kevincastleg

I love this product, acne delete my whole face, not dry me and gives me that feeling of irritation, unlike gives me a feeling of freshness to wear it, I highly recommend it, but there's another brand "OXY" which is almost the same, I think it's better that by renewing cells

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

At least do not use it for a long time as I did!!

I have struggled with acne since I was 11, and I am now 21.
I used this cleanser for about 4 years, sadly!!!
Keep in mind, I am only 21!!! I noticed fine lines near the sides of my mouth (you can only tell if you are very close to me), but I NEVER had them before and no one in my family is prone to such things until they are WAYY older! I am talking like 60s! I couldn't belive it.
Then, I read online about how HORRIBLE Benzoyl peroxide is for your skin...and it can prematurely age you. Well, I am glad I stopped using it while I am ahead.
I am just trying to warn all you out there who consider using this or who are using it!! STOP now!! 10% BP is harsh!

When I stopped using this, ALL HORROR BROKE LOOSE ON MY SKIN!
I started breaking out sooo badly!! My skin was dry and irritated, and my skin became very inflamed! I think my skin was addicted to the BP! I am still trying to get it back to normal and it has been months since I haven't used this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

HG face wash right here! I don't know why I ever try anything else because this stuff has never let me down!

I broke out HORRIBLY back at the end of May/early June and was juggling different cleansers and lotions hoping it would help. Finally I really thought about what used to keep my skin super clear back in college and high school and realized that I was using a wash with 10% BP in it! I picked this up and almost overnight it seemed like my skin started clearing. The big, boil like blemishes I had under my skin started coming to heads and my skin just looked better overall. I really like the cooling feeling you get as you rinse this off. Now my skin is mostly clear, I get one or two break outs during that time but they last thanks to this stuff!

I use this at night so that the BP really has a chance to work overnight and clear my face. But buyer beware, purchase cheap towels/white towels or use ones that are old and you don't care about!!! This will bleach your hand towels over time! And be careful with splashing onto painted walls. I have bleached small spots of paint by using this stuff! Oops! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Jalanalexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I havent seen a change in my acne yet because i have only been using it for like 3 days hahaha but it is not drying or harsh on my skin at all! I love the cooling sensation! I'll keep you updated on what happens in a few weeks

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by sgreene52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Keeps my acne under control.I should definitely use it more to prevent breakouts but every time I do I'm never disappointed the nxt day acne is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ohboyitskayla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only product I've ever found that keeps my skin under control. I started using it just once a day at night, but now I use it morning and night.

Be careful - this is a super strong formula. The morning after my first use, I woke up to extremely red, itchy, scaly, swollen eyelids. It freaked me out so much that I went to the doctor. Now I only use it on my chin (problem area) and steer clear of my eyes and forehead to avoid any more burning and irritation.

I still get breakouts around my period and I just started a birth control which is messing with my skin, but this product has helped me so so so much. I will never stop purchasing it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by EmmaBethStep

I think this product has been the difference maker in helping keep my acne under control! I use this product daily and retin-a micro 4x a week. However, due to the excessive dryness possible with this product (and the retin-a), I recommend using Albolene make up remover at night which is super moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Arielstarr88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading a lot of these reviews I've come to one conclusion!
Some of you have no idea what acne is!
Yes this product is very drying, however in order to work it is supposed to be.
Besides that ladies, we should be moisturizing anyways!
Most of the time that I've used other acne products they leave my skin feeling oily and I can almost feel another breakout coming on, but this product doesn't give me that feeling and after only a few days of use I've seen some great results!
I'd definitely purchase this again!