July 28, 2014 | 1777 users online

Mascara - Philosophy - The Supernatural Mascara The Anti-Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by frankie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because I love tubing mascaras and had read some great reviews of this product. What a mistake that was.
This was the most horrible mascara I've ever used.
The first time I used it I stood there for about 5 minutes trying to get some product on my eyelashes since it seemed to be totally dried out. I realise itís not a thickening product and actually bought it for that reason, but there was zero product going onto my eyelashes at all.
Then when I washed what tiny amount I managed to get on, oh my god, my eyes were in agony. It burned so horribly I had to go to the doctor. Now my eyes are still red and irritated and itchy three days later. I don't have sensitive skin/eyes and have never had a reaction to anything like this. Maybe this one was just a dud, but would never use it again. If you value your ability to see, stay away from this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This didn't smudge, which was great, but it applied crumbly - there were these kinds of little lumps on the ends of my lashes. It was not smooth, and wasn't buildable. Lengthened a little, but it was difficult to get it to add volume.
I liked the brush, which was on the smaller and stiffer side which allowed me to get to the smaller lashes and corners.
However, the product itself wasn't good. Won't re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loove this mascara.
It's a nice true black, it lengthens and volumizes just enough (I find it's easier to apply from the top of the lid to get the volume I want). I have a bit of a bias towards tubing mascaras. I went back to normal ones and I never knew if I had taken it all off 'til the next morning. Plus this doesn't irritate my eyes like Imju Fiberwig did.

Also, I got this at costco - 2 for $21 USD so I'm super happy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara slightly enhances my lashes, leaving them looking natural, which I like. However, like all other mascaras I've tried, it flakes as the day wears on. I won't tolerate flakes of mascara under my eyes, but I'm too busy to be checking my face all day, so this is not the mascara for me. I'm still looking for that perfect natural-looking, non-flaking mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by nailbean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, this product sold me for the last year. It does produce beautifully separated longer lashes...My regret, using it...My lashes are brittle, sparce and breaking off! This is the only change I have made to my routine, I eat a well balanced diet, take vitamins and have regular check ups, I even had my thyroid checked just in case. No problems with me, It is my mascara! As much as I love this mascara, I will never use it again...My once nice lashes are no longer, now I am looking everywhere for lash conditioners and regrowth stimulators to correct long use damage from this product...the $22 price tag is cheap compared to my lash restore products! Will post again after using those as well! Sorry philosophy, I love your products, but you have ruined my lashes, Like I said MY lashes, I know everyone else will disagree, this is about my own experience..No thanx to this Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by nhhnh42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always had problems with mascaras. I have really long, full lashes but the tips are blonde to they look a lot shorter than they are. I consulted my Philosophy sales rep and she told me that this would be the best because she thought my lashes were "naturally amazing". I bought a tube and I've fallen in love. It never smudges and it won't move until I wash it off. I love the stringy-ness when I remove the make up. It comes off completely where I've had problems in that area with other mascaras. I would definately recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash curler. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/Oilproof? - Yes and Yes!

Adds volume? - Moderate.

Adds length? - Yes.

Adds definition? - Yes. Clump-free, and I do not need to use a lash comb, yay!

Holds curl? - Yes.

Removal? - Fun! I love removing tubing mascaras - just douse with lots of warm water, and slide the tubes off. You can slide them off while pressing gently on the tubes and pushing down away from your eyes (eyes closed). Or, what I do is pinch my lashes between my fingers and slide the tubes right off. No tugging needed. Looks like black silly string afterwards.

Packaging - Cylindrical black tube, very plain and simple. Brush head is shaped slightly like a football, fatter in the middle and tapered on each end; the middle is maybe a tad fatter than a regular mascara spoolie but not much. The bristles are in a nice clean spiral pattern.

Comparisons - Same ingredients list as Blinc Kiss Me, the only difference is the brush head.

Overall - Love tubing mascaras. This is a winner, a HG just like Blinc Kiss Me.

UPDATE - Philosophy has discontinued this wonderful product. $@!#$!@%!!!!

UPDATE #2 - Philosophy brought it back! Available on their website. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by princess_jess73

I used this for as long as it lasted. I already have very long lashes. This made them look like ginormous but they stuck together and I I could feel them sticking together and clumpy. I don't know how I feel about the fiber thing. I didn't like MAC's fiberrich either. However, I was looking down and a girl said, "Can I ask you, are you wearing fake lashes?" I told her know and I was only wearing one coat. I guess they did do something. This was recently. I like MAC's Newest Plumping Mascara and Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes. None of these irritate my super sensitive eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I suppose this mascara does what it claims it will: give you natural looking lashes - it was a little too natural though and I might as well have not been wearing anything on my lashes. I am a fan of the "tube forming" mascaras which is why I gave this a go but I think it is my least favorite of the "tube" mascaras (I really like KA and Too Faced Lash Injection better they also build tubes but much more effectively so).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by goodbyexxkitty

This is an okay mascara but it doesn't do very much for me. I have short thin lashes and I''m sure this would work much better on someone with thicker lashes. I don't like how you can't put on another coat after it dries since it makes my lashes so hard. I also don't like the way it washes off in little rubbery strings and sometimes little peices get in my eyes which hurts pretty bad.