Versace Bright Crystal

on 5/25/2015 10:33:00 PM

This perfume has a clean and fresh scent and I'll usually wear it on days I don't want to bother with hair or make up but I want to smell good. It does fade even when I put this on my pulse points, I'd say about 3-5 hrs after putting this on? I also like that when I wear this people always ask what I'm wearing (also the EROS for women)

on 3/3/2015 1:35:00 AM

This is a confusing perfume for me. I would not ever have purchased this for myself. I usually gravitate toward heavier scents that are more evocative of places or memories or favorite things, and that smell warmer/earthy. However. My husband picked this up for me, and I tried it to be diplomatic. Frankly, I had found the bottle slightly repellent--tacky and juvenile. But then...everywhere I went, people would lean in and get this look on their faces and exclaim over how much they love this scent. I have never gone a day wearing this where I'm not complimented for my scent, sometimes by strangers. I've come to truly appreciate this for what it turns into--a bright, slightly spicy, warm and sparkling fragrance. The bottle is even growing on me, and now I see it as kitschy and fun instead of annoying. This is a powerful little bottle. It simply smells wonderful and comforting. Lippie off for poor staying power, and for the fact that it's more of a people pleaser than a personal pleaser; but otherwise, wow.

on 2/27/2015 1:54:00 PM

I love this scent. Its not overpowering, yet noticeable. I think its great for day time wear. Its not as long lasting as I would like it to be however.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Eh, I can take or leave this fragrance. It's very run-of-the-mill, with nothing particularly distinguishable about it. Also, the general consensus is it is mostly a scent fit for teenaged girls. However, it is a floral, fresh fragrance and great for everyday use. It's an EDT, which already kind of kills the staying power. I've received this as a gift and constantly get samplers of it. I never throw it away, but would never put it on top of my list of fragrances I would purchase for myself.

on 1/18/2015 9:56:00 PM

This review is for BRIGHT CRYSTAL ABSOLU EDP that is not listed on MUA yet and wouldn't let me add it. This perfume gets such positive reviews, that I expected to LOVE it. I bought the rollerball so I could test it out without a large financial commitment. It's a really wearable fruity floral but nothing exceptional or super special in my opinion. I will probably use it on vacation but it's not "signature scent" worthy to me. It smells like a lot of other florals out there. It would likely appeal to younger girls - it would be a great first fragrance as it's easy to wear but not a mature floral scent. The bottle is pretty :)

on 1/11/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of the most perfectly named fragrances I've encountered in a while. It is a bright, clear scent, just as the name Bright Crystal suggests. It is fresh and fruity without being overly sweet, and it works well with my body chemistry and doesn't turn sharp or unpleasant. However, I find it just a bit too bright, as I prefer fragrances with just a bit more weight.

Top notes: Yuzu, pomegranate.
Middle notes: Raspberry, peony, magnolia, lotus.
Base notes: Vegetal amber, mahogany, musk. continued >>

on 11/23/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Top notes ~ pleasant citrus and floral. After reading other reviews for this fragrance, yuzu must be the citrus in the top note.

Middle notes ~ not kidding, fragrance smelled like cotton candy. Then a light powdery floral with cotton candy blended in took over.

Drydown ~ light floral. I prefer florals, but this one didn't wow me.

on 10/16/2014 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This isn't terribly unique but I do love it. It has top notes of Yuzu (which I am unfamiliar with), pomegranate, and watery notes. The middle notes are lotus, magnolia, and peony. Base notes are musk, mahogany, and amber.

I would equate this to a very feminine yet musky fragrance. The mahogany is slightly different than the typical sandalwood. I mostly smell the peony, magnolia, and musk. I do however smell a tinge of citrus which is apparently the Yuzu. Itís some sort of Japanese citrus. It doesn't come off as orange though, itís harder to explain. I would say more like bergamot/lemon. It just gives it a clean smell with the musk.

Bright Crystal, for me, is a very long-lasting perfume. Will suit you well if you're a feminine person, very girly, pinky, just like the perfume liquid's color. This perfume will last you a LONG time. Like all other perfumes as well, but maybe I just don't use it too much.

My favorite part of the perfume is the bottle cap. It's very pretty and aesthetically appealing.

One thing I wondered about this perfume is like, it kind of.. evaporated? During the times I brought it with me to a lot of places, overseas and inside the country, the amount of liquid decreased quite significantly. I don't know if this is due to my lack of knowledge in perfume care or whatever, but the packaging should be able to deflect at least some heat..?

Speaking of the packaging, it is STURDY. Once, when I accidentally dropped the perfume, although not from very high, only the bottle cap came off.

Other than that, my experience with the perfume has been wonderful. The perfume lasts a lot of hours throughout the day, but after several hours other people just won't be able to smell it out of you anymore, while you yourself can still smell the perfume.

on 8/21/2014 4:55:00 AM

I can't believe that this perfume does not have better reviews! It's one of my all time favourites. It's so flowery and fresh, just lovely! I love the bottle as well, it's very pretty. My only complaint is that this perfume does not last long on skin, I wish it would linger a bit longer.

Popular Fragrances