October 1, 2014 | 1891 users online

Gels/Soaps - Mary Kay - Satin Hands - Satin Smoothie Hand Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is intense. The scrubbing particles are not jojoba or round, but jagged little bits of...I don't know what. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I would not recommend it for sensitive skin. Funny but the skin on my hands is not sensitive - IF I'm careful with this product. There is no over-scrubbing or this would scratch my hands for sure. It's sort of like creamy sandpaper that way.

The soapy/sudsy part of the product is the winner. It mixes well with water and foams up creating thicker type of creamy wash that really helps soften the effect of the scrubbing pieces. That is the saving grace of this product in my opinion. A little goes a long way and it can be used on heels and elbows, which makes it very cost effective. I also like the fact that is comes in a pump form that locks - this minimizes the mess and it can be kept in the shower. Winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by LoFra

I got this product as a gift from my aunt and i don't know how she found out about it but I am sure glad she did! This stuff in absolutly incredible. It makes my hands look, feel, and smell incredible. They are softer than silk and the peachy smell remains in my senses for a long time after its gone away. If you want soft hands fast, this is what to buy for sure. Even putting it on feels wonderful. I LOVE THIS STUFF (can you tell?)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by slew84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells so good
When ever I use it i'm constanly sniffing my hands.
I want to try it as a foot scrub with a pumise stone ( try it and tell me how it is)
I love the packaging and how easy it is to use.
I hide mine undter the sink so no one wont use it all up (dont tell)
I do wish I was a little less. You get a better deal buying the whole set, but its worth it becuse it really helps your hands. When I stopped using this I saw and felt the difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lindsey251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh how I love you Satin Hands! In the winter my hands are always super dry, and this takes care of that. It's a pump dispenser, and one pump is perfect for me. It is an orange color with red + orange beads in it. It has a lovely peach scent to it, which I adore. Once scrubbed in on dry hands, it starts to turn white. Once your whole hands are white, that means you're done scrubbing. You then rinse it off, and once dried, your hands are 10 times softer and smoother. Leaves your hands with a scrumptious scent. I recommend using this daily, and I would definitely repurchase. Next time, I think I'm going to try the new fragrance-free version, so the scent doesn't mix with my perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It smells good and I love the pump dispenser. This is great to use with extra emollient night cream (a super-thick, moisturizing orange cream that's the first step in MK's famous "satin hands") to make hands or feet nice and soft. This is also a great product to leave in a guest bathroom (or your own) so that when your company washes their hands, they can also exfoliate, which actually helps remove even more germs than soap alone. The old product which this replaced was grittier and therefore seemed to exfoliate more, but this smells so much better that it's worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 11:35:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

This smells so heavenly, you could eat it! Though I love the original version, this streamlined version really is very pleasant to use. I tried this at an MK party and when I finish my original set, I will buy this in a heartbeat. If you love the smell of fresh peaches, this will send you into peach bliss. Really softens and smooths hands too, too good!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The original Satin Hands was a four product and step process: you'd put a thick moisturizing gel on hands, then use a scrub and follow with a cleansing gel to take it off. After washing off the combo moisturizing thick gel and scrub, you'd finish with Satin Hands moisturizing cream. This was sort of a re-use of MK products repackaged into a spa set. The scent was soapy. The inconvenience was that after smearing thick oily gel on your hands you'd have to open up a tube of scrub. So the MK folks combined the gel and the scrub into a new peach-scented mix to reduce the number of products and steps. The only problem is that there is not enough SCRUB to my taste in the new formulation and I hate hate hate fruity scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 10:37:00 AM More reviews by tech6858

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makes my hands and feet sooo soft. It gets rid of all the dead, dry skin. I wouldn't wear sandals without using it first.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2006 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Ambam032

MK updated the Satin Hands set. They combined the Body Scrub and Cleansing Gel into the peach scented "Smoothie". It is very similar to the BBW Deep Cleansing Hand Soap, just not antibacterial (not that I mind, I think the whole antibacterial thing is marketing hocus-pocus). It softens and cleanses nicely. The granules can clog the pump mechanism a bit and make it a little hard to use. The peach scent doesn't linger on the skin. At $15 for 7.75 oz, the price is a little steep.